[Archive] "Selling Chaos Dwarfs" continue. For whom it may concern

Rubbit:

Well, since the last thread got locked without me even having a decent chance of defending myself I figured out that I could at least try to answer the questions/allegations before moderator deem me unappropriate for the forums.

First, I really understand the guys saying that I should have more patience, post some pictures etc. And I do thank them for their encouragement.

Secondly, I understand that the market isn’t a place for discussions other than trading/selling/buying. I apologize for that.

Third. The original post was merely a way to “scout” the forums for a potential buyer and giving them a proper chance of getting them before they end up on vulturebay -at a reasonable price-. I just want back what I spent getting them.

Fourth. I waited a couple of days getting a bunch of PM’s about separate parts of the collection. And the reply’s to the topic was basically either encouragement to wait, or ppl saying that they “might” be interested.

So, after getting a couple of PM’s that meant I could sell ALL the miniatures just to a couple of different people I figured out that I could at least get an honest try.

What the first guy wanted was:

4 x Mounted hobogoblin’s great condition only primed black ONCE.

2 x Mounted hobgoblin heroes, one of them missing cloak and quiver.

1 x Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower, complete and painted well above tabletop standard.

His serious bid on these items were 110 SEK. Roughly Around 10 quid.

I know it’s silly to get frustrated over a simple PM, but isn’t it human to err?

After a couple of more rather ridiculous PM’s I got so frustrated at one person saying that “It was better if I could PM him since he so rarely checks the forums” and that’s after saying that he only was interested in

a single part of the collection.

Well, frustrated(silly I know) I couldn’t understand at first what the difference between checking out a forumpost and clicking on “Private Messages”. Que flamewar.

And all this after I posted that I really didn’t want to split the army up.

@ The comment about me not being reliable since I didn’t have paypal. I -did- write that I could arrange paypal for safe transfer.

Well, that’s the rant.

If I have offended anyone I sincerely apologize. And if I was stupid enough to think that the bid above was ridiculous I guess that’s all in the eye of the beholder.

At least I did get a proper chance to defend myself. Hopefully the moderator will lock this post before it all ends up in a flamewar.

yours truly

Peter Malm

Pyro Stick:

If you knew exactly what prices you wanted you could have at least posted the price you wanted for each model and saved yourself the hassle of getting low offers. You are much more likely to sell each piece seperately. Not mnay people will have the money to buy all your models at the price you want.

Rubbit:

Thing is, I don’t know the exact prices I want for htem. In sweden there isn’t alot of buyers when it comes to chaos dwarves. But the prices are sky high.

I’ve probably spent roughly around 85 quid on those models. Guess I spent too much in the first place.

Well, that’s that.

Pyro Stick:

Thing is, I don't know the exact prices I want for htem. In sweden there isn't alot of buyers when it comes to chaos dwarves. But the prices are sky high.

I've probably spent roughly around 85 quid on those models. Guess I spent too much in the first place.

Well, that's that.

Rubbit
I would say you spent almost double what you should have. Check the going rates thread:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5551

Willmark:

I’ve been digging around with some other folks you have had interactions with that’s why the other thread remained locked.

You have done a fair job explaining yourself here so I wont go into that further, suffice of to say had you been clearer it would have been a non issue.

Also selling in a massive lot is one thing but most people need units rather then whole armies.

As to payment its whatever the market will bear, but bear in mind if you over pay and then admit it its not the job of the next seller to recoup your cost.

As to going rates… it depends, CD values have been waaay over priced for years.

Lastly having PayPal (at least clearly explained) and pictures are a must for any internet transaction and are essentially non-starters if you don’t.

With that said welcome to CDO.

Rubbit:

@ Willmark. That being said, could I ask you the favor to unlock the other thread and delete all posts in it so I can start from scratch?

And please explain to me how I have -1 slaves:S

Anyway, when It comes to prices it has mostly been from buying separate parts all over. And since the swedish market is prett strange i.e. “regular” newly produced figures like the new demonettes and all other new boxed sets is 50% of market price when you trade/sell/buy them. Whilst older and more “hard to get” ones like Dogs of War and Chaos dwarfs costs huge amounts.

So, a box of 10 plaguebearers for an example costs 450 SEK. Wouldn’t that amount for 10 blunderbusses be pretty much the same?

I guess there’s alot of different threads and discussions about the prices. But wouldn’t something old and OOP at least be worth the same as something you can get in the store that has the same number of troops and are made out of the same material?

Willmark:

I’m looking into the Market rep feed back you received as it is a bit of a puzzle; Market Rep is used for trades, selling, etc. Not for personal comments so stay tuned for it.

As far as unlocking and deleting your posts… I wouldn’t worry about it, make good quality posts and be a helpful member of the community and people will forget about it.

As far as trading pics are the most helpful; buying sight unseen will put off a lot of people; plus consider breaking it up rather then selling the entire army at once. This will help you recopye cost as you can generally sell units for a higher price then an entire army.

Auretious Taak:

So, a box of 10 plaguebearers for an example costs 450 SEK. Wouldn't that amount for 10 blunderbusses be pretty much the same?

I guess there's alot of different threads and discussions about the prices. But wouldn't something old and OOP at least be worth the same as something you can get in the store that has the same number of troops and are made out of the same material?

Rubbit
I'd like to comment here to say that no the amount wouldn't be the same in most cases, because you can still buy Plaguebearers for example in the shops, whereas Chaos dwarves are all either self sculpted/converted or brought second hand off of ebay et al. You would expect to get at least as much as the equivalent in current ed models available for the OOP ones and I would hope you could get more for them, but again it gets down to market demand. It fluctuates, but nothing can be assured. Individual bits sell for more then a whole army in most cases, it's teh same with whole sets of stuff as opposed to individual parts like cards from CCG;'s et al, the classic example of a set worth $120US but 2 of those cards by themselves sell for $100 US each individually.

Yous ay you don't know how much you want for each piece, well sit down, figure out what you paid for them and how much profit youw ould like to make on them and then stick up prices here and let the bartering begin. :)

Cheers,

Luke.

Rubbit:

Well, since it’s going to sell these things I figured I’d trade some other stuff that aren’t as interesting as Chaos Dwarves, so, incoming in my mailbox I’m getting 2 Bull Centaurs, one In mint condiction, meaning just assembled. A standard bearer I think. And the other right in the blister, opened unfortunately, but still in it.

Anyone got any good ideas of what those two could be worth? Hopefully won’t need pictures for them:)

tjub:

The easiest way for you to go would be Tradera.se but I think photos will raise the odds for you there too. Id say that you’d get about 75 sekr each. CDs arent that hard to find here actually…

EDIT: If you want to sell them international, have a look at Pyro’s list for resonable prices… But after all its between you and the buyer, so name a price and see.

As far as myself, I wouldnt buy without a pic unelss I know the seller from before.

Rubbit:

Pictures coming soon