[Archive] Pure filth list

The Gib:

This is a list I wrote and ran a very similar list the other day against a High Elf player running a light council. It is pure filth and would really only take it against another filth list (which this player runs one of ogres). Please let me know what you think.

Sorcerer Prophet - Level 4, Charmed Shield, Earthing Rod, Tal of Pres., Hashut

Deamonsmith - Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Ptolos Shield, Death

3x Khan - Wolf, Spear, Light Armor

4x30 Hobgoblins - Musician, Standard Bearer, Bows, Shields

10 IG - Fireglaives, Full Command, Banner of Slavery (120 gobos immune to Psych)

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

Hellcannon

K’Daai Destroyer

Premise of the list is to make it deadly to stand far away and get into a firefight and equally as deadly to march forward. The game I played the other day one unit of gobos was charged by a frostheart and the other by a unit of White Lions. Gobos tore through the lions, BSB, and mage and we called the game with the Frostheart having two wounds left and the gobos going 20 strong. I tried to leave my IG between 6-12" away from the gobos to force animosity. I figure it can only help me. On a one I take a Panic check, which they auto pass due to the banner, and on a six I take D3 wounds and get to re-roll my wounding rolls. For 25 gobos shooting re-rolling to wound can be brutal. Especially if they are going to get charge the next turn.

Two unit of gobos cover a flank and two cover the front. The Hellcannon and the K’daai cover the other flank. The main strategy is pretty simple. Force enough saves and some will get through. Then let the cannons do the rest.

whitespyre:

This is a list I wrote and ran a very similar list the other day against a High Elf player running a light council.  It is pure filth and would really only take it against another filth list (which this player runs one of ogres). Please let me know what you think.

Sorcerer Prophet - Level 4, Charmed Shield, Earthing Rod, Tal of Pres., Hashut
Deamonsmith - Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Ptolos Shield, Death
3x Khan - Wolf, Spear, Light Armor
4x30 Hobgoblins - Musician, Standard Bearer, Bows, Shields
10 IG - Fireglaives, Full Command, Banner of Slavery (120 gobos immune to Psych)
Magma Cannon
Magma Cannon
Hellcannon
K'Daai Destroyer

Premise of the list is to make it deadly to stand far away and get into a firefight and equally as deadly to march forward.  The game I played the other day one unit of gobos was charged by a frostheart and the other by a unit of White Lions.  Gobos tore through the lions, BSB, and mage and we called the game with the Frostheart having two wounds left and the gobos going 20 strong.  I tried to leave my IG between 6-12" away from the gobos to force animosity.  I figure it can only help me.  On a one I take a Panic check, which they auto pass due to the banner, and on a six I take D3 wounds and get to re-roll my wounding rolls.  For 25 gobos shooting re-rolling to wound can be brutal.  Especially if they are going to get charge the next turn.  

Two unit of gobos cover a flank and two cover the front.  The Hellcannon and the K'daai cover the other flank.  The main strategy is pretty simple.  Force enough saves and some will get through.  Then let the cannons do the rest.

The Gib
Do you run them in horde or 5 wide?

JMR:

...and on a six I take D3 wounds and get to re-roll my wounding rolls.  For 25 gobos shooting re-rolling to wound can be brutal.  Especially if they are going to get charge the next turn.

The Gib
The "Bloody Murder!" result for animosity gives your hobgoblins +1 to To Hit rolls, not re-rolls for To Wound rolls.

The Gib:

I run them 10 wide until I get in combat and then either reform in combat to get more ranks, or reform just before they are charged. Yes sorry I meant +1 wound which is still very brutal for gobos. Unless I missed it they have not FAQed that to say it is only in combat, which surprises me.

Samanos:

I run them 10 wide until I get in combat and then either reform in combat to get more ranks, or reform just before they are charged. Yes sorry I meant +1 wound which is still very brutal for gobos. Unless I missed it they have not FAQed that to say it is only in combat, which surprises me.

The Gib
well as somebody already mentioned, its +1 to hit not +1 to wound (think you got confused again here)

The Gib:

Yes +1 to hit, I’ll get it right eventually. I actually forgot to do it in the last game I played, which only hurt me. Nonetheless, 20-25 archers getting +1 to hit is pretty brutal. In the last game he ran a frostheart and I threw a lot of shots at that because I wanted to kill it before combat. I found this was not a good idea as I can beat monsters in combat res or hold because of steadfast and being within 12" of the general. No BSB so if they break they are dead, and probably the whole army crumbles.

Samanos:

what worries is me is this. You have no place to put your lvl4. Your only bunker is a unit of 10 models worth roughly 200 points. And if they die, all your goblins lose immune to psychology (and if you have the lvl4 there and he dies as well, you might as well give up)

The Gib:

The level 4 will sit near the warmachines along with the deamonsmith. This way he gets a “Look out Sir” from them. I agree it is an all eggs in one basket approach. I have added a BSB for the rerolls on LD. The biggest issue will obviously be cannons. Not too worried about BS shooting add it will usually be -3 to hit the IG or the wizards. My plan for multiple cannons would be to rush the K’Daai forward to absorb the calls shots and, depending on how many cannons there are, either fire the hell cannon at them or rush it forward as well.