Arlon:

RARE GW MODELS BOOK ANYTHING

The obvious

realm of chaos 1

realm of chaos 2

chaos dwarf juggernaut

what else…:~

Willmark:

You hit the nail on the head actually. The 2nd book the lost and the damned goes for insane prices on vultureBay…

Pyro Stick:

Hmmmmm

Dwarf Juggernaut/Battlewagon

Marauder Giant?

wallacer:

The old Chaos siege cannon?

Ah yes, RoC book 2. I got just under $200 for it when I sold mine. It actually paid for a sizeable chunk of my CD army.

Arlon:

updated list

roc 1

roc 2

cd jugga

chaos siege cannon

marauder giant

Lord Zarkov:

Marauder Giant’s not that rare; until very recently you could buy it from the online store

Pyro Stick:

From what ive heard you could also buy the juggernaut from the online store but now thats extremely rare.

wallacer:

Is Slaves to Darkness (RoC 1) actually that rare?

Pyro Stick:

wallacer
It cant be that rare. It wasnt that expensive a book but now they go for about �80. People probably think its rarer than it is so its value has gone up.

wallacer:

iirc, there were a lot more copies of Slaves to Darkness printed than there were of Lost and the Damned.

I’m not really sure why, but I think it was the case.

Willmark:

wallacer
No not really, it is on vultureBay quite often.

Ronshank:

easy! and the Fimir topic made me look it up.-

Unreleased baby Zoat with staff (also a single piece casting and much smaller than either the full production or limited edition Zoats. It is thought among Citadel collectors that less than 10 of these exist).

Thats whats on the wiki anyway

Pyro Stick:

I think all unreleased models are the rarest. Like the halfling pimp. lol.

angryboy2k:

wallacer
It cant be that rare. It wasnt that expensive a book but now they go for about �80. People probably think its rarer than it is so its value has gone up.

Pyro Stick
I think it might have something to do with "reflected-sound-as-of-underground-spirits"...

I'm afraid I'm confused as to what this topic is supposed to be about. Is the original poster asking for information on rare GW figures in general? If so, he should start by going to the Collecting Citadel Miniatures wiki at www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com .

There are dozens of rare figures. Some of them are more highly sought after than others. The second edition squats were cast up in numbers ranging from the low to high hundreds. They go for anything from $100 to $500 (each). The Adeptus Mechanicus vehicles are insanely rare and if they ever hit eBay I could see them going VERY high indeed.

On the other hand, there are rare figures that no-one wants or cares about. An unreleased Manga robot, with a total casting run of about 12 can go for less than $10.

Then there are things that aren't rare but whose prices have been jacked up beyond belief. Stuff like the Adeptus Mechanicus Squat, which in my measured opinion is a pile of characterless, flawed crap (look at the angle of his staff) gets overpriced regularly on eBay, and always seems to sell for stupid money. Except when I'm the seller, of course. And of course our precious bighats, which really aren't worth the money being paid for them either in terms of rarity, or to be perfectly honest (though I love 'em), in terms of their aesthetic qualities. I personally found I couldn't paint them.

One of the nicest unreleased miniatures I've ever seen (though unfortunately I've never owned it) is the Arabian Wizard by Juan Diaz. I think it's been on eBay ONCE, and it went for pretty crazy money. http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Arabian_Wizard.jpg

Steve

wallacer:

I guess rarity is a fairly hard thing to gauge.

I think the OP was mostly just making conversation rather than trying to compile a definitive list or anything like that.

Sorgenkammer:

I know i am supposed to put this in the market place but if any one of you is looking for a RoC 1 book its on eBay buy it now for $9.00

item no:110204394306

not sure if thats what you guys are talking about but anyway…

Pyro Stick:

I know i am supposed to put this in the market place but if any one of you is looking for a RoC 1 book its on eBay buy it now for $9.00

item no:110204394306

not sure if thats what you guys are talking about but anyway..

Sorgenkammer
Thats not what we are talking about. Thats a completely different book. This is what we are talking about

Sorgenkammer:

Ok thanks for letting me know