[Archive] Revised CD Armylist

Grimstonefire:

Here is a revised version I’ve been working on.

The original version is here, where you can read all the magic items, warmachine rules and upgrades.��Also the profiles, rules and options for the mounts and warmachines.��Aside from a little reworking on the Palanquin these are all complete.��

I’ve basically reworked the list to try and sort out the specific parts that have bugged me for so long.

So starting from the top:

Overlord:��This guy is what you’d expect from a CD lord.��His mechanical mount can be awesome, but it all comes at a price (out of his points allowance).��So it’s a bit more balanced.

High Priest of Hashut:��One of my favourite additions.��I’m still considering making this guy permanently mounted (no option)?��Anyway, he’s already going to be quite a different lord character to the others.��For a long time I had both the Palanquin and Lammasu mounts for the Sorcerer Lord, but the problem here was showing the difference between a defensive and offensive role for him.��By moving the palanquin over to the High Priest the problem is solved.��I need to look again at the rules for the Palanquin and Prayers I did to see if they are suitably 'ard.

High Sorcerer:��He’s got the Lammasu mount option, so this shows the split.��The High Sorcerer is primarily offensive, whilst the High Priest is defensive/ supporting.��Note the effect on armour save and movement of Stony Skin.

Despot:��Hero etc, nothing unusual.

Arcane Engineer:��This guy can be VERY useful.��He can support all of the warmachines, the Rocketeers and the Battleragers as well.��So helpful all round.��He can also have a mechanical mount, but no upgrades.

Sorcerer:��Nothing particularly unusual.

Priest of Hashut:[/b]��Although he doesn’t have access to all the Prayers, he is still a useful character.��Half way between a Despot and a Sorcerer, he can hold his own but is not that good a fighter.

Chaos Dwarf Warriors:[/b]��Nothing unusual here, except the Destroyer upgrade option.��This is here primarily because the core choices are a little boring without it, so I didn’t need to create a third CD core.��It also helps to show that the CD are quite an elite race.��They are few in number, so are likely to be better trained as a result.

Blunderbussers:[/b]��Nothing particularly different here, the Destroyer upgrade being an interesting addition.

Hobgoblin Boyz:[/b]��I’ve made 2 important changes here.��Firstly all hobgoblins have poisoned attacks!��This makes all the weapon options viable IMO.��Second I’ve removed the restriction on them not counting as core units.��They are nowhere near as strong or reliable as the Chaos Dwarf core.

Sneaky Gits:[/b]��Poisoned attacks of course, and an additional hand weapon.��Skirmishing because its seems more sneaky!��The Fire Bombaz upgrade is interesting as well.��This allows your hobgoblin units to actually cause some damage, but with a high chance of causing mayhem in the Hobgoblin units themselves.��Having the option to do it on sneaky gits or regular hobgobbos makes interesting tactics.

What. no wolf riders?

With the flying rare unit, and the berserkers I didn’t see the need for these any more.

Brotherhood of Hashut:[/b]��The warrior monks of Hashut, these guys aren’t great compared to the Immortals, but they are a bit cheaper and have a magic resistance.

Immortals:[/b]��3+ armour save!?!?��Immune to Psychology!��What more do I need to say.

Berserkers:[/b]��A unit that turns up a little like Dwarf Miners, but with a greater chance of something going wrong.��When they do arrive though they will do a whole world of pain.��So the randomness of their arrival, the limitations on their numbers, and the fact they’ve got no armour should balance out their awesomeness.

Battleragers:[/b]��Plenty of options for upgrades here, but only one per unit.��They would make for a seriously wacky unit, if a little expensive.

Rocketeers:[/b]��Again, some fun and games on the rockets options.��These guys could be cool, but a bit dangerous on the misfires.��The 2-for-1 special choice on them is useful.

Soul Reaper:[/b]��The name just stuck, despite loads of suggestions.��Anyway, this is a nice warmachine.��Somewhere between a cannon and a banshee with a potentially deadly misfire table.

