[Archive] Question about Golden Hat entry

CheTralfara:

I am torn between 3 different war machines I have almost finished, as to which one I should enter into golden hat 8. I believe all of them are creative enough to be worthy of entering… This is what I have to choose between…

Choice #1 =
A Daem-adon (Daemon-posessed Stegadon with an extremely daemonic face) with a mounted battle cannon on top, plus an extremely spikey haddock with chaos dwarf crew and a swirling portal gateway to the chaos realm at the back (complete with daemons clawing out of it). Rules-wise this can only legally be used as a DOW Ogre mounted on Rhinox, but would also make a great rampaging hellcannon! The model is based from the new plastic stegadon kit, but is EXTREMELY HEAVILY converted and re-sculpted.

Choice #2 =
A fully-fleshed living daemon-cannon (started as an old black plastic photo film canister tube… so you can imagine the size), with a giant and extra-long fanged maw that spits out daemon fire/ichor/blasts whatever… Rules-wise I am building this to be my Hellcannon (as I don’t wanna have to pay 50 dollars online for the metal one… even though I should just to show GW there is a market for CDs).

Choice #3 =
A Death Rocket built from the 40k Chaos Defiler battle cannon (with the daemon-bound face-plate on it), spikey-maced wheels placed on the sides, other spikey and chaos-y bitz attached… a rocket sticking out of the cannon mouth, and it is a cute little beauty of a death rocket… I honestly think it looks just like as if it were the official GW 7th edition CD death rocket.

So the questions I have are…

A. Which would you guys like to see the most?

B. Do you have to include the crew?
(though I probably will no matter what…)

C. Can you enter multiple warmachines? (I know… a bit extreme… and painting would probably limit me from doing this… but I am really torn as which to pick)

Borka:

A. I think I’d rather see the C option. I haven’t seen som many of those and yours sounds like it could be cool. But on the other hand option A sounds like a lot of fun too.

B. In the GH8 rules thread it says that you have to include a minimum of two crew (they don’t have to be actual crew though but could be a hobgoblin slave just hanging onto a marauder wirlwind or whatever).

C. It was ruled out in the above mentioned thread that each member can only enter one machine.

I hope this helped you. :slight_smile:

cheers

Kera foehunter:

well i put the best one in!!

Willmark:

To the following points:

B) Yes it must include crew

c) Only one entry per person.

CheTralfara:

ok cool. but now i’d really just like to know which option you guys would like me to enter the most!

also, i forgot to ask, am I allowed to show pictures of the WIP of my entry before i enter it… that way you guys can decide from pics i have so far??

.nick

tjub:

Roll a dice if you cant decide…

theblackmage:

Well, I’d say number 1 for sheer awesomeness, but then again, teh fact you have 3 days means I’d probably say 3…

Willmark:

Che- your best bet is to just send them in to the gold hat account; tipping your hand tends to lessen the impact of your entry.

Swissdictator:

Che: I’d say 1 or 3. They all do have a certain coolness factor.

Practically? Whatever you can get done. IT’s not like you can’t post the other two for us to ooh and ahh at. :slight_smile: When in doubt… roll the dice… and do the opposite! :P  

Good luck.

Xander:

tipping your hand tends to lessen the impact of your entry.

Willmark
I agree.  An early reveal can cost you dearly reducing the impact (hits) and surprise of your entry.  You shouldn't give away so much!

Zanko:

No matter which mini you will take for GH 8, please show us the others!

They all sound very cool!

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, and he REALLY tipped a LOT! If i devoted myself to it, I COULD build his entries and do it better! However, I’m not like that.

Hazkar:

take the first and show us the others…NOW!!!

your descriptions catched my attention,in my mind some really cool pictures rise up…

Kera foehunter:

send me the pictures !!i will help you decide

Hashut’s Blessing:

The first one is the most unique for Chaos Dwarfs, but ultimately, enter your favourite. If you’re more about the winning than showing, then choose your best.

You MUST include a minimum of two crew, even if they;re modelled onto the machine.

Only ONE entry is allowed.

GRNDL:

You MUST include a minimum of two crew, even if they;re modelled onto the machine.

Hashut's Blessing
That just begs the question of "what counts as crew?" Is a "driver" a crewman? Is a bound daemon a driver or crewman? The mind boggles...

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Two dudes. Their actions are irrelevent! :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

The driver would definitely. If the daemon is bound, no.

CheTralfara:

Honestly though… you gotta admit, the daemon-possessed stegadon does seem like he could count as part of the crew, as he’s carrying the warmachine on his back :slight_smile:

I didn’t know telling your idea ahead of time could lessen the impact. oh well, i don’t think i have a risk of someone copying since there is so little time. Fortunately all of these projects are almost finished so that I could enter any one of them as long as I dedicate the rest of the time to only one of them.

I’ll probably go with the Daem-adon cannon as it seems to be the favorite, although I gotta admit the living hellcannon is really cool looking so far.

.nick

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’d say the Stegadon definitely doesn’t count as crew. It;s a draft beast, not utilised in the firing, activation, nor aiming/control of the item.