[Archive] Show your snow sculptures!

Admiral:

A place for any wacky snow sculptures you might conjure in the biting cold of wintertime.

To start off, here’s mine from this year. I stopped before doing details because thaw set in. Now it’s melting fast:

Admiral:

Snow ahoy! Winter means building snowmen for the childish of us, and that means Warhammer snowmen for the fanatics.

The current ones in our garden this year were carved in icy and powdery snow, which punished any attempt at details. They turned out primitive, but were fun.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you Mr. Dwarf and the double-headed Ogre Ob and Bob:

Do you have any cool creations of your own to share?

Yodrin:

Ha ha, that so cool!!!

MadHatter:

You would’ve won Artisans with a Chaos Dwarf one.

Wow man, just wow.

tjub:

Haha, what about a Artisian Chaos Dwarf Snowman? :P:D

Helblindi:

These are from two years ago. We only had one day of sculptable snow this year, and did not use it.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

what’s snow?

just kidding :wink:

Fuggit Khan:

what's snow?

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed
Snow? I think I saw it once, about 30 years ago?
As we like to say here in California: "The best part of winter is watching it on TV in the rest of the world"

Abecedar:

Move to Tasmania, It can snow there at XMas sometimes

My wife says the snow-cat is Purrrrfect.

Admiral:

Herby, that’s a couple of nice snowmen, particularly the arms. Good ones!

@MadHatter & tjub: Haha, that one never occurred to me. :smiley:

Helblindi, that’s impressive to boot. Have some slaves! :hat off

Haha, you southerners need a good winter as much as you need some fresh Viking raids! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

what's snow?

just kidding ;)

what's snow?

Snow? I think I saw it once, about 30 years ago?
As we like to say here in California: "The best part of winter is watching it on TV in the rest of the world"

Fuggit Khan
Ooh! I'm sorry. I can't imagine how it is to celebrate Christmas without snow. As for someone like me who has grown up with it it's just unthinkable. Snow usually starts to fall in the middle of December in my region. And it sometimes stays snowy till March. And in some years the snow starts falling after Christmas. We then call it a bad or at least a not so good Christmas because Christmas without snow isn't Christmas. :s

Herby
So true... i lived in Czech Republic from 2007-2010 so my whole perspective on snow changed. No snow at christmas does feel strange even though i have lived most of my years in sunny Sydney. After a real snowy christmas it is strange to go back :)

Yodrin:

Snow? We got it here in Vikingland:). -20 today, kinda cold…

Fuggit Khan:

-20 today, kinda cold...

Yodrin
:o -20 ????!!!!

Bloodbeard:

-20 today, kinda cold...

Yodrin
:o -20 ????!!!!

Fuggit Khan
That would be -4 fahrenheit for all you non-metric people across the atlantic.

-20 F would equal -28 C.

Bloody cold. We've had -10 C today and some extra wind chill factor. Love it!

Cronos:

This is one of the few redeeming factors of winter - snow is awesome to look at and play with. Too bad it requires cold :wink: Kudos for awesome snow sculptures, thanks for sharing!

Having I spent the majority of my first three decades on this planet in the forests of northern Sweden, I am now a happy resident of California and have joined the crowd of “snow happens to other people” :smiley: I will readily admit that Christmas lost its luster without snow though…

Mivrash Faz:

Lost all my love for snow and winter when I was in the army. Joined in October, started basic training (GMT) in mid November (3.2k runs at 5am in-10 to -20 temps, 12k ruck marches on nice icy roads, class room instruction held in hooches, or Korean war vintage tents , most of our meals were eaten outside or in shacks with holes in the walls big enough to drive a tank through :sick) I didn’t thaw out until July. Snow is only nice in a picture, when viewed in August.

Admiral:

@Mivrash Faz: No wonder Hell was frozen over in Norse mythology.

A team consisting of me, my brother and a friend of ours participated in a little snow sculpture event. It went as planned.

Admiral:

Valhalla, I am coming! Thank you, Herby!

The viking dwarf was entered into an event themed “snowman friend”. So we made a fearsome Dwarf ally whom everyone would like to have as friend, and not enemy. :smiley:

MadHatter:

Great job man :cheers

that dwarf is the best one so far :cheers

Admiral:

Thanks! Our friend came up with the idea and led the common sculpting (we had 4 hours to go, with an icy block to attack). It’s in the 1:1 scale. Once the basic shapes were cut out, I did the head and beard, and details like the shield boss and scalemail. My brother did the cloak and made a very good circle shield. Our buddy made the knife arm and shoulder pads.

It’s in the 1:1 scale. I wonder how long it takes before someone puts an object into its gaping mouth. My brother placed a baguette and an empty bottle in it while we sculpted away.