[Archive] Scribe's Contest V - Winners!

Admiral:

[align=center][/align]

Winners of Scribe’s Contest V: Blackest Infamy - Chaos Dwarfs in the Eyes of Others

“Pray they don’t take you alive…”

1st Place - Gold Scribe Winner: Entry #2 - Jackswift
2nd Place - Silver Scribe Winner: Entry #7 - Ikkred Pyrhelm
3rd Place - Bronze Scribe Winner: Entry #3 - Axtklinge

And an honourable mention to Entry #4 - Fuggit Khan! (Who trailed Bronze by one vote.)

The Entry Key!
You can share your love for each entry (found here) by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Hunter
02 - Jackswift
03 - Axtklinge
04 - Fuggit Khan
05 - Abecedar
06 - Rakhzul
07 - Ikkred Pyrhelm
08 - Admiral

Slaves and medals are incoming! If you wonder how many votes your entry received, PM me.

And now for the Gold prize, donated by Titan Wargames! The Gold winner receives one unpainted Grulka Blackhand miniature:

[align=center][/align]

The winner will be contacted shortly via PM or E-mail.

Also, Abecedar and Fuggit Khan has both participated in 5 rounds of Scribe’s Contest, earning each of them this tin Scribe’s Contest Veteran medal. You can do the same!

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Titan Wargames for providing the prize!

Can’t wait to see the entries in the blogs of everyone who entered. Also, please post them as new threads in the Stories and Background section of the CDO Forums. :wink:

That concludes the fifth instalment of Scribe’s Contest. It is a most valuable addition to the growing mass of Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin culture texts accumulated on CDO. Well done, everyone! The maintained high quality of entries is particularly positive this round, since many of the entrants were new to the forum. Great debut, folks!

Stay tuned for a special round of Artisan’s Contest around the corner.

The Staff

Ikkred Pyrhelm:

By the Horned Ra…I mean…by Hashut’s flame, three votes was nowhere near enough! I’m pretty gobsmacked I did as well as I did. Fantastic writing all around on a very interesting theme too!

Hats off to the writing staff for a top notch competition!

Cheers! :cheers

Abecedar:

well done everyone, especially the winners and the organisers.

Jackswift:

Congratulations to Ikkred Pyrhelm and Axtklinge! First thing I did this morning was check for the results. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Thanks to everyone who read, enjoyed and voted for the story, and Thanks to all the writers for these well crafted glimpses into the deepening Chaos Dwarf mythos. Cheers! JR

Fuggit Khan:

Congrats to the winners…i’m happy to see that two of my votes made it :cheers

And Jackswift…Holy Hashut! Your entry was superb! By far my most favorite of all stories entered from all five of the Scribes Contests.

Superb imagery…“the myriad of arcane symbols on strange towering hats” & “Stone rasped and crackled; granite mice skittering down the walls”…wonderful detailed descriptions that had me hooked :cheers

Axtklinge:

Wow, I got 3rd!

:hat off

Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry, and many congrats both to Jackswift and Ikkred Pyrhelm for their awesome entries!

Oh, and both thumbs up to Fuggit Khan entry, who was just one vote away from third.

:cheers

Cheers everyone!

A.

Jackswift:

A high compliment indeed, Mr. Fuggit Khan;

Rakkzul:

Congrats to the winners, it was very fun to take part in this :hat off