[Archive] Selling: Admiralty Miniatures

Darkmeer:

I am curious, are the war booty and taming of the wildman similarly scaled to the Ancient Statue of End Times, or are they more in line with classic big hats?  I want them all regardless, but I’m curious.

Admiral:

Good question! Size comparison shots uploaded in first post and the announcement threads.
They’re closer to the statue than to usual 28mm miniatures, so they’re 32mm-scale-ish. It seems it’ll still be a while before I get the size right when sculpting, but I hope this slight gigantism is not much of an issue in the meanwhile.

Jackswift:

They’ll make good diorama or special character models. They would also size up nicely with a metal 1st version Russian Alternative Great Weapon unit which are also intentionally slightly oversize.

Zanko:

The stuff arrived today! :smiley:

Everything is o.k., great stuff dude! :cheers

:hashut

Enjoysrandom:

Love the sculpts, purchased a couple cant wait to paint them!:hat off

Darkmeer:

I received my War Booty and Taming of the Wildman yesterday.

They are amazing sculpts, the casts are of excellent quality, and the hats (I’m going with the onion hat on the priestess) are amazingly detailed. Resin was definitely the way to go on those, and the excellent quality of the casting really shows. They will fit right in with the Animated Dwarf Statue of Ancient Times.

Admiral:

Thanks for the kind words! Zealot are very good at translating details through sculpt via master and production mould. Good to hear that deliveries continues to show up without incident or damage. Always good to be able to trust the postal service. :slight_smile:

Admiral:

The Animated Dwarf Statue of Ancient Times has been restocked and is now up for sale once more.

Enjoysrandom:

G’day Guys

Figured I would upload a picture or two of some of the units I have painted from Admirals, Dwarfs of Ancient Times range. (I cant seem to attach / insert the image directly into the post but this link should work? but might change/be deleted in the future… I R NOOB…)

I plan to have all of them painted but just the one Dawi Zharr here took me at least 5-7 hours to paint… I need to speed up I know… But I will get there.

Group so far:

Dawi Zharr:

Captive

Saytar

Slave 1

Slave 2

Hope you guys enjoy the photos, Also you should all buy a set of Dwarfs from Ancient Times, great quality and adds real unique flavor to the army. My Astrogoth rebellion now has a sizable and important looking scribe to take down his every command and my Overlords now have Sorceresses to accompany them with with matching big hats. Once I get my hands on a Dwarven Idol lot from Impact Miniatures my army will be well themed.

Great Stuff Admiral keep up the great work and keep the highly detailed sculpts coming.

Enjoysrandom.

Enjoysrandom:

And just to spam his thread some more, here is a photo of the statue I converted and painted a while ago, but sat up all night waiting on an eBay auction repainting parts of it. I reckon it turned out alright so here it is.

Living Statue:

Also because I’m not sure how to insert the photo, just right click these icons and open in new tab, seems to work.

Carcearion:

Received several Animated Dwarf Statues of Ancient Times earlier this week, love the sculpts! All around great miniatures with tons of potential uses.

Ikkred Pyrhelm:

Warbooty and another fleet of ships arrived today.

Your pictures really don’t do the models justice, as the detail work is far more fantastic. Clear favourites for me are the Scribe and the basket of potatoes. The Scribe’s details, especially his hat, are gorgeous.

There are a couple bubble pockmarks and the usual (but very minor) mould lines, but this isn’t such a big deal.

Very fine work, Admiral! :slight_smile:

Enjoysrandom:

Evil Dwarfs of Ancient Times - War Booty

Its a great set and I love the Assyrian feel to it all, Hopefully I can carry this style over the Top Hat regiments in my Army.

I don’t think I can get quite the same paint job onto the old GW Dwai’Zharr big hats but I will try.

Hopefully soon I will have the Taming the Wildman set completed and some photos up.

Also just as a throw in,

I have repainted this guy a few times and re-based him just as many…

I wanted him too look like hes half succumbed to the curse of Hashut.

I also added some magnets in his hand to swap out what hes doing, and attached some small chain to his feet and tried to make him look tethered  as to stop his rampaging? I figure a Dawi that big still moving when hes half obsidian must need restraints.

Keep on sculpting Admiral! We need a cylinder seal sculpted by you :stuck_out_tongue:

Could try sculpting something on a flat surface, wetting it then softly rolling greenstuff over it, sure Zealot Miniatures could cast great detail out of it and a small 2 inch high seal wouldn’t break the bank, your hat details are pretty much there.

:cheers :hat off :cheers :hat off :cheers :hat off

Admiral:

Striking results of your labours! The choice of colours and the crisp paintjobs showcase these miniatures way better than anything I could ever hope to achieve myself. Now I know how they look like other than in green and grey, and your colourful version of them is stunning!

Very well done, particularly on the scribe! His paintjob is spot-on. The chained Sorcerer-Prophet have great colours as well. I’ll update Ebay auctions and sales threads with your finished War Booty kit. Looking forward to see how you tamed Enkidu, and thanks for the kind words!

I might give a cylinder seal a go with the method you just described, but not very soon I’m afraid. I’ve got to figure out how to make a full 360 degrees roll of the cylinder to produce a decent repeatable pattern that you can just continue to roll out over a straight stretch in one smooth motion. Perhaps just better sculpt some flat fresque patterns, roll and remove/add to the meeting end lines until it produces a clean continuation roll. Such a small pin roll sure wouldn’t break the bank, and I’d like to try it later on even though sales could be expected to be low. :slight_smile:

Fuggit Khan:

Evil Dwarfs of Ancient Times - War Booty

Enjoysrandom
:o
Whoa...superb!

Bloodbeard:

I love the look on that petrified sorcerer face! It looks like his just about to petrify completely, that look in his eye. “You messed up my spell goblin! I’ll rip you apart, even if it’s the last thing I ever… damn!”

Enjoysrandom:

Here is the Taming of the Wildman set. Great set to paint and a compliment to my army. Highly recommended guys defiantly worth the purchase. How on earth you sculpt the tiny details of Dawi’Zharr and Taurus on the hats and shoulders amazes me.

Once I have a few of the Dwarven/Assyrian themed artifacts painted from the Zealot Miniatures set I will post them here too, they are great sculpts. The Hammurabi stele and Venus of Willendorf stand out from the packs. Never stop sculpting Admiral! Great Work!

Forgefire:

Looks really great! Nice paintjob

Fuggit Khan:

Brilliant paint job! These are true beauties to admire <3

The colors you’ve used on the shield is stunning, flawless and nothing short of beautiful. I’m sending you slaves :hat off

Malorndk:

Holy Hashut that is a crisp paintjob!

Lovely models.

Does the satyr have en erection while being captured and tortured? That seems a little… kinky :wink: