[Archive] Primarch Counterparts

WoodenPickles:

Are there “counterpart” to the Primarchs for the other races.

Like do Orks have some badass someone from the past. or the eldar, any of the races really.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Heres Some i would say

Dwarfs - Grimnir

Dark Elves - Malakith

Empire - Sigmar

Chaos - ?

Elves - Anaerion

Orcs - Grimgor?

Undead (all) - Nagash

Astranagant:

Heres Some i would say

Dwarfs - Grimnir
Dark Elves - Malakith
Empire - Sigmar
Chaos - ?
Elves - Anaerion
Orcs - Grimgor?
Undead (all) - Nagash

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
The Tomb Kings despise Nagash... a more appropriate representative would be the great Lord Settra. But yes, for the other Undead, there is no greater individual than Nagash the Sorceror.

wallacer:

Primarchs are in 40k, yes?  So are you after fantasy equivalents of the Primarchs or just 40k equivalents from non-human races?

If the latter I would think Ghazkull MacThrakka (probably spelt wrong) for the Orks.

Hobgoblyn:

I wouldn’t call any of these the equivalent of Primarches though… Ghazskull didn’t “found” the Orks nor were they created from his geneseed…

If you just mean large heroes, then the Necrons have the C’tan which could floss their teeth with a primarch.

Swissdictator:

I have to agree 100% on Grimnir. Grimnir and his ilk are what I like about the Western Dwarfs. Really bad*** pissed off Dwarfs smashing skulls.

Sigmar is a perfect example, as is Nagash.

I can’t remember who the one High Elf was, but fighting during the Demon invasions… as much as I hate to give credit to a pointy ear.

Arkhan the Black could also qualify for the undead if I remember right.

WoodenPickles:

I meant 40k but the fantasy equivilents work to.

who is grimnir

Captain Crayon:

For fantasy orcs it would have to be 'The once and future git’

The mythical super killy orc of doom that Savage orc Shaman Wurzakka roams the world searching out.

snowblizz:

I can't remember who the one High Elf was, but fighting during the Demon invasions... as much as I hate to give credit to a pointy ear.

Swissdictator
Aenarion the Defender. Avatar of Asuryan, First Phoenix King, the only mortal to wield the Sword of Khaine and become the slayer of mortals and gods alike.

@ WoodenPickles
No, not in the way the Primarchs are the basis for Space Marines. Good and bad.

Now some other races do have legendary ancient super-heroes of Mighty Doom!!!

Eldar have the Phoenix Lords. Although the Eldar gods seem to have been "real" in some way and would trump the Phoenix Lords by a margin, ironically then you'd have to count the Chaos Gods themselves...

Necrons have the Star Gods aka C'Tan.

In the case of Chaos you have the Deamon Princes and Greater Deamons (of which the latter are supposed to be the weaker ones, yes really).

Technically humanity had the Emperor.
That's about it. There are powerful creatures in other races but nothing quite on the level of these supposedly.

so.sad:

Eldar have the Phoenix Lords. Although the Eldar gods seem to have been "real" in some way and would trump the Phoenix Lords by a margin, ironically then you'd have to count the Chaos Gods themselves...

Necrons have the Star Gods aka C'Tan.

In the case of Chaos you have the Deamon Princes and Greater Deamons (of which the latter are supposed to be the weaker ones, yes really).

Technically humanity had the Emperor.
That's about it. There are powerful creatures in other races but nothing quite on the level of these supposedly.

snowblizz
thats quite right but I think you have to differ if you are talking fluff wise or game (rule) wise.

From the fluff Primarchs are superhumans of incredible power and survivability. Within the entire human race only the Emperor himself (who created the primarchs) is more powerful and just a little bit.

The phoenix lords are weaker then the primarchs but unlike them they can't be killed. Well, they can but this will only make them more experienced as they always reincarnate.

Also considering the fluff the c'tan are the most powerfull beings in the 40K universe (despite the "gods"). However they suck in game.

The closest thing to primarchs are the tyranid dominatrix'. They are not "named" like the primarchs but they are to the tyranids what the primarchs are to the space marines in every aspect.