[Archive] Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of Azgorh

Red:

Hey all, glad to finally join, been lurking for a little bit now.

I started getting hyped about chaos dwarves/azgorh a bit back in fall, but I couldn’t really start collecting / making anything as they’re not the most easily accessible army, and my time is fairly limited by university. I like to 3d model in blender as a hobby, and come winter break, the last two weeks I’ve been pumping out some stuff I thought might be cool to share.

Stuff That’s Done (For the Most Part)
I started by modelling an infernal guard based on images.

Added a fireglaive gun, made two poses with it, and made a variety of interchangeable heads.

Drummer

I made a magma cannon model, I might come back later and add some flames at the end, but it’s not a priority.

A model that branches off more from the forgeworld line, I made a bighat daemonsmith that I honestly enjoyed making enough that I might make bighat heads for the infernal guard models in the future.

Here’s the lot I’ve printed on my anycubic photon so far, 3 cannons, daemonsmith, and 20 some guard. Apologies for the poor quality photo.

Stuff In the works

Hobgoblin, I’m still messing with proportions, but I’ve actually put a skeleton on him so that I can actively pose the body/face, depending on what I need the model to be doing.

Skull Cracker

I need to make crew for the war machines, and I figure I’ll also be looking to model stand ins for ironsworn, a standard bearer, deathmask, k’daai, and bull centaurs in the future.

Thanks for having a look, I’m down for any comments or criticisms. I’ve learned a lot making these, and I hope to put a bit more of a personal spin on the army as I continue modelling in the future.

Imgur for the full-sized images: https://imgur.com/a/SodCqQg?

I should note I have no intention of giving out files right now. Maybe In the future I’ll look at the stuff that’s a bit more unique like the daemonsmith, but right now it’s all for my own use.

1 Like

Uther the unhinged:

Woah they look well, professional. Love the big hat daemonsmith, have fun with big hat troopers. Can�?Tt wait to see some paint on them.

Admiral:

Wow, impressive! I especially look forward to see you put more of your own distinct mark upon future designs. :slight_smile:

If this would be of any help to spark ideas for detail designs, then here are some compilations that might be of interest for inspiration (especially the homebrew stuff is wildly varied in style):

Compilation of Homebrew Chaos Dwarf Artwork
Chaos Dwarf Runes
Illustrations of Ancient Mesopotamia (historical basis for CD design?)
Illustrations of Scythians (Hobgobs?)

Just in case of interest. We have a budding list of free 3D-printing files for Chaos Dwarfs for whenever you wish to put up your more unique designs. Fame and glory will be yours! :wink:

Anyway, keep up the good work!

tjub:

Oh, impressive to say the least! Prefer your big hat design there, but everything looks really good. Do you have any pic of them painted up?

Red:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I’ve made a quick collection of images of individual models/closeups

htttp://imgur.com/a/1ajTCps,

Hope it’s a bit better for you, even if the photos are not the best, the best camera I have is on my tablet, and it’s really awkward. I’m not dead set on the paint scheme, I usually try to mix it up a bit, but the models lend themselves to the red/gold or dark colors I feel.

This forum has certainly done a lot to spark ideas, I was quick referencing the runes page when I put runes on the shoulder plates and the daemonsmith’s hat. The threads you linked, as well as many others, and really just the website in general is a trove of inspiration for modelling.

Red:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I’ve made a quick collection of images of individual models/closeups

http://imgur.com/a/1ajTCps,

Hope it’s a bit better for you, even if the photos are not the best, the best camera I have is on my tablet, and it’s really awkward. I’m not dead set on the paint scheme, I usually try to mix it up a bit, but the models lend themselves to the red/gold or dark colors I feel.

Wow, impressive! I especially look forward to see you put more of your own distinct mark upon future designs. :slight_smile:

If this would be of any help to spark ideas for detail designs, then here are some compilations that might be of interest for inspiration (especially the homebrew stuff is wildly varied in style):

Compilation of Homebrew Chaos Dwarf Artwork
Chaos Dwarf Runes
Illustrations of Ancient Mesopotamia (historical basis for CD design?)
Illustrations of Scythians (Hobgobs?)

Just in case of interest. We have a budding list of free 3D-printing files for Chaos Dwarfs for whenever you wish to put up your more unique designs. Fame and glory will be yours! :wink:

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Admiral
This forum has certainly done a lot to spark ideas, I was quick referencing the runes page when I put runes on the shoulder plates and the daemonsmith’s hat. The threads you linked, as well as many others, and really just the website in general is a trove of inspiration and resources for modelling.

Sjoerdo:

Wow that really looks impressive! I guess there is some truth to the suggested future business model for GW beeing to sell 3d designs and have people print them themselves :o

Would love to see you do some original work less influenced by current GW designs!

keep it up :cheers

ps. change the feet on the hobgob :idea

cornixt:

I don’t think that I would have noticed that those painted ones weren’t GW models if you hadn’t stated it. You’ve done a great job at imitating the style. I look forward to seeing more of your own designs and custom models. Have you done any for other armies or games?

Red:

I don't think that I would have noticed that those painted ones weren't GW models if you hadn't stated it. You've done a great job at imitating the style. I look forward to seeing more of your own designs and custom models. Have you done any for other armies or games?

cornixt
Mostly 40k stuff, since you asked, here's a random assortment of images I had on standby

https://imgur.com/a/OxrlecD

There's quite a bit more than that, most models I've made a few extra poses and variations for. It's roughly in order from earlier to most recent, and spans back ~5 months as I wasn't modelling much before I got my printer in july.

Sadin2912:

Very nice models!

Cant wait to see your other creations :slight_smile:

Antenor:

Love the Daemonsmith! I think that using similarly big-hatted heads for the Infernal Guards is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing them :hat off

Abecedar:

Looks great. Very clever