[Archive] Rune of Hashut - Upside Down?

cornixt:

I’ve seen a lot of people putting the [[rune of hashut]] on their models and banners, all the same way up. Given that we have only ever seen it side on, it is strange how everyone has gone for the same way. Even stranger though, because to me that way looks upside down. maybe I’m used to things having feet rather than branches, or it looks more like a volcano. If it was an altered replica of the Khorne symbol then it would be fine because that has both “branches” and “feet”, but it is a little too different.

Am I alone in this? Does anyone else think that everyone is using it upside down? It just looks wrong to me.

Kyte:

I put it with the “V” Turning down, because it reminded me of some greek letter…

Thanks

- Kyte

Xander:

According to my “research” the [[Rune of Hashut]] has no up or down, but the open part of the “V” always faces to the shaft of the weapon.

torn:

i just tried drawing these and it looks better in my opinion to have the V normal ways up.

Rattler:

People draw it with the V right-side-up most likely because there is a base to the design. There’s a solid “_” at the bottom, allowing you to distinguish the top from the bottom.

Of course, that’s just what people see. It may very well be the other way around.

metro_gnome:

V side down… its a bull…

Hashut’s Blessing:

To be honest, I think either way. If you really wanted, you could say that it has a different meaning dependant upon which way it is. (And the A sort of version looks like lambda. that’s the greek letter Kyte is thinking of…)

Canix:

I think it could be either orientation with a slightly different meaning depending on this V=bull ^=volcano and the way its depicted on axes in 4th ed < and> the apex to split enemies.

The active element of the rune therefore lies in the point

Xander:

TThe rune appears on so few models and only one picture, that I am aware of. the only common factor between all the placings was The open portion of the V facing to the hilt of the axe.��I honestly think it sits as either a K or a backwards K. All of that seen in the image I mde for the [[Rune of Hashut]] wiki page.

Kyte:

(And the A sort of version looks like lambda. that's the greek letter Kyte is thinking of...)

Hashut's Blessing
No I was thinking of the one meaning a letter and the number 3,14810148101481014810 or something

Thanks

- Kyte

torn:

are you thinking of pi? the number you use for circles?

metro_gnome:

yes… pi… doing the splits…

Kyte:

yeah! Pi, I wasn’t sure if it was called pi or phi!

Thanks

- Kyte

Hashut’s Blessing:

Pi. Phi is different. Personally, I would’ve said lmabda was close as you just add one line, whereas with pi, you have to reposition two of them. And it’s a decimal point, not comma :wink: (Had to be said :D) But, I have always though, as Mr. Xander does, that it should be K or reversed K, just since everyone else thought it was V/^, I changed my mind. The orientation, however, could still apply different meanings.

torn:

to be honest i think its best to just use it in the way it looks the best

cornixt:

Some Europeans use decimal commas instead of decimal points. Maybe the bar across the top reminds me of pi (mmm…pie) so that is why I think it should be up that way,being an engineer and all.

metro_gnome:

that… and it looks like a bull that way…

mmm… bull pie…

Rattler:

Okay, I’ve been standing on my head, flipping my monitor to every which side, and I still don’t see a bull. Is this like one of those rorschach things? :sick

torn:

lol rattler wouldnt it be easier just to draw it on some paper and move that around?

metro_gnome:

its simple…
feet down and hooved… horns straight across the top… and theres a tail…
its as tho the bull is coming towards us…