[Archive] Post your pets here!

Necrotique:

So I’ve been thinking lately what a Chaos Dwarf would have as a pet. I think we should all post pictures of our pets and see which zoological companions they’d keep :stuck_out_tongue:

This is one of my pets, and certainly the most photogenic (for a webcam anyway) Meet Charleston Xavier Bojangles. He was a kitten I rescued from a woman who neglected her two-dozen-odd cats. He’s also a purebred “teacup” persian. He’s almost fully grown so this gives you an idea of his size. When I found him he could barely open his eyes or breathe through his nose due to the infection and he had open wounds around his neck. A while later, and many shaves and rounds of antiseptic medicine, he’s now healthy and happy and a member of our household :slight_smile:

Him noticing someone at the door.

[attachment=2662]

This is how he asks for a tummy rub.

[attachment=2660]

This is him after a tummy rub.

[attachment=2661]

And this is him smiling after a tummy-rub (note: he has no snout which explains his constant “perplexed” expression) He loves to stick his tongue out when he’s being cheeky :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nitroglysarine:

Well I have a cat to.
She is called Sparkle (she was named by the kids - If I’d had my way she would have been called Chairman Mieow.)

My daughter and the kitty as a pillow

Kitty on an adventure.

Asleeeeeeepppppppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My kill!

Necrotique:

Awww, how old’s Sparkle? Is she a siamese cross by any chance? Her eyes look very slanted like a Siamese cat. I like Siamese cats :slight_smile:

:cheers

nitroglysarine:

I don’t think she is a cross no, but she is from a rescue center so it is entirely possible.

She is around 1yr old, but as she was a rescue we can’t be sure.

Necrotique:

Fair enough. Whatever breed she is she looks adorable, and it’s nice to hear about happy rescue stories.

starscream:

this is Colin

Necrotique:

I never noticed your post Starscream, so sorry for that :slight_smile:

How are turtles as pets, in general?

I have a reptile keepers’ licence and was looking to get one as my current home is under an agreement of no snakes, so my pythons had to go :frowning:

I can, however, keep turtles, so I was wondering what their temperament is like?

BTW, beautiful turtle there - I really love the stripes and his claws.

nitroglysarine:

Armoured pet! Now that is a worthy pet for a CD General!

cornixt:

nitroglysarine
It's a pillow, it's a pet, it's a pillow pet!

nitroglysarine:

Indeed, the best kind of pet.

starscream:

I never noticed your post Starscream, so sorry for that :)
How are turtles as pets, in general?
I have a reptile keepers' licence and was looking to get one as my current home is under an agreement of no snakes, so my pythons had to go :(
I can, however, keep turtles, so I was wondering what their temperament is like?
BTW, beautiful turtle there - I really love the stripes and his claws.

Necrotique
Hi, thanks

They are surprisingly good pets.

I can only speak for Colin but he is very tame, he swims over to take a look at things, eats from your hand and can recognise different people. He has been handled since being a hatchling so does not mind it at all - he seems to enjoy the attention.

They are cheap and easy to care for, turtle food being quite inexpensive and he will eat just about anything!

Colin is pretty much fully grown, a female would get bigger. he is a yellow bellied slider turtle, native to Florida and the like.

Necrotique:

I’ll probably get a turtle later this year - mainly because of the rental agreements but also because I’ve always loved them.

What’s yours like for handling? You’ve said he likes the attention, but how does he show it? :slight_smile:

He looks very beautiful though; he’s amazingly coloured.

starscream:

He’s fine with it, hes happy to be picked up and stroked under his chin.

He gets excited when you open his tank, he starts splashing about and trying to climb up to you. I guess he figures theres food in it for him.

Necrotique:

He sounds adorable :slight_smile:

Does he eat meat? I’ve heard that some types can but am not sure about it (at least for the smaller breeds)

Willmark:

Who knew that there were this many crazy cat ladies around! :wink:

cornixt:

sob I’m sorry, I was thinking about cats again

Admiral:

Well, here is a close face shot in poor resolution of my cat:

Willmark:

*sob* I'm sorry, I was thinking about cats again

cornixt
+1