[Archive] Rumoured release date for Chaos mortals

Grimstonefire:

Indications from Warseer are that Chaos mortals will be out in November 2008. This I think will be an important release for the future of Chaos Dwarfs.

If they include anything unit related to do with CD I think that’s all we will ever get :~ A new warmachine… maybe that would be it, probably not.

If they don’t include anything significant to do with CD it will hopefully mean they are staying true to their word of releasing a seperate book.

So between now and say August if we hear anything to do with CD units in a Chaos Mortals book its a bad thing.

Ghrask Dragh:

Does this include warriors? I really like the Chaos warriors miniatures, new miniatures would have to be pretty sweet to justify getting rid of them. New marauders are desprately needed, the have such good artwork and concepts in the 7th Ed rulebook and magazines but the miniatures are such disappointment.

Didn’t the Chaos Dwarfs start out as sort of hired swords for Chaos armies, I quite like the idea of using them like that again - but then I would collect a Chaos army anyway. I would of course prefer a full army list and miniatures but if this is all we can hope for I wouldn’t mind.

Kera foehunter:

Well i hope it true .But i can’t wait even if it doesn’t happen i still have a cool army

metro_gnome:

and of course I disagree… there are (and have only ever been) only 4 CD units…
if they fit comfortabley in the new Chaos Mortals books its a good thing…
sponging units from Chaos Mortals is no worse than sponging units from O&G…

our rules and FAQ have been removed… we have been banned from major tournaments…
how bad does it have to get until you will accept a CD release in any form?

heres hoping for bearded november…

Uzkul Werit:

Will they really be done that early? I thought it was DE, then Skaven.

Khan!:

I don’t think it would be a bad thing if Chaos Dwarves merged with mortals. A full list would be cool, but new official stuff in either case would be cool. But in any case, like Uzkul Werit I thought DE were to be before Mortals. I suppose we’ll find out.

wallacer:

I thought it was Chaos Daemons, Then Dark Elves, then Chaos Mortals?

I actually wouldn’t mind if CD were in the Chaos Mortals book, so long as we had at least a few uniquely CD units to choose from in the list.

I’d rather have our own book of course, but frankly I think it’s long since past the point where we are able to be choosey about what we get.

Theory_Man:

They might put an CD list in the back of the chaos Mortals book if CD units are being used in the upcoming release in the chaos mortals army book.

minty:

well, I’m an optimist, and me actualy visiting GWHQ once a month and talking, I’m still gonna say where getting a seperate book, also, Chaos mortals are not planned for this year, or if they are half the rules development lads where left out

Arlon:

it would be very covienent for me

because then i could fuse my hundreds of mortals, beast, and daemons withmy very few chaos dwarfs

Willmark:

minty- or they just didnt tell you…

metro_gnome:

DE are before mortals…
ok well first things first… the years release schedule was spoiled this week by Harry on Warseer
Harry is a very reputable source known for concealing rumors more than he breaks them…
its meant to be a bumper year for warhammer… behold:

Oh!
Well … as it is no longer a secret.

March - Vampire Counts
April - Birthday releases
May - Daemons
June - Mordor
July - 5th Edition rulebook
August -Dark Elves
September - 5th Edition Box set
October - Space Marines
November - Mortal Chaos

Harry on Warseer
there is info about most things here except DE, SM, and HoC… well and mordor but who cares…
don’t know were skaven fit… but not till '09 for sure…
not sure about CDs with anything except mortals Arlon… as rumor has it the books don’t mix anymore…
Can’t be sure on that till we get the daemon book tho…

Willmark:

Of course this assumes that the info on warseer an absolute fact. Not saying that he isn’t it just bears scrunity.

Also the contention is that this an all or nothing proposition isnt nessicarily the case. Could be that GW will leave it in the same muddled state that it has been for years.

That being said I would be fine with being included with the Chaos Mortal book. However I would want the option to field a CD army rather then the old days of CDs being merely Allies. Of course, as always I’d rather we just got an updated PDF.

Ghrask Dragh:

I heard they are doing a 'Harry the Hammer' miniature, I was thinking sculpting one of those the other day, can't wait to see it done properly!!

AGPO:

Oh!
Well ... as it is no longer a secret.

March - Vampire Counts
May - Daemons
June - Mordor
July - 5th Edition rulebook
August -Dark Elves
September - 5th Edition Box set
October - Space Marines
November - Mortal Chaos

Harry on Warseer
5th edition what? LOTR or 40K
can't believe 40k would need a new edition already

dancehat:

As it is seems the 4th managed to piss off enough players and make certain books silly so they had too. Suppose all those marine players cried about “NERF SKIMMERS!” so loud GW could bear it any longer or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Nazhur:

the 5th edition is for 40000.

AGPO:

Tush, I give up on them

Malificant:

as far as the PDF being removed, i checked the US site and it is under the hordes of chaos gaming section.

metro_gnome:

yes… for now…

you can also still get it at the australian site, and the italian site (in italian of course)…

but the .pdf is not on the UK site any longer…