[Archive] Recasts? **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**(1)

TrudiFurioso:

Hi Fellow BullWorshippers

Here to ask your aid once again. Does those looks like recast to you?

I cannot tell myself, but those excesses on some models tags does look suspicious to me.

Thanks and Hashut may bless you All!

Fuggit Khan:

Those are definitely recasts.

:frowning:

TrudiFurioso:

:(

Fuggit Khan
Hey Fuggit! Thank you for the aid!

Just to be more aware, from what you can tell that those are recasts?

Fuggit Khan:

:(

Fuggit Khan
Hey Fuggit! Thank you for the aid!

Just to be more aware, from what you can tell that those are recasts?

TrudiFurioso
The altered tags along the bottom are the biggest giveaway, clearly new ducts for pouring (or injecting) the base metal were added. Also the flat "blade" surface of some of the hand weapons show obvious pock marks from degraded cheap molds. And some of the original mold lines that would be visible on an original miniature are missing, which is evidence that the mold lines were cleaned up from the original, before a new mold was made of the model.
But hey, Hobgoblins are supposed to be sneaky, so that's what happens ;)

Sjoerdo:

Also the flat "blade" surface of some of the hand weapons show obvious pock marks from degraded cheap molds

Fuggit Khan
Agree with everything else, except the pock marks most likely come from using too much talcum powder, which is used as a a flow agent (I've done quite some gravity casting myself so I know when this occurs).

Horace:

I think the detail looks a little soft on them as well. There are quite a lot of hobgoblins on ebay which are blatant recasts. Mainly from Spain in my experience…