[Archive] Seige games

Abecedar:

Has anyone played or toyed with a CD army for seige lately?

Our club has a game organised for mid february. So far the defenders, 2000pts ea, are Vanilla dwarfs ( x 2) and brettonians. And 3000pts ea of attackers. Myself with CD’s, one of ogres and another possibly O&G.

I can field almost everything, but I will have to jury rig a dreadquake, seige giant or skullcracker if they are better options.

tjub:

We’ve only played one siege, not with CDs though… But Im rather sure that the attacker and defender use the same points.

Bloodbeard:

What rules should be used for siege? I would like to try a siege games. CDs must be one of the best armies for that job. Many warmachines and tough as nails grunts.

tjub:

There are rules in Blood in the Badlands.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Rules in Blood int he Badlands essentially are - treat each section as a building. Simple enough :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve used them in a handful of siege games (more Ravening Hordes than Legion of Azgorh) - defending we’re pretty lethal as they waltz up to hordes of guns. Offence - we’re better at killing models inside the building than taking the building directly.

Abecedar:

I have the Generals Compendium and the OOP Seige Rulebook to them to run the game with.

I don’t have the newer “blood in badlands” book.

Attackers get to have more points than defenders. I’ll check but I’m pretty sure its double