[Archive] Shar�?Ttor the Executioner - Has this been seen before?

Thommy H:

Time for another episode of… Shart or Fart! Let’s meet the contestants!

Skink:

…Ok, I am not getting it. And I am too lazy to google. What does “Shar’tor” sound like in English ;)???

Dînadan:

....Ok, I am not getting it. And I am too lazy to google. What does "Shar'tor" sound like in English ;)???

Skink
Like the past participle of a cirtain bodily function.

Xander:

Everytime I see gigantic Bull Centaurs, I am reminded that Iskur Cinderhat was so far ahead of the curve!

fonejaker:

For an idea of scale here is the deamonsmith they use for scale and a normal chaos dwarf… shitor = big

Admiral:

For anyone with scale issues, just imagine the Daemonsmith to be mutated, a freak of nature, gifted by Hashut, tainted by Bull Centaur blood through unholy union, or hybridized with Ogre.

Sometimes it’s sweet to be a life-long scale analphabet (despite working and hobbying with things requiring exactitude and measurements for all my life…). You hardly care about size fluctuation throughout your collection if your eye-measurement is lousy to boot. :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

Scale =/= size

Scale =/= size

Scale =/= size

He’s big because he’s a model representing a big creature. No mental gymnastics required.

Admiral:

The Daemonsmith is also big because it’s sculpted in line with the AoS range size boost. As usual with scale/size comparisons between different manufacturers and editions, some might think such a difference unsuitable in a collection of WHFB dwarfs for scale/size reasons. Mental gymnastics won’t hurt. Some men are born big, and that would be true among Dwarfs as well, especially Chaotic ones.

wallacer:

The deamonsmith is only avalable at there store in nottingham. Shartor is up for grabs at warhammer fest and then online after. If any of you want the deamonsmith let me know and il pick some up when i next go (its only like 40mins away)

fonejaker
That would be great. Feel free to add on a surcharge for your time, effort and petrol.

Once you have the figure PM me your PayPal details.

wallacer:

The deamonsmith is only avalable at there store in nottingham. Shartor is up for grabs at warhammer fest and then online after. If any of you want the deamonsmith let me know and il pick some up when i next go (its only like 40mins away)

fonejaker
Such an offer is definitely worth some slaves, I feel.

Thommy H:

The Daemonsmith is also big because it's sculpted in line with the AoS range size boost.
AoS is the same scale! He's just bigger because he's a hero model and the guy next to him in that photo is a crewman.

As you say, it doesn't matter to many of us if they are a slightly different scale, but for the sake of those that do care about such things, the newer models are the same size and scale as the old ones. Bloodreavers are the same size as Marauders, Fyreslayers are the same size as the old dwarfs, etc. etc.

cornixt:

....Ok, I am not getting it. And I am too lazy to google. What does "Shar'tor" sound like in English ;)???

Skink
NSFW:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sharter

Skink:

NSFW:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sharter

cornixt
Hah, I had actually googled it as soon as I read your comment :D.

Still, me no cares how big bull kills peepal, me wants him to win battles fer me!

cornixt:

It looks really nice, although i have reservations about the face area. Would have been nicer to see the scale of him next to a BC Render model to see how much larger he is than the regular models.

Vogon:

I like it and will probably get one when it goes on general release. It’s substantially bigger than the other Bull Centaurs.

Unfortunately due to some long standing commitments this is the first year I will be going to neither Warhammer Fest nor Forge World open day this year.

Still next visit to Wahammer World I’ll definitely be getting the Daemonsmith.

Cheers

Vogon

fonejaker:

I reckon with a new hat, bigger beard and some heads ( derp he is the Executioner) he will be good, hopefully got a buddy going to pick me one up.

Admiral:

and some heads

fonejaker
Good call!

Darkmeer:

I like it with some caveats. I would really like a giant, daemonic Chaos Dwarf face, rather than the mask. Something that big needs an expressive face. To me, the mask is actually lazy design work (nothing against masks, but larger centerpieces NEED that difference). Given the “smaller” bull centaurs have faces, albeit ones I also don’t like, IF I were to purchase this, it would be heavily converted (beyond my current skill level).

I would very likely find someone to sculpt the head I want, along with a proper beard and some serious indications he is the executioner. Perhaps smashing a gallows or guillotine.

Grimstonefire:

That daemonsmith has some huge boots!?!?

Resculpt those and he’s a more reasonable scale.

Jackswift:

...and some serious indications he is the executioner.  Perhaps smashing a gallows or guillotine.

Darkmeer
Build a gallows on his back like a samurai would wear a Sashimono.