[Archive] SAWS Challenge Tournament Day #1

tvandyke:

I attended the SAWS Challenge Tournament this past weekend and thought I’d give you a summarized battle report and give you some obverservations of the army.

The tournament ended up with 64 participants. First off, here’s what I took.  

1 Sorcerer-Prophet
     General; Lore of Hashut; Magic Level 4; Show Lore of Hashut; Blood of
     Hashut; Darkforged Weapon; Blackshard Armour
     Enchanted Shield  
     Talisman of Preservation  
     Crown of Command  

1 Bull Centaur Taur’ruk  
     Heavy Armour
     Dragonhelm  
     Golden Sigil Sword
     Dawn Stone

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer  
     Lore of Fire; Magic Level 1; Ensorcelled Hand Weapons; Blackshard Armour
     Dispel Scroll  

1 Dark Castellan
     Blackshard Armour; Battle Standard
     The Mask of the Furnace
     Biting Blade  

24 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard  
     Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

23 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard  

1 Deathmask  
          Blackshard Armour

5 Bull Centaurs Renders  
     Heavy Armour; Shields; Standard

1 Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

1 Magma Cannon (Hellbound)

1 K’daai Destroyer

Game #1:  Vampire Counts

His army consisted of 1 big block of zombies, 1 big block of skeletons, 1 big block of Ghouls, Mortis Engine, 3 Vargheists (with Varghulf), 2 spirit hosts, a necromancer and one big Black Knight Bus that had his fighty Vampire Lord, White king and Manfred the Acolyte (this tourney allowed hero level Special Characters).  The scenario this game was the one where you set up on the long board edge (forget the name).  Regardless, I was happy since I was scared to death that my destroyer would get held up by a spirit host and that the Vargheists would get to my war machines.  The scenario allowed me to set up my whole army on the back board edge and give me a few turns of shooting and magic before he could reach me.  I needed my big guns available to deal with that Knight bus.  
     He got first turn and moved everything up.  His Vargheists moving much too fast for my comfort level, but at least they got within range of my Magma Cannon.My first turn, I move my Destroyer away from his Spirit hosts and towards his Varghiests and my Bulls towards the Spirit hosts (I figured I’d charge the Taur’ruk out by himself the kill the things), I kill one Varguist, wound another with the Cannon.  I put both of my Deathshriekers on his Mortis Engine.  1st was a direct hit and wound but he makes his Regen roll.  Second one misses, but I use my Deamonsmith re-roll and get another direct hit, but roll a one to wound.
     His second turn, he moves everything up again and builds a new unit of zombies near my Bulls, not much else happens that I can remember.  On my second turn I charge the remaining Varghiests with my Destroyer, killed them all, and overran really close to his big unit of ghouls.  I used my Magma Cannon to take out a Spirit host (hellbound came in handy, I also used Ash Storm to make it Flammable so double wounds).  I moved my Taur’ruk out of the unit to block the new zombie unit from screwing up my battle line.  I used both my deathshreikers again on the Mortis Engine.  1st one, miss, re-roll, direct hit, wound, failed regen, 3 wounds. 2nd one, direct hit, wound, failed regen, 5 wounds and dead Mortis Engine (Awesome).
     Turns 3-6:  He charges the destroyer with ghouls and they get eaten in 2 or 3 combat turns.  On turns 4 and 5 I failed my Toughness test and had one 1 wound left going into turn 6 (thankfully, I didn’t fail again).  The Taur’ruk ended getting charged by the new zombies (which kept getting bigger) so I eventually had to bring in the rest of my Bulls.  He finally got his big Knight bus into the fray and charged the Taur’ruk (He should have brought that nasty unit into my warrior block with the prophet).  He won the combat, but didn’t kill the Taur’ruk, I broke, but he didn’t catch anything.  This meant he spent the rest of the game killing off the Bulls and Taur’ruk (about 450 points total) with his 1000+ point unit (didn’t break my heart).  On the last turn, I got off Flames or Azgorh on hist Knight Unit.  The template landed right on top of Manfred, he failed his look out sir and then his toughness test.  Big win for Chaos Dwarfs.

Game #2:  Dwarfs.  

