I present my converted (but unpainted) Earthshaker cannon, inspired by the great Xander’s design:
And also the plastic models from BfSP, arranged as they shall be used:
I have included one of the cannon crew as an ‘Arcane Engineer’, who will be used as a Sorcerer.
The Bolt Throwers have not yet been built, but the crew are assembled.
I am still short five Thunderers/Blunderbusses (and also need another two to replace the standard/musician models).
Miners have been used to bulk out the Warrior unit and to replace the missing cannon crew member.
ALL of these models will be converted to some extent.
Work on these models should begin shortly.
Watch this space.
[P.S I realised that five Night Goblins/Hobgoblins are missing from the picture. They are supposed to be a unit of 30 arranged 6 wide, 5 deep]
The Flying Beaver:
You’re on the right track there MalusCalibur. I’d suggest removing the chaos star from the wheels though. The gears underneath look much cooler and the stars make great bits for later!
You're on the right track there MalusCalibur. I'd suggest removing the chaos star from the wheels though. The gears underneath look much cooler and the stars make great bits for later!
The Flying Beaver
I did try and remove the stars but the join is too strong so I chose to leave them, I think they work alright. The crew are the Hellcannon crew, unchanged, and like Xander I will be attaching the chains to the wheels when I base the machine.
Bravo!! I think you are the first one to actually assemble the Earthshaker and get a pic for me to see! Very awesome.
This time I bring my test model for the CD Warriors. Sadly, though, this model has brought me no end of stress and bloodshed (a nasty knife cut), and I am still very unhappy with it. Judge for yourselves:
I think the mask sticks out from the head a little too much, but otherwise looks great!
For the armour, use less green stuff. For the beard, make the indents closer together. Also, a bib would be nice.
For the armour, use less green stuff. For the beard, make the indents closer together. Also, a bib would be nice. :)
I don't think the amounts of green stuff I was using was so much the problem, it was more that I don't have a 'proper' sculpting tool and thus making the indents and lines was very tricky (I was using all manner of odd items, including the end of a spoon handle :S). I had to totally redo the beard the first time because making the indents ruined the shape of it.
I did originally have a 'bib', but I didn't do it very well and it ended up looking awful, so I removed it.
I'll try and get a second model done within the next couple of days and try to improve with it.
Sounds good, but trust me, less is better.
nice earth shacker and warrier sorry about the cut