[Archive] selling 10 blundies and army book ( ebay )

gIL^:

thought the big hat lovers will like this

i have bought to many cds for my army im selling a few

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=290209157500&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=290209151138&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

non cd items warrenting a look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=290209144475&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI
goblins

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=290209147648&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI
orcs army book

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=290209154110&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI
warhammer roleplay 1st ed

gIL^:

swsnbn is winning and i really dont want to sell them to her but ill have to if no one goes for them :frowning:

please dont let her win i would rather sell them to people that need them

Pyro Stick:

You could of blocked her from bidding btw. There is a place where you can block members from all your auctions. She is blocked from all of mine.

gIL^:

can you block her from my current ones thats shes already bidded on? thx for letting me know

Pyro Stick:

Well if you added her to your banned users list i dont know what would happen since she has already bid. its worth a try though. Ban bikilincto while you are at it and any other of those vultures. If you had any 3rd edition i would add insanitybyte. Just search ‘Ban Users’ or something in help on ebay.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

is it not a bit of bad form to try to ban other gamers from bidding on ebay items, would you like it if other people were trying to ban you from bidding on thier items???

just because you dont like people outbidding you on stuff, how do you think others feel when you out bid them. Ebay is an auction site, not ban competing bidders site

gIL^:

i dont care that swsnbn wins auctions, but what she does with them, strip the minis down and sell them for like £10 each?!! if you cant see anything wrong with that your on the wrong forum :stuck_out_tongue:

plus she says she downs it to get her son through college, i doubt it. shes an ebay vulture that buys to make a profit.

in other industrys its common to see buy and sell at a profit, even your corner shop does this but to make it blatently obvious is giving you and ebay a bad name.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

gil, my post was about pyros one about banning gamers - according to ebay profile - like insanitybyte from bidding on ebay stuff

swsnbn is completely evil imho in what shes doing but shes not a gamer and is doing it for pure profit not to collect models to game with

i should have made it clear about which post i was replying to, sorry

Pyro Stick:

gil, my post was about pyros one about banning gamers - according to ebay profile - like insanitybyte from bidding on ebay stuff

swsnbn is completely evil imho in what shes doing but shes not a gamer and is doing it for pure profit not to collect models to game with

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
....Are you serious? Insanitybyte sells the CD mage in his ebay shop for £40!! Id rather sell my models to someone that would appreciate having them. Not to someone that will probably just buy it because they have the money. From the amount of Chaos dwarfs that insanitybyte and others have bought they must have at least, or probably more than, 6000 point armies.

hashuts lil helper:

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
....Are you serious? Insanitybyte sells the CD mage in his ebay shop for £40!! Id rather sell my models to someone that would appreciate having them. Not to someone that will probably just buy it because they have the money. From the amount of Chaos dwarfs that insanitybyte and others have bought they must have at least, or probably more than, 6000 point armies.

Pyro Stick
does this imply that having 6000 points of 3rd edition CDs is too many? I probably have over 8000, yet am still not satisfied, what if I sell some? does that mean I cannot buy others later. What if I sell them to bu some that I don't have(admittedly only the A$$cannon)? This is worrisome. If I ever sell mine you won't crucify me will you?

gIL^:

no he means, thats hes bought around 6000pts and sold them off basically

and yes 8000 pts is to much :stuck_out_tongue:

GRNDL:

I think the point they are trying to make is that there are only a finite number of old CD models and some unscrupulous (or enterprising, depending on your PoV) is buying out as much old stock as possible to re-sell at higher prices. The net result of this is more profit and higher costs for serious players (as collectors do not general want 10-20+ of a specific model) thus driving newcomers interested in a “ready built, non-converted” army away from an already plagued theme. All Pyro and gIL^ are saying that these actions artificially inflate the price for CD models and they don’t want to encourage it if they can help it.

Some of the models being sold are at ludicrous prices, even by collector’s standards. I’ve dropped a lot of $$ on minis before and I’m balking at a lot of the prices I see.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

no he means, thats hes bought around 6000pts and sold them off basically

and yes 8000 pts is to much :P

gIL^
having a look at his ebay sales for the last 6 months, he has not sold any chaos dwarfs at all and only has 2 on his ebay at the moment

Willmark:

Recap my feelings here about said practice:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5499

In short I have no problems with people who actually want to USE or perhaps even collect CD models. If one’s sole purpose is to make ridiculous to insane profit margins… then said individual deserves all the bad karma coming their way. Karma is a b@tch, and she has a wry sense of humor to boot.

Can’t be upset with people not taking kindly to said practice, its human nature.