[Archive] Sam's Chaos Dwarfs

Stepper:

Love em,

I really like ure style :hat off

Looking forward to see more

Ciao,

Stepper

MLP:

Really fantastic paintjob, inspiring to say the least.

eudaimon:

About time for a character I think, and who better than the daddy of them all, Astrogoth himself. Thanks to Mr. Roy for the model. Its also the start of another step-by-step.

First white undercoat. I went straight onto the skin, same as before, as it is the deepest part of the model.

Now it is time for the undercoats, first of all blacks, then oranges.

The oranges aren’t pretty right now, but they will be.

In this stage the colours have been dulled down, using Vallejo red wash, ogre flesh, devlan mud and badab black. I have also done my first re-highlights of the orange.

And here are the reds, all finished up. With fiery orange and pale flesh highlights.

[/url]

Now it is the same thing, but with the black highlighted.

Getting to the finish now…

And here he is. The banners are the original pattern, but I did the painting, a little messy, but I need to work on my flat surfaces!

ryanamandaanna:

That is a pretty wild tutorial! Great job!

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Lava Lord:

:cheers Like was you chose for the colors. The detail works well together. Very very nice!!!

vulcanologist:

Looks good! Are the banners hand painted?

eudaimon:

The designs of the banners are copied from the original model’s, and printed out. I have then inked the colours - like colouring in.

eudaimon:

About time for a character I think, and who better than the daddy of them all, Astrogoth himself. Thanks to Mr. Roy for the model. Its also the start of another step-by-step.

First white undercoat. I went straight onto the skin, same as before, as it is the deepest part of the model.

Now it is time for the undercoats, first of all blacks, then oranges.

The oranges aren’t pretty right now, but they will be.

In this stage the colours have been dulled down, using Vallejo red wash, ogre flesh, devlan mud and badab black. I have also done my first re-highlights of the orange.

And here are the reds, all finished up. With fiery orange and pale flesh highlights.

[/url]

Now it is the same thing, but with the black highlighted.

Getting to the finish now…

And here he is. The banners are the original pattern, but I did the painting, a little messy, but I need to work on my flat surfaces!

ryanamandaanna:

That is a pretty wild tutorial! Great job!

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Lava Lord:

:cheers Like was you chose for the colors. The detail works well together. Very very nice!!!

vulcanologist:

Looks good! Are the banners hand painted?

eudaimon:

The designs of the banners are copied from the original model’s, and printed out. I have then inked the colours - like colouring in.

eudaimon:

Not an interesting update, but I used the opportunity of a week in Malaysia to paint another unit of dwarfs. That is it for now for the dwarfs.

So, what is next. Well, I am going to paint up the Taurus as a standin destroyer. And do a hellcannon. And lots of hobgoblins. I have old school metal hobgoblins - but no shields. Anyone got any ideas for shields?

eudaimon:

I have been concentrating on my taurus recently - I am going to double it as the Destroyer in the short term, which is nice.

Almost done, just needs basing really. Draz will follow at some point, when my ETC list is painted…

Karring:

AMAZING lights of that bull!!! It actually seems to be made of fire and magma.

tjub:

Yupp, the bull is really sweet! :slight_smile:

eudaimon:

I have been concentrating on my taurus recently - I am going to double it as the Destroyer in the short term, which is nice.

Almost done, just needs basing really. Draz will follow at some point, when my ETC list is painted…

Karring:

AMAZING lights of that bull!!! It actually seems to be made of fire and magma.