Flying unit:[/b]��Can’t think of a decent name yet, Ashtauroi or Hellions being the only ones I liked.��This is a radical step for a CD list I think.��These guys are instead of Bull Centaurs.��Why drop Bull Centaurs for a flying unit you may ask?

To me Chaos Dwarfs are all about infantry and machines.��Cavalry units don’t HAVE to be part of our list, and they go against the main themes of what should be in a list that’s based on infantry.��So my problem was with them being cavalry in the traditional sense, rather than having a fast unit in the list.�� Does this mean we shouldn’t have a list that can be used offensively?��Certainly not.��

So that’s where these guys come in; a flying ‘infantry’ unit, effectively cavalry in another form for their use on the battlefield.��Upper body is CD with some horns, lower body is that of a bull (2 legs).��The wings on the back would be flesh, not feathers.��So the bull theme is most defiantly still here.��Heavy armour, additional weapons option and the fact that they cause Fear, these guys are not to be messed with and compete quite nicely with the other rare choices.

Added to that, there is an interesting list that could be done with a Sorcerer Lord on Lammasu and a couple of units of these guys in as special.��It would be a small army, but one of the magic items allows the other characters to fly (Wings of Razeph - 35pts), so they need not fight alone.

Earthshaker:[/b]��Nothing particularly different here, but a wide selection of upgrades.

Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon
��Not to be confused with the SoC Hellcannon, I’ve done a few small changes to the profile. Its also got a wide selection of upgrades.

SUMMARY

LORD

Chaos Dwarf Overlord (Mechanical Mount option, choice of upgrades)

High Sorcerer (Lammasu or Steam Legs mount options)

High Priest (Palanquin mount option, choice of blessings)

HERO

Despot

Arcane Engineer (Mechanical Mount option)

Sorcerer

Priest (choice of blessings)

CORE

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (Destroyer upgrade)

Blunderbussers (Destroyer upgrade)

Hobgoblins (Fire Bombaz upgrade, poisoned attacks)

Sneaky Gits (Fire Bombaz upgrade, poisoned attacks)

SPECIAL

Brotherhood of Hashut (warrior monks, Stubborn)

Irrmortals (3+ armour, Immune to Psychology)

Berserkers (Appear like miners, Frenzy, Immune to Psychology, Daemonic Aura and Attacks)

Rocketeers (weapon teams in a unit, choice of rockets)

Battleragers (40mm based unit, choice of upgrades)

Soul Reaper (daemonic cannon, choice of upgrades)

RARE

(name) (flying unit, causes fear)

Earthshaker (choice of upgrades)

Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon (choice of upgrades)

Overall I really like this list.��All the special units are inspirational and ooze character, the rare options are also quite cool.��The Lord and Hero are very interesting, and the mount options as well.��

The industrial theme comes through a LOT, which is important.��You also get that chaotic theme as well, with animosity on the hobgoblins and a lot of deadly misfire results.��The holy warriors/ Hashut theme comes through quite strongly, with the sorcerer, priests, Brotherhood and flying unit. I’ve done some small bits for eastern/ Babylonian theme with the Lammasu and warrior monks (Brotherhood), but its the one I’m still missing much for rules wise. I guess this would be more for the appearance of the models. For me that’s all the bases covered; industrial, chaotic, Hashut and eastern.

Most importantly (for me) there are plenty of options for themed lists; machine heavy (battle ragers/ characters on mechanical mounts, hellcannon), crusader (priests and Brotherhood), Angels of Vengeance (Sorcerer on Lammasu/ flying units as special), Berserker heavy, Immortal heavy, the list goes on and on!!!

Grimstonefire:

LORD

CHAOS DWARF OVERLORD…120 Points

����������������������M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Chaos Dwarf Overlord���� 3��7��4 4 5 3 4 4 10

Equipment: Hand weapon & heavy armour.