His army consisted of 4 units of Thunderers, 2 Cannons, 1 Organ Gun, 2 nasty Bolt Throwers (one was S8, the other S7) and the Anvil.  We ended up with a board that had 4 big buildings right in the middle (it was a town).  There were no hills within my deployment zone so I was kind of screwed. There was basically no where I could set up where the buildings wouldn’t block my line of site unless my opponent decided to set up right across from me.  He didn’t of course.  He had more drops than I did, so all his important stuff got set up in the opposit corner from mine.  I took out one of his cannons with a deathshrieker direct hit and wiped out half of one of his thunderer units, but he hid that unit behind a hill.  I spent the rest of the game just trying to move somewhere where I could get a line of site to his stuff (which meant literaly spending turns moving my war machines).  My magic suffered the same fate.  I basically had a choice.  Hide my stuff in my corner and just take the draw or throw everything I had at him.  I chose the latter since I’m actually one of these crazy people that actually try to have fun while playing a game.  Crazy I know.  Anyway, my Destroyer and Bull Centaurs (including the Taur’ruk) died from cannon, bolt throwers and the anvil.  The Destroyer had a chance to smash his entire corner.  I was making an absurd amount ward saves from his cannons and Bolt Throwers but he was throwing an anvil spell at me that only caused D6 S4 hits, but he kept managing to roll 6’s and on those I couldn’t make a ward save.  Too add insult to injury, this also caused the destroyer to move at half speed.  In the end, we played 6 turns in about 30 minutes since there was hardly anything for me to do in my turn and he didn’t have magic.  Loss for the Chaos Dwarfs.

Game #3:  Orc and Goblins.

His army consisted of a huge unit of trolls (10 of them I think), a big unit of savage orcs, unit of Black Orcs, big unit of night goblins, two doom divers, two chariots, two mangler squigs, a giant, a small unit of wolf riders, level 4 goblin shaman and a few other orc characters.  This was the scenario where you have to roll for each unit to see where they can be deployed (left, right, center or wherever you want).  I rolled center for everything.  Lovely.  A hill was on my right flank and useless to me.  This game was over pretty quickly (I think we played 3 turns).  I have never played against Mangler Squiqs before and my opponent explained how they work, but I just didn’t fathom how much damage they can do in a single turn.  I’ll get to that in a minute.  He had his mangler squiqs on my left flank (where my destroyer and bulls were) and his giant and chariots on my right flank (where my war machines were.  Technically, they were in the center, but were as far right as I could get them due to the scenario)  This game started out wonderfully for me.  I took out his giant in the first turn with my Deathshriekers (these things are freekin awesome).  Also in the first turn, I got off Ash Storm on his trolls, then followed it up with Flames of Azgorh and rolling a hit.  With double damage, I ended up killing 7 trolls.  On his first turn, his wolf riders failed animosity and the result was that they had to charge the nearest friendly unit which just happened to be one of his mangler squigs.  He made the charge and both the wolf riders and squig were dead (I guess charging a mangler kills it, but the charger takes 3d6 S6 hits in the process).  So, with the first turn overwith, things were going great.  Now, I had two chariots threatening my war machines, a mangler on my left and the rest of his army bearing down the center.  I had to choose, do I take out the mangler with war machines and magic, finish off the trolls or get rid of those pesky chariots.  With an 18" charge, I knew I had to do something with the chariots or all my war machines would be toast.  I felt the mangler was too far away (3d6 variable move distance, he could roll poorly, right?) to be as an immediate threat as the chariots.  So I focused my attention on the chariots, killed one and put 2 wounds on the other.  I also moved my destroyer in position to charge his savage orcs and put my Bulls in postion to support either the destroyer or my infantry blocks.  His Black orcs and remaining trolls were in position to charge in a turn or two.  I also made a major mistake by lining up my troops in a way that would allow his mangler to hit every one of them.  For some reason, I just wasn’t thinking his mangler could hit more than one unit at a time.  It also looked like the thing was 20" away.  Anyways, on his turn he rolled 17" (2 6’s and a 5).  He just reached my destroyer, then bounced through my Bulls and both units of IG.  He caused 4 wounds to the destroyer, wiped out half the Bulls, and about 1/3 of each of the IG units.  Wow.  That Mangler basically moved about 40" in one turn.  To add insult to injury, he made his charge with chariot on one of the Deathshriekers and killed it.  Apparently once a mangler hits a target it moves randomly after that.  What were the odds it would be able to move exactly in the opposite direction it came?  I decided to maintain my battle line instead of charging.  I felt I needed another round of magic and shooting to even the odds (those huge blocks of Savage and Black orcs didn’t seem so easy anymore).  I honestly can’t remember doing much in my turn and braced for the charge of pretty much his whole army, however, he still had the compulsary move with the mangler.  He rolled the perfect direction and it went right back through my battle line again, leaving about 8 dwarfs in each IG unit, my Taur’ruk and a bull with a single wound in the bull unit and finishing off the Destroyer.  Game over.  I’ll never make that mistake again.  Big loss for the Chaos Dwarfs.

