[Archive] Possible Citidel Finecast CDs

Murdock129:

btw, there some old minis being released in Finecast in July as well, notably the Lammasu, Great Taurus, Dark Emissary, Truthsayer, Fenbeast and Cold One

M'ichal
I found this on Dakkadakka in the Storm of Magic topic posted by Kroothawk. I'm unsure of the veracity of this claim but if it is true then this would be amazing.

Also if this happened and these sold well I can also see them making more Citidel Finecast old CD's such as Bull Centaurs (partially because they did Bull Centaurs for a while after the range was no longer sold in shops)

gIL^:

Would be awesome but a little mad to make these unless all these are in the storm of magic book and GW don’t want make new mini’s to cover them.

Murdock129:

That is my assumption as well, though the Lammasu has possible credience, with the recent issues with Raging Heroes Lammasu

The only other reason I can see them doing this is the fact that WF CDs have been selling really well and since they probably have the old molds for the old CDs they think these’ll sell just as well, which is a fai rassumption as I’d for one buy any Bighats they brought back

wallacer:

Hope it is true. Not just for the CD, but I would love to get one of those old Dark Emissary figures as well.

aka_mythos:

I don’t think they’re making any new “CD”… most of the Storms of Magic releases are different mounts for sorcerers. So if anything this will just make available to more armies what was originally just ours. I tend to think we’ll see just the mount without the CD riders.

Admiral:

I don't think they're making any new "CD"... most of the Storms of Magic releases are different mounts for sorcerers. So if anything this will just make available to more armies what was originally just ours.

aka_mythos
Still, it seems a step in the right direction. It brings the Chaos Dwarfs a little bit more into Warhammer.

Also, would it not be more probable that the Lammasu and the Great Taurus will be monsters rather than mounts in Storm of Magic?

aka_mythos:

I think its possible, but if they’re re-releasing old miniature, and as monsters the Taurus would be fine, but doesn’t the Lamasu have the barding for the rider… that would look like its missing something.

I know FW was suppose to release models to support SoM…I’d have assumed they’d be doing the “CD” ones.

Admiral:

I think its possible, but if they're re-releasing old miniature, and as monsters the Taurus would be fine, but doesn't the Lamasu have the barding for the rider... that would look like its missing something.[/QUOTE]

Good point. If they're re-releasong the old models, they'll probably add some kind of background explaining why certain heroes are presented with Lammasu mounts.

aka_mythos
They might very well do, but I suspect that Beastman monsters (and others in the rulebook that are not models) will be of higher priority. Personally, I hope that they'll be doing the Chaos Dwarf monster upgrade kits already this summer.

Blue in VT:

I would agree that the recent issues with Raging Heroes Lammasu give some credence to this possibility…otherwise why would they care.

Blue

snowblizz:

otherwise why would they care.

Blue in VT
Because the legal flunkies were bored that day and needed to look useful.

nitroglysarine:

This might sound like a stupid question, but why on earth bother with ‘finecasting’ old models that the molds will be a bit outdated and not really worth it. The models a nice, but the detail can’t compare to the modern castings.

Or am I being a twerp and that is the point? The original castings are probably great and a finecast one might be more detailed?

vulcanologist:

I know we all want our dwarfs of fire but do we want them to melt in the sun !!

nitroglysarine:

I know we all want our dwarfs of fire but do we want them to melt in the sun !!

vulcanologist
2+ fire resistance, yeah not when made of resin, a 100watt bulb might take it out! ;P

snowblizz:

This might sound like a stupid question, but why on earth bother with 'finecasting' old models that the molds will be a bit outdated and not really worth it. The models a nice, but the detail can't compare to the modern castings.
Or am I being a twerp and that is the point? The original castings are probably great and a finecast one might be more detailed?

nitroglysarine
Yes and no. The limit of how much detail you can expect on Finecast is limited to that of the original sculpture. On very old models we'll hit the barrier of what sculptors could do/did back then. The old "molds" are however irrelevant as new ones are made from the masters.

nitroglysarine:

I get you, so if they were great sculpts but the molds back then were bad, there will be a point to ‘doing it better’

Grimstonefire:

They might even be recutting the old moulds for all we know.

I take it the only reason they are releasing the GT and lammasu is because (presumably) other races can now take it?

There wouldn’t be a whole lot of point otherwise, other than for nostalgia (for a race that still won’t have an army book).

Thommy H:

I suspect there’s an element of cross-promotion with WF too.

Admiral:

I take it the only reason they are releasing the GT and lammasu is because (presumably) other races can now take it?

There wouldn't be a whole lot of point otherwise, other than for nostalgia (for a race that still won't have an army book).

Grimstonefire
Of course (although a budding CD player market out there might have factored into it - WF sales are doing well). There'll probably be a quite sizeable bunch of new monsters available to players of most or all armies, for use in Storm of Magic. Although maybe a tad odd background-wise, including Chaos Dwarfen monsters in the fauna is only wise: The old master models are available and can as such easily be added to their monster range, thus reinforcing the impression of a large release wave, as well as patting old veterans (and younger players liking the miniatures) on their heads, and perhaps even testing the popularity waters for a future Chaos Dwarf army book.

Naagruz:

Encouraging news!:smiley:

Hopefully, they use remastered moulds.

The hasty transition from lead to pewter left a mass of “soft detail” models in it’s wake. Let’s hope GW doesn’t have similar issues if they move forward with recasting the Lammasu, Taurus, etc.

I highly doubt that we’d see any old basic troop models reappear in resin unless it’s something FW has no plans to produce.

Murdock129:

Even if the GT and Lammasu are made for any army to use hopefully they’ll include CD riders so we can still hopefilly use them