Options:

- May take a Great Weapon (+6 pts), or an additional hand weapon (+6 pts).

- May take a Blunderbuss (+15 pts).

- May wear Stone armour (+12 pts), or carry a shield (+3 pts).

- May choose to ride a Mechanical Mount (+85 pts).

- May choose magic items from the Common or Chaos Dwarf or Automaton Upgrades lists, with a maximum total value of 100 pts.

HIGH PRIEST OF HASHUT…120 points
���������������� M WS BS S T W I A Ld
High Priest����3��6��3 4 5 3 3 3 10

Weapons: Hand weapon & heavy armour.

Options:

- May take a Great Weapon (+6 pts), or a flail (+3 pts).

- May choose to ride a Palanquin (+100 pts).

- May choose magic items from the common or Chaos Dwarf magic items list, with a maximum total value of 100 pts.

Special rule: Prayers to Hashut, Hashut’s Chosen

HIGH SORCERER…190 points
High Sorcerer����*��4��3 4 5 3 1 1 10

Weapons: Hand weapon.

Options:

- May take a Great Weapon (+6 pts).

- May choose to ride a Lammasu (+130 pts), or use a pair of Steam Legs (+30 pts).

- The High Sorcerer is a level 3 wizard. This may be increased to level 4 at a cost of +35 pts.

- May choose magic items from the common or Chaos Dwarf magic items list, with a maximum total value of 100 pts.

Special rule: * (see Stony Skin)

HERO

DESPOT…65 points
������������M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Despot������3��6��4 4 5 2 3 3��9

Options:

- May take a Great Weapon (+4 pts), or an additional hand weapon (+4 pts).

- May take a Blunderbuss (+10 pts).

- May wear Stone armour (+8 pts), or carry a shield (+2 pts).

- May choose magic items from the Common or Chaos Dwarf magic items list, with a maximum total value of 50 pts.

ARCANE ENGINEER…70 points
Arcane Engineer������3��4��5 4 4 2 2 2��9

Options:

- May choose either a pistol (+5 pts) or a brace of pistols (two pistols, +10 pts)

- May also choose a Great Weapon (+4 pts), and/or a Blunderbuss (+10 pts).

- May choose to ride a Mechanical Mount (+85 pts)

- May be upgraded to Daemonsmith (+35 pts).��The Daemonsmith is a level 1 wizard, but cannot wear heavy armour.

- May choose magic items from the common or Chaos Dwarf magic items list, with a maximum total value of 50 pts.

Special rule: Forge Master

SORCERER…65 Points
�������������� M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Sorcerer������ *��4��3 4 4 2 2 1��9

Weapons: Hand weapon.

Options:

- May take a Great Weapon (+4 pts).

- May choose to use a pair of Steam Legs (+30 pts).

- The Sorcerer is a level 1 wizard. This may be increased to level 2 at a cost of +35 pts.

- May choose magic items from the common or Chaos Dwarf magic items list, with a maximum total value of 50 pts.

Special rule: * (see Stony Skin)

PRIEST OF HASHUT…75 Points
��������������M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Priest������ 3��5��3 4 5 2 3 2��9

Weapons: Hand weapon & heavy armour.

Options:

- May take a Great Weapon (+4 pts), or a flail (+2 pts).

Special rule: Prayers to Hashut, Hashut’s Chosen

CORE

CHAOS DWARF WARRIORS…Points/ model: 8
���������� M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Warrior����3��4��3 3 4 1 2 1��9
Commander��3��4��3 3 4 1 2 2��9

Unitsize: 10+

- May take a great weapon (+2 pts per model).

- May be equipped with shields (+1pt per model)

- One warrior may be promoted to Standard Bearer for +10 pts

- One warrior may be promoted to Commander for +10 pts

- One warrior may be promoted to Musician for +5 pts

BLUNDERBUSSERS…Points/model: 11
������������������M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Blunderbusser����3��4��3 3 4 1 2 1��9
Commander�������� 3��4��3 3 4 1 2 2��9

Weapons and Armour:��Blunderbuss, hand weapon & heavy armour.

