[Archive] Random Movement & Terror

Discoking:

Hi Dwarrows,

How does Random Movement & Terror work?

I’ve been playing it like this:

E.g. An Abomination randomly moves in to contact with my Hobgoblins.

# I don’t get to react (Flee! or Stand & Shoot)

# & I also don’t need to take a Terror Test, as no charge has been declared.

brotsorrow:

p. 57 of my Skaven army book says that if the aboms movement is sufficient to take it into an enemy unit then it counts as a charge and the target may make a charge reaction as normal

Thommy H:

Your interpretation is correct, Discoking. Terror tests being linked to charge reactions was a new rule for 8th Edition. The HPA has also been FAQd to have normal Random Movement, so no Terror test.

Discoking:

p. 57 of my Skaven army book says that if the aboms movement is sufficient to take it into an enemy unit then it counts as a charge and the target may make a charge reaction as normal

brotsorrow
This has been FAQ'd I think...

"Shambling Horror, Change the first paragraph to �?oThe Hell Pit Abomination has the Random Movement special rule..."
Your interpretation is correct, Discoking. Terror tests being linked to charge reactions was a new rule for 8th Edition. The HPA has also been FAQd to have normal Random Movement, so no Terror test.

Thommy H
Ah, thanks Thommy.
When I was charged randomly & then asked to take a Terror test...
Well you can imagine my face.

& then when I asked if I could flee or stand & shoot, & was told no.
Well, I had to look it up.

My opponent wasn't that happy, & confused as to why it had Terror anyway.
Old books cross wires.

Thanks again! :hat off

brotsorrow:

brotsorrow
This has been FAQ'd I think...

"Shambling Horror, Change the first paragraph to �?oThe Hell Pit Abomination has the Random Movement special rule..."

Discoking
Thanks, this is great to know

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s because it is terrifying, still causes fear tests in everything, including fear causers, can charge using a few spells and stuff.