I’ll send you my results for Day 2 in another thread.

tvandyke:

I attended the SAWS Challenge Tournament this past weekend and thought I’d give you a summarized battle report and give you some obverservations of the army.

The tournament ended up with 64 participants. First off, here’s what I took.  

1 Sorcerer-Prophet
     General; Lore of Hashut; Magic Level 4; Show Lore of Hashut; Blood of
     Hashut; Darkforged Weapon; Blackshard Armour
     Enchanted Shield  
     Talisman of Preservation  
     Crown of Command  

1 Bull Centaur Taur’ruk  
     Heavy Armour
     Dragonhelm  
     Golden Sigil Sword
     Dawn Stone

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer  
     Lore of Fire; Magic Level 1; Ensorcelled Hand Weapons; Blackshard Armour
     Dispel Scroll  

1 Dark Castellan
     Blackshard Armour; Battle Standard
     The Mask of the Furnace
     Biting Blade  

24 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard  

23 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard  

1 Deathmask  
          Blackshard Armour

5 Bull Centaurs Renders  
     Heavy Armour; Shields; Standard

1 Magma Cannon (Hellbound)

1 K’daai Destroyer

Game #1:  Vampire Counts

His army consisted of 1 big block of zombies, 1 big block of skeletons, 1 big block of Ghouls, Mortis Engine, 3 Vargheists (with Varghulf), 2 spirit hosts, a necromancer and one big Black Knight Bus that had his fighty Vampire Lord, White king and Manfred the Acolyte (this tourney allowed hero level Special Characters).  The scenario this game was the one where you set up on the long board edge (forget the name).  Regardless, I was happy since I was scared to death that my destroyer would get held up by a spirit host and that the Vargheists would get to my war machines.  The scenario allowed me to set up my whole army on the back board edge and give me a few turns of shooting and magic before he could reach me.  I needed my big guns available to deal with that Knight bus.  
     He got first turn and moved everything up.  His Vargheists moving much too fast for my comfort level, but at least they got within range of my Magma Cannon.My first turn, I move my Destroyer away from his Spirit hosts and towards his Varghiests and my Bulls towards the Spirit hosts (I figured I’d charge the Taur’ruk out by himself the kill the things), I kill one Varguist, wound another with the Cannon.  I put both of my Deathshriekers on his Mortis Engine.  1st was a direct hit and wound but he makes his Regen roll.  Second one misses, but I use my Deamonsmith re-roll and get another direct hit, but roll a one to wound.
     His second turn, he moves everything up again and builds a new unit of zombies near my Bulls, not much else happens that I can remember.  On my second turn I charge the remaining Varghiests with my Destroyer, killed them all, and overran really close to his big unit of ghouls.  I used my Magma Cannon to take out a Spirit host (hellbound came in handy, I also used Ash Storm to make it Flammable so double wounds).  I moved my Taur’ruk out of the unit to block the new zombie unit from screwing up my battle line.  I used both my deathshreikers again on the Mortis Engine.  1st one, miss, re-roll, direct hit, wound, failed regen, 3 wounds. 2nd one, direct hit, wound, failed regen, 5 wounds and dead Mortis Engine (Awesome).
     Turns 3-6:  He charges the destroyer with ghouls and they get eaten in 2 or 3 combat turns.  On turns 4 and 5 I failed my Toughness test and had one 1 wound left going into turn 6 (thankfully, I didn’t fail again).  The Taur’ruk ended getting charged by the new zombies (which kept getting bigger) so I eventually had to bring in the rest of my Bulls.  He finally got his big Knight bus into the fray and charged the Taur’ruk (He should have brought that nasty unit into my warrior block with the prophet).  He won the combat, but didn’t kill the Taur’ruk, I broke, but he didn’t catch anything.  This meant he spent the rest of the game killing off the Bulls and Taur’ruk (about 450 points total) with his 1000+ point unit (didn’t break my heart).  On the last turn, I got off Flames or Azgorh on hist Knight Unit.  The template landed right on top of Manfred, he failed his look out sir and then his toughness test.  Big win for Chaos Dwarfs.