Options:

- Upgrade one Blunderbusser to Musician for +5 pts.

- Upgrade one Blunderbusser to Standard Bearer for +10 pts.

- Promote one Blunderbusser to Commander for +10 pts.

DESTROYERS

- Units of Warriors or Blunderbussers can be upgraded to Destroyers for +2 points/ model.��Destroyers have +1 Weapon Skill and +1 Strength.

- You cannot have more units of Destroyers than Chaos Dwarf Warriors and Blunderbussers combined.

- One unit of Destroyers may be equipped with a magic banner worth up to 50 pts.

HOBGOBLIN BOYZ…Points/model:��5
��������������������M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Hobgoblin���������� 4��3��3 3 3 1 2 1��6
Hobgoblin Khagan����4��3��3 3 3 1 2 2��6

Equipment: Hand weapon

- May have a spear (+1pt per model)

- May have light armour (+1pt per model), shield (+1pt per model) and/or bow (+3pts per model).

- Upgrade one Hobgoblin to Musician for +5 pts

- Upgrade one Hobgoblin to Standard Bearer for +10 pts

- Promote one Hobgoblin to Khagan for +10 pts

Special rules: Animosity, Expendable, Poisoned Attacks

SNEAKY GITS…Points/model:��6
����������������M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Sneaky Git������4��3��3 3 3 1 2 1��6
Sneaky Khagan�� 4��3��3 3 3 1 2 2��6

Equipment: Additional hand weapon

- May have light armour (+1pt per model)

- Upgrade one Sneaky Git to Musician for +5 pts

- Upgrade one Sneaky Git to Standard Bearer for +10 pts

- Promote one Sneaky Git to Sneaky Khagan for +10 pts

Special Rules: Animosity, Expendable, Poisoned attacks, Skirmishers

FIRE BOMBAZ

- Units of Hobgoblin Boyz or Sneaky Gits can be upgraded to Fire Bombaz for +2 points/ model.��The unit are equipped with Fire Bombz and cannot choose any other equipment, they can however be given armour and/or shields as usual.

- Fire Bombz are a Flaming Strength 4 thrown weapon, with a range of 10".��Rolls of 1 to wound an enemy are distributed as automatic wounds throughout the Hobgoblin unit instead, as they foolishly miss-time the fuses!

- Fire Bombaz no longer have poisoned attacks.

- You cannot have more units of Fire Bombaz than Hobgoblin Boyz and Sneaky Gits combined.

SPECIAL

BROTHERHOOD OF HASHUT…Points/model: 13
Brother����3��5��3 4 4 1 2 1��9
Prophet����3��5��3 4 4 1 2 2��9
Unit Size: 10+

Weapons and Armour: Halberd, hand weapon & heavy armour

Options:

- Any unit may additionally have shields for +1 pt/ model

- Upgrade one Brother to Musician for +6 pts.

- Upgrade one Brother to Standard Bearer for +12 pts.

- Promote one Brother to Prophet of Hashut for +12 pts.

- Any Brotherhood of Hashut unit may be given a magical banner worth up to 50 pts.

��

Special Rules: Hashut’s Chosen, Stubborn.

IMMORTALS…Points/model: 16
Immortal�� 3��5��3 4 4 1 2 1��9
Eternal����3��5��3 4 4 1 2 2��9

��

Weapons and Armour: Great weapon, hand weapon & Stone Armour

Options:

- Upgrade one Immortal to Musician for +6 pts.

- Upgrade one Immortal to Standard Bearer for +12 pts.

- Promote one Immortal to Eternal for +12 pts.

