[Archive] Random Hashut origin theory

Dînadan:

Okay, this isn’t meant to be taken seriously, just something random that occurred to me just; just posting to share the lols.

Well, as we all know, there’s great debate over who/what Hashut actually is - is he merely a greater daemon/daemon prince of one of the big four, an aspect of one of them, a god in his own right, or one of many more options. Here’s another to add to the list (well not really because of how silly it is, but you know what I mean :P).

We can all agree that an iconic/defining part of the Dawi-Zharr is the ziggurat, and it’s probably not far fetched to guess that that is because it has some religious significance. Now pause and think - who else is the ziggurat iconic of in the Warhammer World? Answer: Lizardmen. Now considering how dedicated the Lizzies are to following the plans of the Old Ones, it’s not far fetched to guess they build ziggurats because of that plan/because the Old Ones told them too.

Now, we all know that the Old Ones fled the planet following the collapse of the Polar Gates (well those that survived that is). But wait. What if they didn’t all flee/die? What if one survived and fell to Chaos, being corrupted by it at its peak? Is it not possible he took on a new name and forsaking his reptilian worshipers turned his gaze on another race, one of sturdier, mammalian stock, teaching them dark secrets including the significance of the ziggurat?

At long last, the truth is revealed…Hashut is an Old One! Dun dun dun!

Hey, I said not to take this seriously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Grimstonefire:

That would have to have incredible foresight, as the Dwarfs were still building huts from dung when the Old Ones departed.

Dînadan:

Nothing saying he instantly went from Old One to Chaos God - I’m sure a few centuries of being trapped and brooding would be sufficient :wink:

And it’s nowhere near how incredible his brother’s foresight was in choosing Skaven as his pet race when he fell to Chaos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Skink:

Some time ago I posted a theory about Hashut being an Ancestor God! Just an evil one. I mean, if the Elves can have a “bad” and a “good” pantheon, so Dwarfs can too.

MadHatter:

I believe in the fallen luitenant of Khorne theory, that Hashut paid a price to wield magic, just like the Chaos Dwarfs do. The Lore of Fire would be related to Khorne like the Lore of Shadows is to Slaanesh or Metal is to Tzeentch, etc. although only undivided Chaos Sorcerers can tap into it. The Wind of Fire, we must consider, being the highest regular lore considering the Holy Bale Tauri are healed by such spells.

Not saying a luitenant of Khorne couldn’t be a fallen old one…?

Give us “Endtimes: Chaos Dwarfs”!!!

The_Penguin:

Interesting. Just last week I bought a lizardmen battalion and their army book.( I never collected or painted them before and decided to do that before the bubble away), and the very same idea occurred to me. Actually lizards and cd are the only two nations that build ziggurats and have a rather mysterious purpous for that.

I suppose Hashut can be the old one, but instead of creating a world of complete order and harmony he wants to create his own vision of order. Unlike other chaos gods who basically differ by just their method of destroying the world, Hashut is actually building his order, let cruel and slavery-centered. He creates a very logical and darwinistic (dawinistic :smiley: oh those clever jokes from me! :P) society, if you look closer.

At least that’s the way I see the whole cd civilization model.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :hat off

Admiral:

A peripheral one to add to the pile. Some far-out speculation is part of any such debate. This ziggurat/step pyramid and Old One theory makes me smile, because it links nicely to ridiculous pseudo-theories of linked ancient civilizations and aliens (which the WHFB Old Ones are based upon, the only good thing to come out of that nonsense). This Old One origin theory speculation could be worth a small text box in Liber Chaotica: Hashut, in the future, since this kind of multiple interpretations and speculations have been part of that genre for quite some time in Warhammer. And because scholars like to ponder and see similarities until their brains bleed. :wink:

Personally, I pretty much prefer Grimstonefire’s vision of Hashut as a fallen ancestor god of Dwarven greed, whilst at the same time linked to Khorne (if I remember correctly) and forging weapons of war for the greater Dark Gods.

Dînadan:

Personally, I pretty much prefer Grimstonefire's vision of Hashut as a fallen ancestor god of Dwarven greed, whilst at the same time linked to Khorne (if I remember correctly) and forging weapons of war for the greater Dark Gods.

Admiral
My personal fannon is that Hashut is the 'son' of Khorne and Tzeentch (similarly the Horned Rat is the 'son' of Tzeentch and Nurgle), whether literally (though not sure how that happens :o), or metaphorically (representing a coalescing on the boarders/overlap/etc of the respective gods' domain.