[Archive] Shooty Army or Vampires 8 ed

Lord Archaon:

Our local gaming centre will hold a 8ed tournament in october and i haven’t dicided yet what army to use. I have 3 major armies Chaos Dwarfs, Vampire Counts and Orcs.

Vampire army list summary:

50 Ghoul horde

20 skeletons

2 units of Wraiths with Banshees

6 fell Bats

Vampire Lord with Death Lore and Ghoulkin on a Hellsteed with Carstein Ring

Vampire BSB

Necromancer in a Corpse Cart with Macabre
Chaos Dwarf army list summary:
2 Earthshakers

6 Bolt Throwers

3 Death Rockets

20 Hobbos with Bows and full command

41 Naked Hobbos with boss and a standard

53 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (shield and hand weapon)

CD Sorcerer Lord (4 lvl Lore of Death )Talisman of Preservation, Dispell Scroll

CD Hero BSB with Armour of Silvered Steel

CD Lord Armour of Gazrakh, Ogre Blade, Luckstone
Which one do You prefer? Do You have any advice to improve the army list?

Thanks in advance

:hat off

Baggronor:

Vampire Lord with Death Lore and Ghoulkin on a Hellsteed with Carstein Ring
Interesting. Does he do well? I assume he launches the Purple Sun nuke down the flank of the enemy army lol.
Necromancer in a Corpse Cart with Macabre
Not sure he's worth it anymore. Even with Strength 2 Thunderstomp :rolleyes:
53 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (shield and hand weapon)
In 2 units I hope? Go great weapons if you can (guessing that the models have hand weapons though?).
CD Sorcerer Lord (4 lvl Lore of Death )Talisman of Preservation, Dispell Scroll
I'm not sure about Death on a CD Sorcerer. I know Spirit Leech is very good but a Purple Sun misfire could lose you the game ;) Shadow is a nice alternative, the teleport ability is v handy for a M3 Sorcerer.

I'd say the vamps are the better list, the war machines in the CD list look hard to protect. You might want to drop a few things and get some more troops.

Lord Archaon:

Thanks

Interesting. Does he do well? I assume he launches the Purple Sun nuke down the flank of the enemy army lol.

Baggronor
Mainly he tries to kill enemy heroes with Spirit Leach and Fate of Bjuna, i played 2 games with him and so far he got 5 enemy heroes killed. :slight_smile:
Not sure he’s worth it anymore. Even with Strength 2 Thunderstomp :rolleyes:
Yeah, the only reason i took him was to carry a dispell scroll and Scroll of Shielding
I’m not sure about Death on a CD Sorcerer. I know Spirit Leech is very good but a Purple Sun misfire could lose you the game :wink: Shadow is a nice alternative, the teleport ability is v handy for a M3 Sorcerer
Haven’t tried Shadow Lore yet, only Fire and Death, and Death Lore combined with good roll on dice can win you victory on the 2-3 turn. :wink:

Baggronor:

Yeah, the only reason i took him was to carry a dispell scroll and Scroll of Shielding
Can't carry two scrolls, they're both arcane.
Haven't tried Shadow Lore yet, only Fire and Death, and Death Lore combined with good roll on dice can win you victory on the 2-3 turn.
It is overpowered, yeah. My DE High Sorceress with Sacrificial Dagger is basically like cheating; 4 dice into Doom and Darkness, then stab a few Spearmen and Spirit Leech. Doesn't really matter how many PD I roll. Ahh Elven tactics :rolleyes:

Lord Archaon:

Can't carry two scrolls, they're both arcane.

Baggronor
Sorry, my mistake, i was using 7 ed armybuilder for the list and totally forgot about that. ;)