- Any unit of Immortals may be given a magical banner worth up to 50 pts

Special Rule: Immune to Psychology

BERSERKERS…Points/ Model: 15

NOTE:��You may take 1 unit of Berserkers per Sorcerer or High Sorcerer in the army.
������������ M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Berserker����3��4��3 4 4 1 2 2 10
Dark Chanter 3��4��3 4 4 1 2 3 10
Unit Size: 10-25

Weapons and Armour: Hands, claws and the occasional mutated limbs.

Options:

- One Berserker may be upgraded to a Dark Chanter for +20 points. The Dark Chanter counts as both a Champion and a Musician.

Special Rules: Summoned, Frenzy, Immune to Psychology, Daemonic Aura and Daemonic Attacks

BATTLERAGERS…Points/model: 65
�������������� M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Battlerager����4��4��2 5 5 3 0 2��9
Unit Size: 3+

Weapons and Armour: Two metal fists.

Options:

- Any unit of Battleragers may purchase a single upgrade from the Automaton Upgrade list.

Special rules: Daemonic Attacks, Daemonic Aura, Immune to Psychology

ROCKETEERS… Points/ Team: 20

NOTE:��1-2 units count as 1 Special Choice.
Rocket team������3��4��3 3 4 2 2 2��9
Unit Size: 1 - 5 Rocket Teams. A Rocket Team consists of 2 Rocketeers.

Weapons and Armour: Heavy Armour and hand weapons.

Equipment: 1 Rocket Launcher per Rocket Team.

Options:

- Additional Rocket Teams can be added for +20 points per team

- Any unit may replace Death Rockets with Hellfire Rockets for +15 points/ team.

- Any unit may replace Death Rockets with Daemonic Rockets for +15 points/ team.

SOUL REAPER…Points: 90
������������ M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Reaper�� -��-��- - 7 3 - -��-
Crew�������� 3��4��3 3 4 1 2 1��9
Number of Crew: 3

Crew’s Weapons and Armour: Hand weapon, heavy armour

Options:��Upgrades may be chosen from the Warmachine Upgrades list, with a maximum total value of 60 points.

RARE

(NAME)…Points/model: 18

NOTE:��If your General is a High Sorcerer on Lammasu, (name) becomes a Special choice.
(name)������������ 3��5��3 4 4 1 2 1��9
Hand of Hashut����3��5��3 4 4 1 2 2��9
Unit Size: 5+

Weapons & Armour: Hand weapon & heavy armour.

Options:

- May take an additional hand weapon (+2 pts per model)

- Upgrade one (name) up to a Musician for +9 points.

- Upgrade one (name) up to an Icon bearer for +18 points.

- Promote one (name) to Hand of Hashut for +18 points.

- A unit of (name) may carry a banner worth up to 50 points.

Special Rules: Hashut’s Chosen, Flying Unit, Fear

EARTHSHAKER… Points/ model: 110
Earthshaker������-��-��- - 7 5 - -��-
Crew������������ 3��4��3 3 4 1 2 1��9
[/code]Unit Size: 1 Earthshaker and 3 Crew Weapons and Armour: The Earthshaker has a 4+ Armour Save. The crew have hand weapons & heavy armour. Options:��Upgrades may be chosen from the Warmachine Upgrades list, with a maximum total value of 60 points.Special Rules:Large Target, Loss of Crew, Firing the EarthshakerCHAOS DWARF HELLCANNON… Points/ model: 250
			M WS BS S��T W��I��A Ld
Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon������ -����4����4�� 6��7��5��1��4��9
Crew ��������������������������3�� 4����3�� 3��4��1��2��1��9
Unit Size: 1 Hellcannon and 3 Crew

Weapons and Armour: The Hellcannon has a 4+ Armour Save. The crew have hand weapons & heavy armour.

Options:��Upgrades may be chosen from the Warmachine Upgrades list, with a maximum total value of 60 points.

Special Rules:Large Target, Daemonic Aura & Daemonic Attacks, Terror, Unbreakable, Mixed Unit, Spew Ichor, Loss of Crew, Rampage.

