[Archive] Rumor from Warseer

WoodenPickles:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190226

Apparently right in time for 8th.

Skitter:

Well thats not much of a rumour really.

Should they redo chaos dwarfs it is pretty obvious that all those models will be redone. If the army is released it will be with new models for all units and then some.

Kiwichris:

Heh, was I the only one who noticed its for Choas Dwarfs! I also think the original post isn’t much news but the other posts about co-inciding with 8th edition make sense (even if they are pure speculation).

Grimstonefire:

There are a lot of odd things about this. Firstly the poster did not say which games day, and which designer they spoke to. Secondly, although it would not be impossible for them to sneak in as the last army in 7th, I have a feeling we’d know by now.

The other major thing making me think this is a wishlist this person wants confirmed is that they went through naming a few things from RH. Every single model (with the possible exception of the Hellcannon) will be redone. So saying only those would is a load of ‘bull’.

Not a decent rumour at all.

dedwrekka:

There are a lot of odd things about this.  Firstly the poster did not say which games day, and which designer they spoke to.  Secondly, although it would not be impossible for them to sneak in as the last army in 7th, I have a feeling we'd know by now.

The other major thing making me think this is a wishlist this person wants confirmed is that they went through naming a few things from RH.  Every single model (with the possible exception of the Hellcannon) will be redone.  So saying only those would is a load of 'bull'.

Not a decent rumour at all.

Grimstonefire
No new models mentioned and they mentioned every model that could be part of the current list. I, sadly, have to agree with Grim. If they were releasing a new book, they would have added or removed a unit or two.

two_heads_talking:

Meh, going to warseer is like going to a drive through carwash… WITHOUT THE CAR!!

Piccolo:

there probably won’t be any Lammasu in the new book as games workshop wants to remove the Babylonian/Assyrian look of the army.

two_heads_talking:

there probably won't be any Lammasu in the new book as games workshop wants to remove the Babylonian/Assyrian look of the army.

Piccolo
Again, I say this all the time, but please site your source. Where are these rumors coming from?

a friend of a friend of a GW staff from 10 years ago... etc etc..

Rumors are bad enough, but unfounded, non-backed up rumors make me want to punch a hole in a wall.

Henroth:

But let’s hope to come true that rumor, since is that wath all we to desire.

:hat off

Groznit Goregut:

Hey, what is the rumor? I can’t go to Warseer from work.

Thommy H:

During gamesday, a friend of mine told me that he has spoken with GW devloper asking about the delvopment of CD and this what he tells me so far.

Recently, they are working on the book and so far the book is about to be finish by the time 8th editon rulebook is finish (Not know who is writing it).

He also mention that they are working on CD and here's the list of models getting redone:

CD warriors
Blunderbuss
Bull cenitaur
CD War machine
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin wolf rider
Sneaky git
CD lords and heros
Mount (Tarous is mention, but not sure about Lumasu)

This is just thebeginning, more will be on the way.

Some no-name from Warseer
So yeah.

Probably about as reliable as if you read it scrawled on a toilet cubicle wall.

Willmark:

As with all things take it with a grain of salt.

Kera foehunter:

Rumors are like Sasquatch!! we need pictures !!

Bassman:

Rumors are like Sasquatch!! we need pictures !!

Kera foehunter
lol, or like Nessy! I should take a blurry picture of a fake games day claiming it's a new Chaos Dwarf just to see the effect in this forum :P

ok, before banning me forever, just jocking :hat off

Stormcrow:

I remember being at either the 2004 or 2005 Baltimore Gamesday, and everyone just knew Wood Elves were going to get shown. It was the last book to be updated before 6th ed came to a close, and they had the oldest models. The designers kept dropping hints that they were working on it. The seminar that year was packed with people eager to see the new direction of the army. Then they announced here is the next army book…Ogre Kingdoms, and a collective “Huh?” went up from the crowd. So there is precedent for them to slip an (what would now have to be considered) entirely new army at the end of an edition, even at the expense of bumping an established army back in line. I just won’t hold my breath until someone actually sees something. Of course, how funny would it be if they were one of the first 8th ed. books and were included in the starter set to sit besides everyone’s BfSP armies.

Grimstonefire:

Hello stormcrow. A name from the past, brings back lots of CD memories! You’re right, if they were to slip us in as a surprise in mid 2010 what a shock that would be! I’d have a great laugh on all the forums that have yet to have an update :slight_smile:

dedwrekka:

We’d have to do a lot of remodeling around here if it really did come out. Think we could handle the new people coming in?

cornixt:

I don’t have even the slightest trust in this rumour. It is likely that he has been fooled by someone again (like he was with the Lizardman rumours).

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Whenever I talk to anyone at GW about Cd’s it’s always the same…"Well…hmmm…Chaos Dwarfs…what they really need to do is update (Insert other army here -->)______ rule book it hasn’t been changed since _______ edition.

Or - “Even back in the day, Chaos Dwarfs didn’t sell well enough. I doubt they’ll do them again.”.

I hope something good is in store for 8th and that we don’t open the book and see an empty hole where our CD list use to be.

Groznit Goregut:

lol, or like Nessy! I should take a blurry picture of a fake games day claiming it's a new Chaos Dwarf just to see the effect in this forum :P

Bassman
Hey! I HAVE seen Nessy. Well, I should say that I have seen something very large and scaly in Loch Ness. Take that as you will. I did see something there. I went there making jokes about Nessy and had a great laugh. That is, until I saw something. Oh, I know most of you won't even believe. I wouldn't believe me. It's true, though.