Game #2:  Dwarfs.  

His army consisted of 4 units of Thunderers, 2 Cannons, 1 Organ Gun, 2 nasty Bolt Throwers (one was S8, the other S7) and the Anvil.  We ended up with a board that had 4 big buildings right in the middle (it was a town).  There were no hills within my deployment zone so I was kind of screwed. There was basically no where I could set up where the buildings wouldn’t block my line of site unless my opponent decided to set up right across from me.  He didn’t of course.  He had more drops than I did, so all his important stuff got set up in the opposit corner from mine.  I took out one of his cannons with a deathshrieker direct hit and wiped out half of one of his thunderer units, but he hid that unit behind a hill.  I spent the rest of the game just trying to move somewhere where I could get a line of site to his stuff (which meant literaly spending turns moving my war machines).  My magic suffered the same fate.  I basically had a choice.  Hide my stuff in my corner and just take the draw or throw everything I had at him.  I chose the latter since I’m actually one of these crazy people that actually try to have fun while playing a game.  Crazy I know.  Anyway, my Destroyer and Bull Centaurs (including the Taur’ruk) died from cannon, bolt throwers and the anvil.  The Destroyer had a chance to smash his entire corner.  I was making an absurd amount ward saves from his cannons and Bolt Throwers but he was throwing an anvil spell at me that only caused D6 S4 hits, but he kept managing to roll 6’s and on those I couldn’t make a ward save.  Too add insult to injury, this also caused the destroyer to move at half speed.  In the end, we played 6 turns in about 30 minutes since there was hardly anything for me to do in my turn and he didn’t have magic.  Loss for the Chaos Dwarfs.

Game #3:  Orc and Goblins.

His army consisted of a huge unit of trolls (10 of them I think), a big unit of savage orcs, unit of Black Orcs, big unit of night goblins, two doom divers, two chariots, two mangler squigs, a giant, a small unit of wolf riders, level 4 goblin shaman and a few other orc characters.  This was the scenario where you have to roll for each unit to see where they can be deployed (left, right, center or wherever you want).  I rolled center for everything.  Lovely.  A hill was on my right flank and useless to me.  This game was over pretty quickly (I think we played 3 turns).  I have never played against Mangler Squiqs before and my opponent explained how they work, but I just didn’t fathom how much damage they can do in a single turn.  I’ll get to that in a minute.  He had his mangler squiqs on my left flank (where my destroyer and bulls were) and his giant and chariots on my right flank (where my war machines were.  Technically, they were in the center, but were as far right as I could get them due to the scenario)  This game started out wonderfully for me.  I took out his giant in the first turn with my Deathshriekers (these things are freekin awesome).  Also in the first turn, I got off Ash Storm on his trolls, then followed it up with Flames of Azgorh and rolling a hit.  With double damage, I ended up killing 7 trolls.  On his first turn, his wolf riders failed animosity and the result was that they had to charge the nearest friendly unit which just happened to be one of his mangler squigs.  He made the charge and both the wolf riders and squig were dead (I guess charging a mangler kills it, but the charger takes 3d6 S6 hits in the process).  So, with the first turn overwith, things were going great.  Now, I had two chariots threatening my war machines, a mangler on my left and the rest of his army bearing down the center.  I had to choose, do I take out the mangler with war machines and magic, finish off the trolls or get rid of those pesky chariots.  With an 18" charge, I knew I had to do something with the chariots or all my war machines would be toast.  I felt the mangler was too far away (3d6 variable move distance, he could roll poorly, right?) to be as an immediate threat as the chariots.  So I focused my attention on the chariots, killed one and put 2 wounds on the other.  I also moved my destroyer in position to charge his savage orcs and put my Bulls in postion to support either the destroyer or my infantry blocks.  His Black orcs and remaining trolls were in position to charge in a turn or two.  I also made a major mistake by lining up my troops in a way that would allow his mangler to hit every one of them.  For some reason, I just wasn’t thinking his mangler could hit more than one unit at a time.  It also looked like the thing was 20" away.  Anyways, on his turn he rolled 17" (2 6’s and a 5).  He just reached my destroyer, then bounced through my Bulls and both units of IG.  He caused 4 wounds to the destroyer, wiped out half the Bulls, and about 1/3 of each of the IG units.  Wow.  That Mangler basically moved about 40" in one turn.  To add insult to injury, he made his charge with chariot on one of the Deathshriekers and killed it.  Apparently once a mangler hits a target it moves randomly after that.  What were the odds it would be able to move exactly in the opposite direction it came?  I decided to maintain my battle line instead of charging.  I felt I needed another round of magic and shooting to even the odds (those huge blocks of Savage and Black orcs didn’t seem so easy anymore).  I honestly can’t remember doing much in my turn and braced for the charge of pretty much his whole army, however, he still had the compulsary move with the mangler.  He rolled the perfect direction and it went right back through my battle line again, leaving about 8 dwarfs in each IG unit, my Taur’ruk and a bull with a single wound in the bull unit and finishing off the Destroyer.  Game over.  I’ll never make that mistake again.  Big loss for the Chaos Dwarfs.