Grimstonefire:

ARMY SPECIAL RULES:

Iron Will: Chaos Dwarf units march with a grim discipline. This means infantry sized Chaos Dwarf units may march move even if there are enemy within 8" (note: this rule does not apply to Expendable units).

Unyielding: As harsh and unyielding as the environment they control, infantry sized Chaos Dwarf units flee and pursue 2D6"-1 instead of the normal 2D6" (note: this rule does not apply to Expendable units).

Specific Entry Special Rules:

HOBGOBLINS:

Expendable: No characters may join an Expendable unit. Fleeing Expendable units do not cause panic amongst any unit other than those with the Expendable rule.

Animosity: All Hobgoblins are Greenskins, and as such are prone to the infighting and bickering normally associated with others in that race. At the start of each turn of the Chaos Dwarf player all units of Hobgoblins, including Sneaky Gits, have to test for animosity, if they suffer from animosity, roll a D6 and check the result on the table below. If the unit consists of less than five models, or is fleeing or in close combat it is exempt from this test.

Hobgoblin Animosity Chart:

1. No one’s lookin’, kill 'em.

Knife 'em lads, those boyz are as soft as da slaves, kill ‘em all.

If your unit is armed with missile weapons then this turn it will halt and shoot the nearest Expendable unit. The target must be of a kind that currently has to take Animosity tests, even Hobgoblins wouldn’t risk incurring the wrath of the Chaos Dwarfs. Work out the effects of shooting immediately. Assume that individuals can turn to shoot to their side or rear without any penalties, you don’t need to worry about moving the models themselves. Note that all shots are worked out at the start of this turn, rather than in the Shooting phase. A unit which has shot cannot do anything else that turn. If there is no suitable Expendable unit within missile range the unit will Squabble instead (see next rule).

If your unit is not armed with a missile weapon, then it will charge the nearest Expendable unit only if it is currently able to do so. The target of the charge must be of a kind that currently has to take Animosity or Slave Animosity tests. The attacking unit must charge to its front and must be able to charge this unit as if it were an enemy. If there is no suitable Expendable unit within charge range the unit will Squabble instead (see next rule).

A unit able to charge is moved against its target, and fights using its usual rules. Once both units have fought, move the units 1" apart. They can be turned to face a different direction if desired. Do not calculate combat results. Both units will not be able to do anything for the rest of the turn. A unit that has been charged does not then have to test for animosity if it has not already done so.

2-5. Squabble.

What? Zorgat dat stinky git is paid more than me!

A minor dispute grows into a general riot as punches are thrown and curses made. This prevents all moving and shooting this turn. The unit can do nothing this turn as the Khagan gives them all a good bashin’.

6. We’re da best.

Come on ladz, we want da gold. Charge!

Determined to get to the enemy first and secure their gold bonus, the Hobgoblin unit moves a full normal move (not a march move) towards the nearest enemy unit, deducting the usual penalties for terrain, turning etc. The unit must move to get as close to the enemy as possible, and cannot move less unless there is an uncrossable obstacle or another unit in the way. If the unit moves into an enemy unit is counts as having charged

This extra move is an exception to the normal turn sequence, and units affected by this result will no longer be considered as suffering for Animosity this turn. It may still move in the Movement phase, shoot and fight as normal. If this extra move brings you into charge range, you may then declare a charge in your Movement phase if you wish.

Stony Skin

The Movement and Armour Save of the Sorcerer vary according to his level.

�.�������������������M����AS
Level 1���� 3���� -
Level 2���� 2����6+
Level 3���� 1����5+
Level 4���� 0����4+
Prayers to Hashut

Chaos Dwarf Priests and High Priests use their faith in Hashut in a different way to Sorcerers.��Though they both originate from the Brotherhood, Priests call upon their divine patron to give them strength, rather than rely upon manipulating dark magic.

