[Archive] Say the Magic words!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s an idea to unify some Chaos Dwarf gameplay when we go to GT or even amongst friends. This is just an idea I had for fun and you don’t actually have to use it.

Anyway, in all the movies, video and computer games, when the Wizards are going to cast their magic spells, they usually say some magic words.

I was thinking that this might be Kool (Or totally geeky) to do when we play Warhammer, seeing as the Orcs get the whole “WWWWWAAAGGGGHHHH!” thing.

Since spells would follow a loose gramatical pattern, I was thinking that the magic lores would start with a single group of words to let the caster know which lore they belonged to.

As we all know, CD’s can use the Fire, Metal, Shadow and Death lores.

So for the Fire Lore, I thought using the prefix - “Hil-dar” (Pronounced Hill-darh" would be good.) it could mean something like “Let me cast fire” or "Fire take form of…"

Next would be a suffix for the actual spell. I thought that “Gar-vey” (Pronounced “Garh-Veee”) would work for the fireball spell (Number 1). Gar-Vey could mean Fire Ball.

So, the spell to cast a fire ball would be “Hil-dar Gar-vey”.

What do you think of this idea? Can you guys and girls come up with some other ideas for the lores as well as the spells?

cornixt:

I think that the manager of the New York Hilton might have something to say about that!

Zanko:

Really funny!

But that’s not new!

In the German RPG “Das Schwarze Auge” (that means “the black eye”) the Sorcerers had to tell their spells loudly!

IMO that were always ridiculous! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So at Warhammer Tabletop that’s (IMO) also foolish …but that’s my own opinion!

:hashut