I’ll send you my results for Day 2 in another thread.

Da Crusha:

pretty good overview tvandyke. Ill look forward to the other games.

you didnt by any chance get a copy of the tournament results did you? I had it and then I must of left it in the shop when I started looking at bits. I wanted to take a better look at it.

brotsorrow:

Sounds like you had a great learning experience and some fun (not once did you complain even with two losses!!!)

I do not have the new rules for mangler quids - are they like fanatics, just more deadly?

Do you as a tournament player fault the dwarf player for his tactics? I remember when i used to do the tournament scene some guys would get sour with me not moving my dwarfs an inch… what else can a dwarf player do? Hope to get a charge in at midfield?

Good luck the next day bro!!! Hopefully you get some vengeance

tvandyke:

pretty good overview tvandyke. Ill look forward to the other games.

you didnt by any chance get a copy of the tournament results did you? I had it and then I must of left it in the shop when I started looking at bits. I wanted to take a better look at it.

Da Crusha
Yes I do. Is there anything particular you wanted to know? I'm sure the scores will be up on the SAWS site soon.

tvandyke:

Sounds like you had a great learning experience and some fun (not once did you complain even with two losses!!!)
I do not have the new rules for mangler quids - are they like fanatics, just more deadly?
Do you as a tournament player fault the dwarf player for his tactics? I remember when i used to do the tournament scene some guys would get sour with me not moving my dwarfs an inch.... what else can a dwarf player do? Hope to get a charge in at midfield?

Good luck the next day bro!!!! Hopefully you get some vengeance

brotsorrow
The Mangler Squids work similar to fanatics. When they hit a unit they pop out the other side. One reason why you never place your units as close to each other as I did with one those on the table (he had two). The big difference is that they can move in the direction you want (at least until they hit something after that they move just like fanatics with a 3d6 move) and are nastier and bigger. They are on 40's or 50's so you'd have to space your units pretty far apart if you don't want it popping through one unit to the next. The best bet is to have something cheap (Hobgoblin Khan on wolf) and suicide it into the thing. I didn't, wish I did. I might have to find a way to get one (or two) of those in my army. I don't fault the dwarf player for his tactics. Once he decided to bring the list he did (Anvil, 5 war machines and all thunderers) he basically had to do something similar in every game if he wanted to win. It's just not one of those armies that are fun for anyone to play against. Most people don't mind losing but they at least want to roll some dice in the process. The only dice I rolled was ward saves and a few artillery dice the whole game.

Cat Fashions:

You got kind of lucky with the O&G player, considering there’s no animosity roll that makes your units charge into each other (there’s one that 2 units that are both subject to animosity (which the mangler isn’t) do D6 St3 hits against each other, but that’s it) and you cannot charge manglers (or fanatics, for that matter).

To kill a mangler or fanatic, you just move through it during remaining moves. After the hits are dealt, you have the choice of either continuing your move or staying put. You pretty much need one idiot unit (khans work great for this) against O&G or its probably going to be a loss. While things like deathshriekers and flame cannons kill the manglers pretty quick, you’re doing your opponent a favor by wasting shooting on a 65 point unit while his deathstars and fanatic SUVs run across the board unhindered.

