[Archive] Questions on Iron Demon

gnarfinator:

Hi.

I´d like to know what the shooting with the ID clearly means.

In the book it is written:

"…and fire its weapons without penalty while doing so"

I don´t know what the intention of the writer was, but does it means we don´t suffer from hard cover, long range, skirmish, whatever.

Do we always use the actual BS from the crew (it could still be under influence of a cast)?

The other question is about the hellbound rule.

Does the crew of a warmachine with this gets get magical attacks?

Does the Iron demon benefits from this rule, because he isn´t a war machine.(unique unit)

I´m asking because I´m thinking to take him on the armylist for a tournament and I want to have it clearly.

Maybe the answers are obvious, but when I think twice, they aren´t.

Thx

Thommy H:

Cannons don’t suffer any of those penalties anyway and don’t use the crew’s BS to fire. It just means it can shoot as it normally would.

nilbog:

The iron daemon can be hellbound, making it T8 W8, which is pretty handy. Crew on the iron daemon don’t get magical attacks (it specifically says in the unit description in the army list) so it follows that war machine crew do, as it doesn’t specifically say they don’t. Possibly.

Not sure about the penalties for shooting. It is a BS shooting attack. I read it to mean that they don’t suffer the penalty for moving and shooting, but would suffer other penalties e.g. long range.

khedyarl:

Not really sure what Thommy means - The Daemon’s cannonade uses BS to fire, and it’s not a cannon.

The ruling states that it can move and fire without penalty, which would heavily imply that it references the -1 to hit when moving penalty. You could, I suppose, extrapolate that if it moves it gets to ignore cover and long range, but I imagine you’ll be in some long arguments with your friends. Heh.

Every other unit in the game that ignores specific, or all penalties to shoot are very clear in their writeup, so until it is FAQ’d otherwise, I’d suggest going with ignoring the -1 from range.

Thommy H:

IGNORE ME

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thommy H:

Having actually looked at the Iron Daemon rules again now, it’s clear from the context that the thing about being able to shoot “without penalty” refers only to the penalty for moving and firing.

zhatan87:

it's clear from the context that the thing about being able to shoot "without penalty" refers only to the penalty for moving and firing.
After wondering myself the same question, I reached to the same conclusion.

gnarfinator:

Hi @ all

Finally I think you´re all right. The context seems to show it that way and additionally this would only happen if you´re moving.

That would be too weird.

:hat off Thx for the great response

Gnarfi

Saxon:

I have a quick question, when you have the iron daemon in combat, the rule book states that in every close combat round after the first it can thunderstomp, now I guess this balances out the fact that it can’t do impact hits and thunderstomp in the same turn, but does this also mean that if the iron daemon gets charged it doesn’t do anything in the first round of combat?

Da Crusha:

I have a quick question, when you have the iron daemon in combat, the rule book states that in every close combat round after the first it can thunderstomp, now I guess this balances out the fact that it can't do impact hits and thunderstomp in  the same turn, but does this also mean that if the iron daemon gets charged it doesn't do anything in the first round of combat?

Saxon
..... seems like it, pretty lame. it could always just drive away though. but then get charged again and again.

Thommy H:

I don’t see anything that says it doesn’t get locked in combat like any other unit. And yes, it is vulnerable to being charged.

Da Crusha:

Hmm let me check… oh, my mistake, under Carriage Hauler, it says if a carriage is charged then the iron deamon could still drive away, but not if the iron deamon is engaged in combat.

JonJon:

I have a question, when you all built your engine did any of you say wooo wooo chugga chugga

Because I just finished and I did.is there a hat I should wear?

Hashut’s Blessing:

It is susceptible to being charged - especially with no stand and shoot!

JonJon; You’re a Chaos Dwarf, so a big one :stuck_out_tongue:

DAGabriel:

@ JonJon: I think everyone not doing this, like me making “wooosssssshhhhh” with my Hellblade or “kabooom” when finishing my Medusa, is missing something. But making you wear a big hat for it is ok!

JonJon:

Done! Proclamation,I Jon(edited) will now from this day forth will wear a ChooChoo Hat of EEEvil

whenever I play chaos dwarves