[Archive] Russian Alternative Chaos Dwarfs

Tokheim:

Got some cheap on E-Bay,

Not from their store, but from some regular E-bayers. Put them together today, their Lord character (one per box), and three of their command (three per box). As you guys well know, I drill and pin EVERYTHING!

The figures came out pretty clean, not much flash at all on them. The metal is NOT the really hard GW pewter metal mixture, it’s almost lead, it’s very soft stuff. So if you get any of their figures, do not drill very hard, it will go through very easily and you’ll have a hole in the other side of your figure, hand or back piece.

So they clean up very easily, pin together very well, the design of each figure WORKS! No real holes or seams to fill in with green stuff, I like them because they are very animated versions of GW’s old chaos big hat chaos dwarfs.

Just a short report!

Tokheim:

These are their “Dwarves of Fire Canyon” range,

And if you don’t know me, I DO drill and pin everything!!! From plastic up to metal figs!

NO RESIN!!!

:slight_smile:

Roark:

Yeah, I really love the design/aesthetics of these guys. They are my favourite chaos dwarfs of all time, matched only by Bezzukh (Ravenswood).

Tokheim:

Opened box #2,

From another auctioneer, the metal appears different but is still soft. You do have to line up the heads correctly, at least for the fireglaives, for them to fit properly. Metal, yes gentlemen, please be careful drilling, don’t go SO DEEP as you pop out the far side of the hand, elbow or chest.

I may have made a few teeny tiny little perforations…

:slight_smile:

They do look good though, I like them!

I’ll have to go over and check out the Bezzukh/Ravenwood offerings! Love energetic warped ones!

Roark:

Yeah, my second batch was whiter and harder, but I’m going full plastic now that RA has started producing them in polymer or whatever it is. The great weapon guys especially are huge for a 20mm base. I don’t need a bunch of metal chipping. Mine are all for gaming.

Tokheim:

Hear that,

Are you liking the plastic? If it’s easier than the metal I might try them too. I got a bonus check for my anniversary, that’s what I’m calling 25 years of servitude!

So new toys? Yes please!

I guess I just missed another auction on Ebay for the Ravenwood dwarf, there was one in October…

Abecedar:

.............................. I got a bonus check for my anniversary, that's what I'm calling 25 years of servitude!

Tokheim
Mein Gott! You've been married 25 years and your wife gives you money?

Tokheim:

Her mom paid me to keep her!

toco:

Her mom paid me to keep her!

Tokheim
LOL :cheers

toco:

I just received my order from Russian Alternative. Great miniatures! One hero and 10 blunderbusses. Absolutely wonderfull. But one question remains until I put some glue on them: the package says it’s plastic. But it feels a lot like resin…

gorgarrak:

They’re restic like mantic’s stuff, they’ll need superglueing.

Mike

toco:

RESTIC, like RESin + plaSTIC ? OK, fair.

But I’m confused about your remark about Mantic. I have glued many plastic Dwarfs from Mantic. It’s real plastic, and I was able to glue them with Revell Plastic Glue/Cement.

gorgarrak:

Mantic do plastic, metal and restic. Dwarves from Mantic are plastic, but their abyssal dwarf add on bits used to come in metal but are now made of Restic.

Mike