Once per Chaos Dwarf Magic phase, a Priest or High Priest may use ONE prayer chosen from the Prayers to Hashut list.��Prayers are cast exactly like Bound spells from magic items, with a Power Level of 3.��They can be cast on the Priest himself, or any one unit or character within 12" of the Priest.��Prayers will not affect a character’s mount, and cannot be applied to units with the Expendable special rule.��Hobgoblins are not worthy enough to receive Hashut’s divine protection.��Note that Priests and High Priests are not considered to be wizards.

Prayers to Hashut

* Whirlwind of Darkness:��The unit or character has a -1 To Hit Penalty from missile weapons and close combat attacks.

* Healing Flames of Hashut:��A character model is immediately healed of all wounds it has suffered during the battle up to that moment.

* Daemonic Vengeance:��Any enemy that wounds a unit or character with this blessing in the Shooting Phase take an automatic 2D6 S3 hits, with a -1 Armour Save modifier.

HIGH PRIEST ONLY

* Armour of Faith:��All units within 12" of the High Priest may re-roll failed Armour Saves.��If he is mounted on a Palanquin the measurement is from the edge of his base.

* Hashut’s Fury:��All units within 12" of the High Priest��gain the Hatred special rule for the duration of the Prayer (against any enemy).��If he is mounted on a Palanquin the measurement is from the edge of his base.

Hashut’s Chosen

As they defends the honour of Hashut and his sorcerers the mighty God delivers them with a protecting magical shield. The unit and any character that is with them receive a magical resistance (MR) of (1).

Forgemaster

Arcane Engineers are highly skilled in all aspects of engineering having spent a lifetime studying the workings of machines.��

Any warmachine or Rocketeers unit that the Arcane Engineer joins may re-roll on their misfire table

. Rocketeers

If he joins a Rocketeer unit, they may use his Ballistic Skill instead.

. Soul Reaper

If he joins a Soul Reaper you may re-roll one of the D6’s when firing.

. Earthshaker or Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon

If he joins an Earthshaker or Hellcannon, the player may re-roll any single D6, be it an artillery dice or when testing to Rampage.

. Battleragers

If an Arcane Engineer on foot, or any character riding a Mechanical Mount joins a Battlerager unit, that unit can have any number of Automaton Upgrades.

BERSERKERS:��

Summoned

Before the game begins, after the deployment of troops, choose one spot on the battlefield and mark it. This is the point from which the Berserkers will emerge.

At the start of each of your Movement Phases after the first, before charges are declared, roll a D6 to see if the Berserkers emerge.

D6 Roll Required�� Turn Number
���� …������������� ��� � 1
������4+������������������� � ���2
������3+����������������� �� �3
������2+���������������� ���� 4

When they do emerge, roll a Scatter Dice and an Artillery Dice to see where they scatter. Move the marker in the direction indicated by the Scatter Dice, the distance indicated by the Artillery Dice. Place the Berserker unit on the table so that at least one model of the unit is touching the marker. If the unit emerges with any model in contact with one or more enemy units, they are placed in combat in the front of one of the units (controlling player’s choice) and count as making a frontal charge. If the unit Scatters off the table, they are removed from the game, but the opponent does not recieve Victory Points for them. If a Misfire is rolled, consult the below chart.

D6/Result

1. Consumed by Chaos

The unit is killed.

2-5. Disoriented

The Berserker unit emerges at the selected point, but may not charge this turn.

6. Interference

Your opponent may place the Summon marker anywhere on the field.

Daemonic Attacks: As they are controlled by daemons, the machine makes magical attacks.

Daemonic Aura: The models receive a 6+ ward save.

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:

Blunderbuss:

Any model armed with a Blunderbuss projects a 20mm wide template 12" straight forward. If the model is part of (or joins) a unit of Blunderbussiers, this counts as a single template. Any enemy model or unit within this is a potential target and is hit based on Ballistic Skill. If the Blunderbuss armed model is part of (or joins) a Blunderbussier unit, the front rank may add +1 to hit for each complete rank behind the first up to a maximum of +2. The Blunderbusses do not suffer from the long range modifier (all other penalties apply as normal). All hits from a Blunderbuss are resolved at S3. The Blunderbuss is a move and shoot weapon.

