[Archive] RH list question

sparrow:

I have a couple of questions about the RH list, I have searched the forums but I wasn’t able to bring up the answers I was looking for.

1) When taking “Orc boyz” and “Goblins”, which units from their list does this actually entitle you to take. I’ve seen lists with big unz and archers in it and I was wondering if this was Ok.

2) When using units from the O&G list do you use the most recent army book or do you stick to the rules in the RH list?

If this question has been asked then I appologize.

Thanks in advance, Jon

Nicodemus:

I have a couple of questions about the RH list, I have searched the forums but I wasn't able to bring up the answers I was looking for.

1) When taking "Orc boyz" and "Goblins", which units from their list does this actually entitle you to take. I've seen lists with big unz and archers in it and I was wondering if this was Ok.

sparrow
Yes, you can upgrade one unit of Orc Boys to Bug 'Unz as per the O&G army book, or you can take Arrer Boyz. For Goblins, I'm reasonably sure you're limited to just the Goblins entry, reason being that the Arrer Boyz and Big 'Unz are just upgraded/modified Orc Boyz, whereas Night Goblins, etc are a separately listed type. I've been wrong many-a-time, however ;)
2) When using units from the O&G list do you use the most recent army book or do you stick to the rules in the RH list?

sparrow
Well when the 6th ED O&G army book came out there was a White Dwarf article that stated that you use the Orc/Goblin profiles in the army book as opposed to their shorthand versions in the Chaos Dwarfs entry in RH. I don't think it's unreasonable to refer to the most-up-to-date O&G book. They aren't much different from what I gathered, although the catch is that in the 8th ED O&G book (unless Chaos Dwarfs are on the back burner somewhere and Orc and Goblin profiles are taking that into account in terms of power level, etc.) those entries are being updated to be in-line with 8th ED and there's no consideration of their inclusion in a CD army. Hope that makes sense.

~N

sparrow:

Cheers Nicodemus,

That helps clear things up. I just wasn’t sure as to whether or not we were allowed to take unit upgrades and such with the Orcs.

Here’s hoping to a new book in the future that clears all this up :cheers