[Archive] Re-useable moulding material

Grimstonefire:

I saw a link for this on Dakka, looks quite good for press moulding.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/tools-and-misc/instant-mold.html

I think this would be great for casting a converted chaos dwarf and beard torso and saving a huge amount of time and effort.  It doesn’t work with resin.

With some trial and error you could probably figure out the greenstuff required to press mould an entire model…

nitroglysarine:

I saw a link for this on Dakka, looks quite good for press moulding.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/tools-and-misc/instant-mold.html

I think this would be great for casting a converted chaos dwarf and beard torso and saving a huge amount of time and effort.  It doesn't work with resin.

With some trial and error you could probably figure out the greenstuff required to press mould an entire model...

Grimstonefire
Its the same/similar stuff as Polymorph I think.
Tried it, but it sticks like A B*TCH to plastic when warm, so use lots of releasing agent

snowblizz:

Tried it, but it sticks like A B*TCH to plastic when warm, so use lots of releasing agent

nitroglysarine
I saw that on TWF today, and I don't think you're supposed to try and remove it while warm...

Grimstonefire:

From the video it looked like the guy press moulded a plastic sword.

Da Crusha:

WOW, that is some cool stuff! I know what Im going to put an order in for.

nitroglysarine:

nitroglysarine
I saw that on TWF today, and I don't think you're supposed to try and remove it while warm...

snowblizz
Sorry typo, meant to say when if sets. It sticks to it even when it dries off, think silicone only with a bit of flubbers irritation added it. I spent a few hours with a pin picking the bits out out the bit i'd tried to cast. Not fun.

Da Crusha:

I think this stuff is different, He said nothing sticks to it, not even super glue. and then went so far as to suggest super glue as a casting agent. I wonder if that would actually work, I wouldn’t want to try it but its an interesting thought.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Carefully the master part from the Instant Mould.
That's not proper English, is it? Must be made in China. :D