Stand and Shoot:

Rule as normal from the Battle Rule Book, but with two exceptions. Blunderbuss armed models do suffer from a stand and shoot penalty since their guns are easy to load but have a very short range. The fire counts as a Concentrated Volley at the charging unit. No other units can be hit.

Concentrated Volley:

If an enemy model or unit is within the template firezone and within Line of Sight, a Blunderbuss armed unit may elect to concentrate fire on this target alone. This is bad news for the target concerned as the concentrated volley is the most devastating of all.��When firing a concentrated volley, roll one dice to hit for each Chaos Dwarf in the front rank, applying modifiers as normally. Resolve all hits against the target as you would for normal shooting. If the models being fired at consists of a chariot, character riding a monster, or other multiple targets, randomly distribute hits exactly as for normal shooting.

Stone Armour:

Forged from the toughest metals known to the Chaos Dwarfs and reinforced with slabs of granite or marble, these suits of armour are very heavy to wear and fight in.��So much so that wearers will often wear them even when not in battle to improve their endurance.

Rules:��Stone Armour gives a 3+ Armour Save.

Rakmial:

Sick.

ashur:

So your basically turning bull centaurs into flying bull centaurs. Ive always considered that bull centaurs where a chance to give CD a really heavy cavalry able to stand against chaos knights. Give them wings is great for the mesopotamian fluff since it bring them closer to the assyrian Shedu (the winged bull), or the flying genies. The only thing that bothers me is that bull centaurs are the ultimate CD unit. How do you picture your flying unit? As a direct replacement for bull centaurs (Hashut guardians)?

I also see you get rid of the Taurus.

Are you going to keep your versions of Zhatan and Astragoth?

I cant thank you enough. Not only in making this army list but also in creating a great background. Its gonne be hard to accept the one GW will give us, assuming that they do, after all you have give us.

Grimstonefire:

Damnit.  Since we changed hosts all the spacing and that is messed up :frowning:

How do you picture your flying unit? As a direct replacement for bull centaurs (Hashut guardians)?[/quote]

I did some thinking on this.  Yes they would be a replacement for the BC, but would be the same fluffwise.  They would be on 20mm bases, but since writing this I thought instead of making them flying creatures you could make them M7.  Thus keeping them slower (this is a Chaos Dwarf army after all).

I did a pic somewhere, I’ll have a look.  Basically they would have the upper torso of a CD, lower of a bull (only 2 legs though).  The wings would be atrophied, so they’re only capable of big leaps.

I also see you get rid of the Taurus.
[/quote]

Yes the Taurus is gone.  Although it keep the ‘bull theme’ its boring IMO compared to the limitless potential of a mechanical monstrosity (which can also be modelled like a bull and have wings btw).

Are you going to keep your versions of Zhatan and Astragoth?
[/quote]

Zhatan remains the same, Astragoth I’ve done something a little different with.

I finished a pdf of rules over christmas, but have been a little busy to load it up.  I’ll try and do it in the next couple of days.

For the sake of simplicity I had to drop the Priests from my pdf. Though the ideas are very good (especially my reasoning on giving the Priest the palanquin), I couldn’t be bothered to spend ages balancing out all the rules for the Blessings. A shame, but something to think about.
I cant thank you enough. Not only in making this army list but also in creating a great background. Its gonne be hard to accept the one GW will give us, assuming that they do, after all you have give us.
Thanks!  The amount of thought, effort and time that has gone into all this is truly scary.  I plan to print out my list and post it to GW in February with the pages of additional fluff as well.  So if they want any ideas it will all be there!

ashur:

I finished a pdf of rules over christmas, but have been a little busy to load it up.  I'll try and do it in the next couple of days.

Grimstonefire
Your final rules ?