[Archive] Rumoured release date for Chaos mortals

Willmark:

We’ve covered this ground before thou…

The real question is this: what happens if November comes and goes and there is no mention of CDs there.

I wonder thou, I imagine GW might put the Hellcannon in the list… Although if they do so the situation becomes even murkier.

metro_gnome:

yes well cross threading weeks later does cause that…

What happens with a beardless november? Hang up your hats… cause its over…
but November is a long way away… we’ll know more as it approaches…
the WD list however is right around the corner…and while I don’t expect a huge presence…
I expect access to the hellcannon to be restored to HoC… and flayerkin may be present…
I can’t see them incorporating any CD elements (besides the hellcannon) into the WD list…
as no doubt the list will be concerned with only HoC’s current model range… Major shifts in Nov…

Grimstonefire:

Rather than discuss the wholesale inclusion (or exclusion) of CD in HoC again (;)), who here thinks that the Hellcannon would survive into HoC with its rules the same? Would they do some fine tuning. or a re-write?

metro_gnome:

I see no reason not to… its use wasn’t widspread…

and it wasn’t terribly effective as a warmachine anyway…

it does have a nasty tendancy to kill more of your guyz than the enemy…

Grimstonefire:

They’d have to do a better mould if they plan to bring it back. Very few people seem to get one that even fits together anywhere near perfect first time.

metro_gnome:

well yes the model is a night mare…

but there are many models in current ranges that are nightmares…

anyone try to put together a Hydra?

Willmark:

No on the hydra buy the Hellcannon was madening. Nothing fit right on that damn thing. Add to the fact it was one of my first completed models, grrr.

Metro- I don’t know. If we get a book (and that is a big if) we will definately be the last army released for this edition. So that puts us well into 2009. What’s left right now? Skaven, Brets, TK, Lizzies, OK, WE and DE. Of those WE and OK are fairly new…

You could be right, could be an all or nothing with HoC, but we won’t know for a while yet, unless daemons let’s something crucial slip…

metro_gnome:

like I said…

when we didn’t appear in the dwarf book… part of me died…

when there was not mention in relation to the O&G book… part of me died…

if HoC passes with no CDs… then its time to give up…

making a new army for WHFB is not on the menu… the last time they did that they took nothing but crap…

they had tidy LotR profits to cushion the blow… but they are certainly not in a position to take crap anymore…

besides we’ve never been an army anyway… expecting it has always been far fetched…

without inclusion in the HoC… and without a GT presence our days are numbered…

believe me when I tell you… that never in our gloomy history has it been this bad…

Willmark:

Points taken. Me, I’m an Optimistic Realist, hope for the best, plan for the worst.

However point of order; they took crap (and rightly so IMO) because of the models and not the rules. Warts and all I’d rather play our PDF list then anything else. That being said if it had to be HoC so be it, or I have to make my army into a dwarf list… I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

And there is the thing that is maddening to me. Chaos Dwarfs weren’t a failure in the marketplade due to the rules, they were a failure due to the models. In case anyone jumps in I will agree with Metro on one thing: Hats ain’t ever gonna happen. If by some miracle we do get a list the hatters will have to be happy with the models they have now…

Kera foehunter:

heck it seams all warrhammer machine are hard to get together .try an ogre scrap launcher.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Obviously, I’d enjoy seeing the CD, I guess I’d even put up with them in a HoC army book. I’d like to be able to use them as an army of just CD even if from that book, but that’s unlikely too. Yes, hats are about as likely to appear as a man that can scream in space. Which just means conversions from any models that may come. Of course, they may have to be conversions as is. I won’t go so far as to give up if they aren’t in HoC though.

cornixt:

Given how the Hellcannon is now considered a collectors model, I doubt it will be in the Mortals list unless they do another model.

metro_gnome:

the ork deffkopta is back on the shelves after a 8 year hiatus…

i doubt 1 year in limbo could keep the hellcannon down…

fact is it was a popular model so maybe they sold them all…

but a new model would not be unwelcomed… plasticize it…