[Archive] Possible CD new releases

Necrotique:

Well, I’ve been back at work, so have had more time to read and buy, and less time to spend painting. The plus side is I’ve been able to paint little bits of models at a time (really helped with the Mammoths and Toadies) but that I can also read a lot more.

Recently I’ve read two of this years book - Knights of Brettonia and Wulfrik both of which heavily involve Chaos Dwarfs (with one beseiging Courrone and the others defending their Ziggurat “Dronangkul” from the Norscan Marauders)

From what I’ve garnered I can safely say there is a possibility of new units being released soon of the following descriptions.

Infernal guard - already happened.

Immortals - elite infantry that help guard the temples.

Slavers - lower than the Immortals but higher than hobgoblins

"Harridan" - female Chaos dwarves beyond the age of breeding, dedicated to defending the temples and living as monks (think Teutogen Guard but short and female, also bald and with horns) They also have their tongues burnt out as soon as they are past child-bearing age. In contrast to the female CDs who can still breed, these are scorned and hold little more value than the Infernal Guard.

Exo-suits - the high priest in Wulfrik wears an exo-suits of black marble and obsidian that spouts steam and jets of magma from its pistons. Is said to “make him taller than a man and as massive as a troll” Also, makes him able to crush solid rocks with his gauntlets, has hidden blades (like the Assassins Creed series) and has wicked suspension allowing him to “absorb the shock completely of the 50-foot fall” It’s also equipped with a Fire-Spitter which is like a portable warpfire thrower that throws fire. Or a flamethrower, either way :stuck_out_tongue:

Lanterns - I know, not technically a unit but sheds light (hehe) on how CDs can project light from their Iron Daemons, towers, lanterns, etc. All light sources of the CDs are said to be bound daemons behind thick obsidian, their rage shining through solid rock as they eternally try to scratch free. This bit really appealed to me.

Lammasu - confirmed but is described awfully like the “black and red manticore” from the Storm of Magic expansion. Also sounds more like a beast to be guided than a revered spawn of Hashut.

Death Rockets - confirmed as are blunderbusses, though the blunderbusses are widely used by the Slavers along with flails, hooks, chains, etc.

Magma Cannon and Death Shrieker - not mentioned by name but are used to defend the gates of the fortress Wulfrik besieges.

Bull Centaurs - very scarce and revered, are commanders of the “base” infantry such as Infernal Guard and Slavers.

Sorry if all this has been mentioned elsewhere (I could not find it) but I thought it’d be worth sharing and I’ll add more as I go. Mainly because I’ve noticed lots of books last year on refer to CDs more and more leading up to their release, as well as mentioning units which have now been released. Hope it helps or at least gives some hope to the new releases :slight_smile:

:cheers

Spikes:

Thanks for the heads up!

Novogord Vivendi:

If they would make exo-suits, I wonder how they would look.

A little like the old sorcerer had? Some kind of mechanical legs?

Necrotique:

@Spikes - no problems. At tho mo’ it’s just me guessing about it based on the novels, as they usually don’t write in detail about aspects they won’t be bringing back.

@Novo - the way the book described it was like Chaos Armour coated in obsidian with mechanical legs. They also refer to oil or petrol being used as fuel to drive engines, with them having a pit of it in their temple which they worship.

I’m hoping they’ll create a more dynamic Astragoth-esque model, but I s’pose we’ll have to wait to see.

fonejaker:

We where told by rick preastly that astragoth has been written out of the tamurkhan books,

G.2:

We where told by rick preastly that astragoth has been written out of the tamurkhan books,

fonejaker
This sounds interesting. Now, who is "we"? and when did he tell you? Did he say anything else? - I just want some more information, if you have any.

Thanks.

fonejaker:

fonejaker
This sounds interesting. Now, who is "we"? and when did he tell you? Did he say anything else? - I just want some more information, if you have any.

Thanks.

G.2
It was at the Uk games day, by we i mean me,

He mentioned that there was some kind of bycot against astrogoth and he was removed from this armour and put on the road going up to zharr naggarund, whilst be not fully turned to stone. I can imagine him stood there with only his eyes looking around.

From what i can remember i think he mentioned a sorcerer called Drazoth (or something) was behind it.

But this was before he left, so it could have been changed

Baggronor:

They also have their tongues burnt out as soon as they are past child-bearing age.
What a good idea ;P

zhatan87:

From what i can remember i think he mentioned a sorcerer called Drazoth (or something) was behind it.
Drazhaoth the Ashen, Prophet of Hashut will probably be in the list (rinding cinderbreath).

KramDratta:

Posted on Warseer

Necrotique:

I’m happy to see them brought back, but with the GT being the size of an O+G boar I don’t really see it fitting in very well.

Ah well, thanks for the scans :slight_smile:

cornixt:

Nice to see them painted a bit differently. Look a bit darker and more evil than the 4th ed paint job.

Mr Saturday:

It’s a little surreal, seeing them back again, in all new finecast. Good to see chaos dwarves getting a mention in white dwarf again though!

Baggronor:

This’ll kill a lot of Ebay profiteers too. Nice.

nitroglysarine:

This'll kill a lot of Ebay profiteers too. Nice.

Baggronor
Yeah one of my hopes, who's going to buy a £40 taurus if you can get one from the shop (albeit in resin)?
(This may get more relevant as the FC resin issues are solved.

Mr Saturday:

Indeed. I’d certainly consider it once the quality issues are resolved. It would be great to have a lammasu that’s easy to convert to take a marauder-style rider and with the weight of the resin, the wings shouldn’t need pinning.