[Archive] sigmarite army

username:

Hey,

I’m planning on doing a large sigmarite-themed army, with lots of me in robes and hammers, of course. Also, as a dogs of war unit, I thought about making sigmar-worshipping ogres or dwarfs. What do people think of this idea?

Kera foehunter:

I say dwarf would be better since they and the sigmarnites are one with each other . Dwarfs with cool hammer are the bomb.If thinking evil !!!i use the armmor of the chaos warriors cut at the waist line add cape and boots. and add a cool hammer.

Evil sigmars ooohhhooo gives you a chilll don’t it

username:

yeah, i want to get some dwarfs, but for some reason, I cant get over the thought of sigmarite ogres with giant hammers and plate armor and monk robes. That would be just soooo cool.

Uzkul Werit:

You could simply use the Sigmarite Maneater. There was a very good looking Sigmarite army in GW Stockholm.

username:

which maneater?

Kera foehunter:

That would be cool .Get maneater with the hammer already .Well good luck with it Username

AGPO:

Been done, but its a cool idea. Do some research and find out about which knightly orders are most closely associated with Sigmar. Think of suitable themes for your units - Templars of Sigmar (witch hunters) make cool captains/generals. Lots of militaia to represent the faithful, and state troops’ profiles could represent the mundane troops which serve the knights/form priest’s bodyguards. Great swords are foot knights. You get the idea.

wallacer:

My Empire army has a Sigmarite theme to it, although perhaps not to the same extent that you are thinking of making (mostly because it also doubles as a WAB Teutonic Knights army). Some piccies:

Kera foehunter:

Hummmm gold statue. Boy wallacers you can pimp out a empire army too.

Of coarce thats a lowrider right! great job i like it!!!

Uzkul Werit:

Those are some impressive Knights. And for the reckon, I’d hate to be on the end of their charges.

Malificant:

ogre flaggellents would be hot. gorger anyone?

maneaters w/ great weapons as ogre sized great swords…(mike butcher did a unit of these)

wallacer:

I can’t really envisage Ogres flagellating themselves to be honest.

They just don’t seem like the kind of species to really grasp the concept of sin and repentance.

Using Dwarfs is a good idea.��The old Imperial Dwarf miniatures would do the job if you can pick them up cheaply enough.

Malificant:

on the other hand dwarves are too bound in tradition and ancestor worship to turn to a human god. ogres adapt to where they are living, and if hired on by the church of sigmar and long enough preached at they may take up the idea of flagellation.

fluff wise i think that ogres makes more sense and for cooler(and easier) conversions. save your dwarves for dawi-zhaar.

wallacer:

In the old fluff there were a lot of Dwarfs living in the empire (the old Imperial Dwarfs) who lived in the empire and fought with it’s armies.

The reason that a lot of those Dwarfs lived in the empire was because they were outcasts from Dwarf society (either voluntarily or involuntarily), in many cases because they were disenchanted with the old Dwarven ways. On top of that Dwarfs of all kinds look fondly on Sigmar because he saved their bacon at Blackfire Pass.

I’m not so sure that some of those Imperial Dwarfs wouldn’t have worshipped Sigmar. I can see it happening in some cases at least.

AGPO:

Don’t forget the cult of Sigmar is ancestor worship in the same way as the dwarfs. May be a tad too recent for them though. Dwarfs as allies would be a nice touch though

Kera foehunter:

I like the idea orge flaggellents chains signs and whips and hammers

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m not sure you’d find Sigmarite dwarfs personally. Maybe dwarfs in the WEmpire that are synpathetic to the cause of a Signarite army or something, but then you have to incorporate a DoW or RoR dwarf unit. Ogres are easier to fit in and although I doubt they’d flagellate, I think they’d come to an understanding of Sigmar as some mighty form of the Maw or something similar.