[Archive] Scribe's Contest XII - Winners!

Admiral:

[align=center]

Winners of Scribe’s Contest XII: Malevolent Mariners

"Yarr Vyxa!"[/align]

1st Place - Gold Scribe Winner: Entry #3 - Fuggit Khan
2nd Place - Silver Scribe Winner: Entry #5 - Uther the unhinged
3rd Place - Bronze Scribe Winner: Entry #6 - Ikkred Pyrhelm

Also, an honourable mention to Hashoooot, Reaver of Uzkulak and Jasko, who all trailed bronze by one vote. Tough and even voting this round! Should anyone have received a Scribe’s Veteran Medal by entering 5 Scribe’s Contests, please PM me.

The Entry Key!
You can share your love for each entry (found here) by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 �?" Gargolock
02 �?" Hashoooot
03 - Fuggit Khan
04 - Reaver of Uzkulak
05 - Uther the unhinged
06 - Ikkred Pyrhelm
07 - Admiral
08 - Jasko
09 - Jackswift
10 - Abecedar

Slaves and medals are incoming! If you wonder how many votes your entry received, PM me.

And now for the Gold prize, from Zanko. The Gold winner receives one unpainted Daemonsmith:

[align=center][/align]

The winner will be contacted shortly via PM or E-mail.

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted!

Please post the entries as new threads (or posts in your own threads) in the Stories and Background section of the CDO Forums. :wink:

That concludes the twelfth instalment of Scribe’s Contest. It is a most valuable addition to the growing mass of Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin culture texts accumulated on CDO. Well done, everyone!

Next up: Artisan’s Contest!

The Staff

Admiral:

Doodled an icon for my entry, being a fable written by the hateful enemies of Infernal Dwarves in the Ninth Age: The light-worshipping Ethiopian fantasy Dwarves of Kegiz Gavem:

[align=center]

The Infernal Dwarf Captain and the Stone Ship, by Karhemaq Telltongue[/align]

There was once an Infernal Dwarf captain serving aboard an ironclad warship. He was a cruel soul hungering for the chance to domineer and crush others underhoof. He was also known for his tenacity, and many believed that he would let nothing stop him once he had put his mind to the task.

One day, the lookout of this Infernal Dwarf’s ironclad caught sight of one of our stone ships, flying the banners of Kegiz Gavem in broad daylight. The captain of the steel ship was gripped by a desire to board or sink this enemy vessel, and so he roared out orders on deck and set to the task of sea warfare with vomiting smokestacks. Paddle wheels steamed him closer, swinging in for a broadside, and he ordered his crew to open up with artillery fire.

Yet the Infernal Dwarf had the worst of this duel, and our barrage worsted him. And so he roared out orders to board us. Paddle wheels steamed him closer, and grappling hooks gripped our stout railing. And he ordered his crew to assault us.

Yet the Infernal Dwarf had the worst of this combat, and our warriors worsted him. And so he roared out orders to disengage and ram us instead. Paddle wheels backed water for him, and then steamed him onward at full speed. And he ordered his crew to brace for impact.

Yet the Infernal Dwarf had the worst of this ramming action, and our rock hull worsted him so badly that his metal hull creaked and ripped open as rivets popped. And the whole ironclad sank with all hands, except for the Infernal Dwarf captain.

And so he swam toward us, and our merciful warriors produced a rope-ladder for him to climb and thus save his life if he swore to surrender to the victors of naval battle.

Yet the enraged Infernal Dwarf captain refused this offer, and instead started to crash his horned head against our carved stone hull like a mad bull, throwing himself against floating rock again and again until his horns broke and his skull cracked and his brains burst. And so we left the Infernal Dwarf’s corpse dishonourably for the sharks to devour. For stubbornness is a virtue, but stupidity is a sin.

- The Infernal Dwarf Captain and the Stone Ship, by Karhemaq Telltongue, mutilated war veteran and author of fables in Kegiz Gavem

Jasko:

What a great contest, and very deserving winners! :hat off

Thanks to anyone who voted for my story, an honour trailing these great entries.

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Well deserved! Congrats to the winners! :hat off

tjub:

Congrats!

Sadly I didn’t have time to read them all before the contest was over… But they’ve all been very inspiring! :hat off

Ikkred Pyrhelm:

Returns from the Wastes

Hoy there all, it’s been a while! :smiley:

As always, stellar work from you behatted dwarf-things and the scribe-lords running this. And many thanks to everyone who voted for my entry, much appreciated! :hat off

Congrats to the winner-meat, and am looking forward to the next one! :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Congrats to the winners! :hat off

:hashut

Fuggit Khan:

Yarr, Pirate Treasure for the Gold :cheers

Thank you gentlemen for your votes, I was quite surprised that I won, considering all the other great stories from everyone else. And I would like to respectfully donate my prize of the unpainted Daemonsmith to Jasko, because I love his story of Hobgoblin treachery (not to mention that my Thai mailing address is ridiculously long to write, it’s practically another story in its own right).

Thanks again to everyone, and a special thanks to Zanko for donating the prize!

Cheers, and beware of one eyed Hobgoblins drinking grog :cheers

…Fuggit Khan only has one eye…

Uther the unhinged:

A well deserved win Fuggit! You got my vote. Mind you there were so many great entries. I was surprised to be in the top three so thanks to all who voted for me.

Jasko:

Yarr, Pirate Treasure for the Gold  :cheers
Thank you gentlemen for your votes, I was quite surprised that I won, considering all the other great stories from everyone else. And I would like to respectfully donate my prize of the unpainted Daemonsmith to Jasko, because I love his story of Hobgoblin treachery (not to mention that my Thai mailing address is ridiculously long to write, it's practically another story in its own right).
Thanks again to everyone, and a special thanks to Zanko for donating the prize!
Cheers, and beware of one eyed Hobgoblins drinking grog  :cheers
...Fuggit Khan only has one eye...

Fuggit Khan
Wow, errr, I don't know what to say, except a huge thank you very much, this is incredibly generous! :hat off

Jackswift:

Very well earned gentlemen! :hat off A fun contest to be a part of

Hashoooot:

Well done everybody! I graciously concede victory to my excellent competitors!

Gargolock:

Congrats to the winners! This was very fun to be a part of. Can�?Tt wait for the next one.