[Archive] showcase section

Doombeard:

I’d like to see a Hall of Fame portrait photo thread for all of the Chaos Dwarf Generals who contribute their showcased armies.

It might be tough to look at, may contain graphic imagery or questionable censorship values, and probably won’t win any beauty prizes but it’d be nice to see all our ugly, tusked, bearded, mutated, disfigured faces and a hall of fame style showcase thread would be great!

Even better if stood next to their army or holding their favourite mini! It might not be everyones cup of tea, but could give a medal for completed photos or something to encourage ppl

each post could go something like

CDO username,
age,
location,
fav unit in game,
length of time involved in hobby,

and then photo.

Bloodbeard:

Well, feel free to post an image of your face somewhere. I don’t really like the idea of a hall of fame. Anybody who has a nice completed army should post an army shot in the showcase gallery, perhaps with a link to their personal showcase. Everybody is free to do that now.

There’s not much hall of fame in a gallery where individuals post themselves - and I’m not really for a comity choosing people to a hall of fame. But feel free to wish armies for the CDO main page. I’ve told admins I would love to see Yodrin and Skinks armies there.

Regarding the “show your face and data” thing. People can of cause do as they want. But all the info I wish to share is in my blog an profile - and there’'s a reason my avatar is a drawing.

But thanks for bringing up a suggestion for site expansion.

MadHatter:

What Bloodbeard said.

Malorndk’s army would be an awesome addition to the frontpage aswell :slight_smile:

Doombeard:

Regarding the "show your face and data" thing. People can of cause do as they want. But all the info I wish to share is in my blog an profile - and there''s a reason my avatar is a drawing.

But thanks for bringing up a suggestion for site expansion.

Bloodbeard
Makes sense man!

Malorndk:

What Bloodbeard said.

Malorndk's army would be an awesome addition to the frontpage aswell :)

MadHatter
Wow man! Thx a ton! <3

That being said, my army isn't quite there yet. I have an inconsistency in my basing style, 60 boring brown hobos and an army that screams ravening horde more than Tamurkhan. If my army ever hit the main site (which I of course hope it will) it must be when I have earned the honor more by fixing the biggest flaws. Everything doesn't have to be perfect or even close to, but the bases, brown hobos and lack of IDs+Hellcanons annoy me. But I'm in for the long haul, so if I don't make it in 2015 I might make it in 2016 ;)

And on the topic I must echo Madhatter and say I share Bloodbeards opinion. I will not be against a hall of fame, but I don't personally feel the feature is lacking.

cornixt:

We already have the blog and showcase forums, which can be used for such things, and people can add a link on their profile to those if they wish.

Doombeard:

Yeah that’s cool agreed!

Doombeard:

I was really just looking for an excuse to post this masterpiece

MadHatter:

I was really just looking for an excuse to post this masterpiece

iamahobgoblin
Hahaha fantastic, is this you? Hmm and mr. ehh... cat?