[Archive] rise of the mumies

furrie:

Just so it on the GW site, tomb kings will come in may. click here for the article

nitroglysarine:

Cool, I always thought that range looked okay, but never stunning as it could be.

Swissdictator:

Sweet!

Link doesn’t work, but on the main site you CAN see they’re linking to it with a little bit of art.

When I go home for a tournament I will have to pick up my TK so I can work on them.

Hesitant to make my version of Tomb Guard though, I was planning on using zombies, but wrapping GS around like burial rags to make mummies. They used to have mummy figures, so they could come back as a unit. If not, I’ll use those as Tomb Guard.

nitroglysarine:

Link works for me.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

snowblizz:

Gotta be registered/logged in to see it.

Like the O&G before that I was mildly put disappointed by the scarcity of the information. Why on earth you have be logged in to read in more words that “yeah we are making Tomb Kings”, which is fairly obvious from the public posting anyway, I have no idea.

Two super zoomed-in pics of some detail, on what I guess are new models (could just as well be from existing models), are the only “special content”. But it’s not like that’s a very interesting tidbit to entice people to register with GW.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yesssss baby… I have been waiting for AGES to see the Tomb Kings revamped (no pun intended)!!! At last we shall have proper skeleton warriors, and the oversized heads and hands will be history once and for all!! Muahaha ^^

nitroglysarine:

Last revamp was in 2002/3??

Yeah its been a while!

Baggronor:

Well, its about time :cheers Was getting tempted by the Orcs but I’m gonna wait for TKs now.

Just hope they redo the skeletons, they must be 12 years old by now.

Loki:

I htink they will just rework the VC skeletons , give them different shields and helmets , i cant wait to see what new things they will be getting, i wont be getting any my self but i always like to see nice new models :smiley:

furrie:

There are some bodies that don’t fit the tomb king style, so I hope they will replaces does bodies as well in the tomb skeletons box. If they do what loki said.

Zuh-Khinie:

Huh… I’m still hoping they’ll redo ogres this century.

IMO, that’s the army that needs it the most right now. (that, and I can’t wait to see if they’ll make a rhinox boxed set)

furrie:

Wood elves need it to, they haven’t had an update since the beginning of the 6th.

Zuh-Khinie:

True, but wood elves can still make an awesome army, just like bretonnians and tomb kings could… Ogres tend to make for a very non-competitive army.

I never got the GW-policy on ogres… They were the spanking new army for 6th, and then GW seems to have forgotten all about them.

And if I’m not mistaken (not to be pedantic or anything), but WE were the last army to be released for 6th. (if you don’t count the reworked dwarf list that came out just shy of BFSP)

Baggronor:

There are some bodies that don't fit the tomb king style, so I hope they will replaces does bodies as well in the tomb skeletons box. If they do what loki said.
Maybe even one boxed set that can be built as Skellies or Tomb Guard.

Interesting to see if they go through with the Sphinx that was rumoured on Warseer.

Kered:

I think it’s likely, each army looks like might get its own big monster: skaven with their hell pit abomination orks with their Arachnarok spider there’s probably more to come

nitroglysarine:

I think it's likely, each army looks like might get its own big monster: skaven with their hell pit abomination orks with their Arachnarok spider there's probably more to come

Kered
Then I'm hoping that Empire War Alter will get a make over, but we shouldn't get greedy I guess we have the steam tank.

AGPO:

Wood elves need it to, they haven't had an update since the beginning of the 6th.

furrie
Nah, we had to wait almost a whole edition for an update. Doesn't bother me though, I still think the current wood elf models are the nicest in the range.