[Archive] Shooty or numbers?

Lava Lord:

:hashut��I’m building an army for a tourney on Dec 16th.��I’ve read a lot of what this forum has said about army lists and I was wondering what you fellow CD Lords thought was cheesy, to cheesy to use.��I’d like some of you’alls opinons for consideration. Thanx.��Oh I probaly be facing some dragons, giants, gougers, and hydra’s, to name a few.:hat off

Uzkul Werit:

Against lots of big critters, shooting will help you most. Nothing is better than killing an expensive Dragon with a cheap Bolt Thrower.

Lava Lord:

Thanx for the thought. I tend to agree. Now being a tourney, the trick is to balance it out. I’ve been going over some of the other army lists and comments and taking it all in.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m going to an in-store tournament on the 16th as well (hopefully. I am speed painting a 2,000 point army from what can currently be seen in my army pics page… I’m using two normal dwarf units as well to bulk out the ranks. They’re painted fairly similarly though, so…). I wonder if it’s the same one? I’m just using what I have to hand which is as follows:

Sorcer Lord- Level 4 and Staff of Sorcery

Chaos dwarf Hero- Great Weapon, Armour of Ghazrakh, Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

Chaos Dwarf Hero- Shield, Armour of the Furnace

15 Chaos dwarf Warriors- Blunderbusses, Full Command

15 Chaos dwarf Warriors- Blunderbusses, Full Command

14 Chaos dwarf Warriors- Great Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Slavery

20 Hobgoblins- Bows, Light Armour, Shields, Full Command

Death Rocket

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

17 Orc Boyz- Additional Choopas, Shields, Big Uns, Full Command

Earthshaker

6 Bull Centaurs- heavy Armour, Full Command, War Banner.

I don’t know how effective it will be and don’t really care. i just wanted to participate. I hope that this could help you. Basically, take what ya have! Just try and show off your models, that’s what I’d say. But, you can still have lots of shooting if need be…

TheChaosDwarfBehemeth:

Where is your army painting thread? could u link it ?

Lava Lord:

I’ve read in places of 4 bolt throwers. Is that too much or not. I’ve seen it go 50/50 in discussion.

hat fanatic:

Someone suggested 4 bolt throwers in my 1000 point army i said it was to cheesy because i was just playing friendlies but i think maybe in a 2000 point tourney you may just get away with it. plus if you have 4 bolt throwers you will have no trouble against those big nasties.

hal:

Four bolt throwers is cool if you ask me. Half of 'em are going to miss anyway.

Canix:

Four BTs is okay in 2000 especially against monster heavy you may lose a couple of points for the same special and if there are horde enemies a DR can suffice like in Hashut blessings list:hat

Hashut’s Blessing:

Link to my painting thread

As for four bolt trhowers, be wary… You don’t want to have lots of blunderbussers with 4 bolt trhowers, a death rocket, an earthshaker, hobgoblin bowmen, arrer boyz and a great taurus. You will get called gruyere for that. 4 bolth throwers, an earthshaker and a unit of blunderbussers should be enough shooting. A great taurus if you can as well.