[Archive] Quick 'n' Dirty Chain Sculpting Tutorial

Admiral:

[align=center]

[/align]

AtomTaylor:

Good stuff, definitely something worth knowing.The difficulty is attempting to make every chain link look similar.

This is the best approach I’ve seen so far. Thanks for posting these. :wink:

Jackswift:

An ingenious approach!  Thanks for posting this.

Timothy Archer:

cool . just a question admiral , after you have done the chains or the pearl , how many time do you wait until you put it on the model . do you do it immediatly or do you wait some time ?

Admiral:

Thank you!

@Timothy Archer: Ah, sorry, I should’ve probably written that in the tutorial. All the tutorial sculpts are done on a flat base for clarity (no curvature cutting line of sight, or surrounding details to distract the eyes), but i never remove them to use on a model. They just stay on the base. The similar parts on models are done in the exact same way as in the tutorial, but fastened to the models themselves. :slight_smile:

Timothy Archer:

Thank you!

@Timothy Archer: Ah, sorry, I should've probably written that in the tutorial. All the tutorial sculpts are done on a flat base for clarity (no curvature cutting line of sight, or surrounding details to distract the eyes), but i never remove them to use on a model. They just stay on the base. The similar parts on models are done in the exact same way as in the tutorial, but fastened to the models themselves. :)

Admiral
ok thanks , that was a mistake i didn't know about . i always try to create things on a flat base and then to put them on the model , and they get all the time destroyed in the process . thanks

tjub:

Thanks, will have to try this! :slight_smile: