[Archive] Shedu Head Size

Loidrial:

I couldnt find the size of the head, anyone who owns it can tell me?

It is for a future project for the destroyer. :hat off

Bloodbeard:

Loidrial
Somewhere in the blogs are a nice army with a giant given the shedu head. Fits proportionally perfect on the giant.

Loidrial:

Loidrial
Somewhere in the blogs are a nice army with a giant given the shedu head. Fits proportionally perfect on the giant.

Bloodbeard
yeah i know, i saw them.
what i wanna do is use the body of the maulerfiend without his neck and the head of shedu, like a sort of mechanized lammasu/gorilla, but noone did it so IDk how it can looks like.
This is why i needed the size of it.

Bloodbeard:

i

Loidrial

Bloodbeard
yeah i know, i saw them.

what i wanna do is use the body of the maulerfiend without his neck and the head of shedu, like a sort of mechanized lammasu/gorilla, but noone did it so IDk how it can looks like.

Loidrial
Buy the head! You can use it on a siege giant some day or a second lamassu.

Loidrial:

i

Loidrial

Bloodbeard
yeah i know, i saw them.

Loidrial

Bloodbeard
Siege Giant for destroyer? Feels lame.
ahahah 2 lammasu xD Is it still good to play it? If i could find a maulerfiend to a lower price I woundnt think twice of it, but 50+ euro for it, gosh NOPE! :mad

Bloodbeard:

i

Loidrial

Bloodbeard
yeah i know, i saw them.

Loidrial

Bloodbeard
Siege Giant for destroyer? Feels lame.
ahahah 2 lammasu xD Is it still good to play it? If i could find a maulerfiend to a lower price I woundnt think twice of it, but 50+ euro for it, gosh NOPE! :mad

Loidrial
I think it'll fit to the maulerfiend great and with very limited (to no) green stuff needed.

Malorndk:

The shedu head is somewhere between a smaller giant head our large ogre head. But its really beautiful

Loidrial:

The shedu head is somewhere between a smaller giant head our large ogre head. But its really beautiful

Malorndk
any size comparison with the original lammasu head?

Abecedar:

Just happen to have both on the painting table awaiting more inspiration

the outside width of the horns is almost exactly the same. though the shedu’s are not quite as long
the hair on top the same height from the head
the lammasu beard is slightly broader by 2-3mm a little bit longer overall
except for the longest centre braid of beard on the shedu which is 2 or 3 mm longer
physically the lammasu’s face/head appears quite a bit more broader / thicker

Loidrial:

Thx for the info and pic. I didnt expected to.be.smaller. Today I go to gw milan hoping they have a maulerfienda model to show.

Im bit concerned on the final result.

rabotak:

I built my destroyer with the shedu-head and the maulerfiend - it looks quite well.

TheLazySamurai:

Since you already have a good size comparison, I’ll just add that the back of the head is just a round ball starting after the hair you see on the front of the model.  You may have to add some additional detail depending on what you are attaching the head to.  I made some green stuff twisted hair/ horns to make the head look more full on my destroyer, see below. Good luck with your modeling! :hat off

The Lazy Samurai

Loidrial:

I built my destroyer with the shedu-head and the maulerfiend - it looks quite well.

rabotak
Any pic of it? I was hoping to be the 1st here do to so :(

Since you already have a good size comparison, I'll just add that the back of the head is just a round ball starting after the hair you see on the front of the model. You may have to add some additional detail depending on what you are attaching the head to. I made some green stuff twisted hair/ horns to make the head look more full on my destroyer, see below. Good luck with your modeling! :hat off

The Lazy Samurai

TheLazySamurai
yeah I saw your great model some time ago, you gave me the idea of using the head on the maulerfiend!

rabotak:

I can't believe it. After hundred years the Marmot and my compatriot is back. Shock

Welcome!
was I gone? ;)  
lets just say i´ve been busy.
Any pic of it? I was hoping to be the 1st here do to so Sad
I´m pretty sure neither of us has been the first! I´ll post up a picture tonight, as soon as I get home (and figure out my old imageshack-login...)

edit: there you go!

Abecedar:

Krasses Biest!...er...I mean fierce beast! I'm not a fan of so much legs and I'm not really sure if the Shedu head fits on it but it looks frightening and daemonic mechanical enough to say it's a good K'daai Destroyer.

Herby
Ditto. It don't look too bad at all

rabotak:

thanks for the kind words! it´s quite a simple conversion, but it suits my needs (since I´m not counting on the FW-Destroyer anymore).

I wouldn´t even use it if it weren´t for the End Times (to keep the crazy stuff in check :wink: )

looking back I think I might have shortened the neck a bit more so the head would be nearer to the torso, but thats me being nitpicky.

Loidrial:

thanks for the kind words! it´s quite a simple conversion, but it suits my needs (since I´m not counting on the FW-Destroyer anymore).
I wouldn´t even use it if it weren´t for the End Times (to keep the crazy stuff in check ;) )
looking back I think I might have shortened the neck a bit more so the head would be nearer to the torso, but thats me being nitpicky.

rabotak
I was thinking to not use the neck at all and make a sort of gorilla looking stuff using only 2 legs and 2 arms.
When the time will be i will post it.
Thx for the pic, worked as expected.

Roark:

I love it. It’s unique and steam-y and Hashutesque. Good proportions.