[Archive] Question : Blunderbuss - Armour Piercing?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Do they pierce armour considering that they can fry guys standing behind walls? Also, can the enemy make an armour save after being hit with BB fire?

It’s a point in my battles that are coming into contention with 1 person.

Something I could print would be great!

cornixt:

They are not armour piecing. It’s not in their rules. The may reduce armour saves if they are high enough strength, like any attack.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok, ThanX for the clarification. Some days I just can’t think straight.

Scion:

I think it would be fluffy if they negated light armour, but heavy armour wearers got a +1.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

It kinda sux that the Blunderbuss can potentially hit everyone in the 12" “Rectangle of Death”, can blast through light cover, but can’t armour pierce.

So the enemy just dusts themselves off when they win an armour save?

Thommy H:

Yeah. That’s how armour saves generally work. The blunderbuss’s unique method of firing is less to do with the power of the shot as it is the way it spreads out, filling the air with spinning metal.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I guess so Thommy…now I have to tell this kid and he’ll say “I told you so!”…and then I’ll feel dumb. hopefully he won’t rub my nose in it for the years to come as he did with a certain D&D adventure that I don’t wnat to get into! :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

As Thommy H said, it’s like a flamethrower would go around the wall, but not pierce it.

As for if this kid starts saying “I told you so!”, simply say “I admitted I was wrong, so don’t be childish. it was an honest mistake and rather than unknowingly cheating from now on, I’ve told you to make it fairer.” and if he rubs it in your face, tell him where he can shove it, lol…

Also, if their S4, they effectively are armour piercing (not -2 save, -1, but I ope you get the analogy).

SteveM:

It may not have armour piercing, but if you run at least 3 ranks of 4 you have S5 hits which gives -2 to armour saves the same as an S4 hit with amour piercing, but you also get the benefit of rolling lower to wound.  Add in the ability to move and shoot without any penalty for moving and you’ll mow down anything this kid is foolish enough to get within 12" without letting them even get the benefit of soft cover.

Thommy H:

Not to beat a dead horse, but everyone pointing out that you still get an armour save modifier with multiple ranks is rather missing the point of the armour piercing rule. Strength 4 hits inflicting a -1 save modifier is just how the game works - if they had armour piercing, it would be -2.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Luckily for me, I just bouth 16 more Dwarf Thunderers and Kera is going to send me 10 from BFSP as well.

I’d say 36 Blunderbusses are quite a formitable number! :smiley:

Even split into 2 units, that gives me a row of 6 guys and a colum of 3, or, as 1 unit, it could be 12 guys wide with 3 ranks! LOL! The board is mine!

And all this for only 462 points! (or 552 for 2 units)

Thommy H:

The bigger unit the better with blunderbusses.

AGPO:

If the kd bothers you about it dont play him - simples. It was an honest mistake and a decent opponent will let it go. To avoid these situations in future keep a copy of the relevant rules on you. If they don’t include something, it isn’t covered

cornixt:

Admitting to making a mistake shows honesty, and I’d rather play not play at all than with a dishonest player.

The Brain:

The rules are two pages long, three if you have the GT FAQ. It is not that hard to have them with you. As a good player you should have all of you gaming matierials with you when ever you play a game to avoid this kind of thing.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Brain - I have them, but there’s still some clarity problems.

Also, don’t forget that GW removed the RH PDF Chaos Dwarfs army list from their web site as well as US GT FAQ.

Luckily, I have saved the PDF and just recently, I rediscovered where I placed my paper printout of the Blunderbuss FAQ, Ravening Hordes special rules and the US GT that use to be in our Wiki, but is now gone as GW also came in and cleared us out too.

Now, can you tell us where to get the PDF and FAQ sheets if you’re just a noob coming to this web site for the first time? Please post links.

SteveM:

Please post links.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Go to a popular search engine and type in "chaos dwarfs filetype:pdf", all you ask for should be in the first few results.

The Brain:

Now, can you tell us where to get the PDF and FAQ sheets if you're just a noob coming to this web site for the first time?  Please post links.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Unfortunately now that GW has removed the pdf�?Ts from the web it is not a good idea to go around posting links to them. However noobs will have to do their own searching on line or get it from friends that have been around for a while. Though whenever I play my CD to help eliminate problems I carry two copies of the pdf�?Ts, one for me and one for an opponent that may not be familiar with the list. It is true that the FAQ does not solve all the problems but it is best thing we have for now that is from the company itself without relying on an outside opinion. It is like any army read the list and the rules carefully before you play and have a copy of the rules/FAQ with you (just good gamer policy), any gray areas try to work out with the opponent in a friendly manner. If all else fails role a D6.