[Archive] Purpose of the Roleplay subsection

Willmark:

As of right now a place for the discussion of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay editions 1-3.

Please do us a favor when in this section by using notations as to which edition in the title of any threads: [1st], [2nd] or

CopperPot:

I’m going to make myself look stupid now what is warhammer roleplay I understand what roleplaying is, is this some kind of gaming format maybe an explanation as to what it is thanks

noobiest of noobs:)

Willmark:

Heh, no need to feel stupid questions are always good, unless they are stupid questions. :wink:

Warhammer fantasy roleplay started in 1986. For a while (up to 3rd edition) warhammer fantasy battle the systems were interchangeable. WFRP was awesome and I played a hell of a lot of it back in high school. One of the nice things bout the two Realms of chaos books from That timeframe is that one could use them for both systems.

WFRP also had different but roughly similar backgrounds in terms the nations. Brettonnia is the biggest example which was a rip off of disease filled three musketeers type France rather then a pseudo Arthurian rip off/mash up of England/France as it is presented now.

The modules for WFRP are regarded as some of the best modules for any RPG system. The power behind the throne series that is and the less heralded Doomstones series.

Small, but vicious dog anyone?

evilskull52:

it’s like D&D but warhammerified

Willmark:

it is D&D but warhammer

evilskull52
In the sense it's a role playing game? Sure. I rather like differences. And note folks when D&D is being mentioned its 1st and 2nd edition not this pathfinder, 3.0, 3.5 stuff.

evilskull52:

wait did you just make this forum topic?

Ovic:

I played first edition back when it first came out. Though, my next door neighbor owned the rulebook, not me. I was going into sixth grade. I remember loving how different it was from D&D, how many careers were available, ect. I also remember loving the artwork. He also had WHFB (2nd ed. I believe) rulebook, which was my first exposure to the game… though my parents assured me that we could not afford such things as tabletop wargame miniatures.

Willmark:

wait did you just make this forum topic?

evilskull52
Not sure what you are asking here.

Vardan Painkiller:

I definitely like new subsection.