A tip for your next O&G game: As soon as night goblins flee for any reason, all fanatics they’re carrying die and never get to pop. Nuke goblin units out of the general’s ld bubble to both lose fanatics and (hopefully) start a chain reaction with the goblins that like to hang out on flanks!

khedyarl:

Strength on a mangler is 6, right? Could use an Iron Daemon to plow through, too, considering he’d need 5’s to wound?

tvandyke:

You got kind of lucky with the O&G player, considering there's no animosity roll that makes your units charge into each other (there's one that 2 units that are both subject to animosity (which the mangler isn't) do D6 St3 hits against each other, but that's it) and you cannot charge manglers (or fanatics, for that matter).

To kill a mangler or fanatic, you just move through it during remaining moves. After the hits are dealt, you have the choice of either continuing your move or staying put. You pretty much need one idiot unit (khans work great for this) against O&G or its probably going to be a loss. While things like deathshriekers and flame cannons kill the manglers pretty quick, you're doing your opponent a favor by wasting shooting on a 65 point unit while his deathstars and fanatic SUVs run across the board unhindered.

A tip for your next O&G game: As soon as night goblins flee for any reason, all fanatics they're carrying die and never get to pop. Nuke goblin units out of the general's ld bubble to both lose fanatics and (hopefully) start a chain reaction with the goblins that like to hang out on flanks!

Cat Fashions
He may have told me "move through" instead of "charge". Either way, you're right, Khans are almost a must have for things like this. In fact, I was really wishing I had one with a cheap magic weapon to go after things like spirit hosts. I found I was using my Taur'ruk for stuff like that which really isn't cost effective. That being said, if you don't have a Khan, you're almost forced to use the war machines or magic. Otherwise they're just too dangerous. One thing he did with his Night Goblins was line them up only 2 wide with the champ, standard in front and the level 4 in the second rank. It wasn't much a good target for a template, but I see what your saying. If they were in the normal formation, they'd be perfect for the Deathshriekers.

tvandyke:

Strength on a mangler is 6, right?  Could use an Iron Daemon to plow through, too, considering he'd need 5's to wound?

khedyarl
Yep, S6. It's dangerous. If you plow through, you take 3D6 S6 hits. On average that's about 2 to 3 wounds, however if he rolls well, it could easily be more. My Destroyer took 4 wounds on 2D6 hits (although I think he rolled 10 or 11) and I failed all my wards.

Cat Fashions:

Strength on a mangler is 6, right?  Could use an Iron Daemon to plow through, too, considering he'd need 5's to wound?

khedyarl
The Mangler, as long as its under your opponent's control, can simply bounce out of the way of the daemon (or through it, as if he rolls decently he can wipe out the daemon in one turn since the mangler's hits are -4 to save). If I was playing my O&G army and I saw an Iron Daemon on the table, I'd just send my wolf riders into it and tie it up for the entire game.

I wouldn't even play a Daemon against O&G, mainly because they have all sorts of answers for it (manglers, rock lobbas, cheap cav, incredibly beefy characters, etc). Khans and, if they're getting too close, magic missiles/flame cannons are the best way to get rid of manglers. For fanatics, is easier to force panic checks on their parent units via hellcannons and deathshriekers than to deal with the fanatics themselves.

khedyarl:

I’m thinking a hellbound Daemon is the way to deal with it, that way the Squig only wounds on sixes. Drive it up towards the Squig, and it has a twenty four inch threat with a gun that was designed to kill things like the Mangler. Bouncing through the daemon (at T8) is dangerous, since if it doesn’t move far enough, the Daemon can just pivot and six inch move its way over top of it. The Squig player has to choose a direction before he rolls, so it it’s trying to avoid the Daemon, the Daemon’s already doing its job.

Keeping in mind, using the Daemon in this way is only going to work if it is actually Hellbound.

Vardan Painkiller:

My first turn, I move my Destroyer away from his Spirit hosts
Doesnt it have magical attacks? It is a demon after all.

tvandyke:

My first turn, I move my Destroyer away from his Spirit hosts
Doesnt it have magical attacks? It is a demon after all.

Vardan Painkiller
It's treated as a daemon for attacks against it (life spells, etc), but doesn't get magical attacks itself, so a spirit host could tie it up all game.

Far2Casual:

Very interesting read sir, thank your for the effort.

Your report just confirmed things I was already thinking : Deathshriekers are insane and underrated, and Dwarves are a terrible, terrible matchup for their Chaos cousin.

Next day now :wink: