[Archive] Show your snow sculptures!

Admiral:

Some quick heads from this weekend’s ski trip. Spent most of the spare time digging snow. A few Dwarf heads in there (and an unfinished Dwarf and T-rex head, owing to the metal spades breaking against the hardened, icy snow crust):

tjub:

@Admiral, what is this snow you speak of? /GBG :o

Admiral:

Tjub, snow is what we’re presently drowning in up north. I had planned to spend most of the day sculpting on a long-planned project, but Father Winter harboured other plans. Had to spend most of the day shovelling snow. It’s still pouring down, wonderful!

Some of the shovelled snow was collected in a ramp, to make a snow dwarf. It’s not thaw enough for building easily (I tried), so no helmet or even full face this time, only a simple low head. This face will meet the children when they go to school tomorrow morning, and the adults when they drive to their jobs:

[align=center][/align]

HPN:

No snow here this year unlukily! And considering my holidays are already finished, is better if none shows up now. :smiley:

Admiral:

It’s that time of the year! Anyone up for a snow sculpture challenge? A Chaos Dwarf in big hat could be demanding to pull off. :wink:

[align=center][/align]

Uther the unhinged:

Awesome sculpt! Sadly us welsh are limited. Our h2o is almost always liquid and mud sculpts are more Nurgle than Hashut.

Bolg:

Oh my some of these are really cool!

Admiral:

Thanks a lot! I thought Wales was marked as ocean on maps?

And then they were two:

Admiral:

Can you trust an elf?

The icy and lumpy snow made this one tricky, and pulled down the quality drastically, as well as having it end up way too thin. Still, it’s a face.

[align=center][/align]

Skink:

An elf face! And, as of now, I would kill for a decent black pist run :(. Man I want to ski :mad!!!

tjub:

Impressive Mathias! Haven’t seen snow around these parts yet, just fog rain and ice… :mad

Admiral:

Tack! Snow is bliss, aye!

Though it’s currently too frosty and lumpy to be much good for detailwork. It would not have been advisable to attempt teeth with such material:

[align=center][/align]

Admiral:

A plague of Dwarfs!

Admiral:

Fimir and Orc:

[align=center][/align]

Dwarf head Tetrarchy carved out of icily lump and gravel-filled snow. Not good material:

[align=center][/align]

Admiral:

Snow is melting fast, but here is a comic police dog in snow for a young member of the extended family:

[align=center][/align]

Admiral:

It is that time of the year! Snow has finally come in droves. Days and days of shovelling and skiing has ensued. Blissful.