[Archive] site down **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Willmark:

The problem stems from the fact that they have denied us access to a folder which then causes the 404 or 403 error.

clam:

Another bad/sad day for CDO lots of 404 and 403.

Did mail Willmark about it:

I got this reply:

Yeah I’m fighting with CP Hosting right now and Xander is MIA.

Everytime I put it back online they are taking it down.

I’m looking into seeing what it will take to get us to another server. Money isn’t the issue, it’s the fact that it’s not my site and I can get ahold of Xander. Which puts me in a tough spot.

Stay patient I’m on it now and pushing to get us moved.

Mark

Willmark
Good news I think - now would someone get hold of Mr. Xander, please ?

Willmark:

Ok after a particularly rough time today I’m now looking into where will be moving the site to. I had been holding off on this, but have been looking for alternatives all the while.

Suffice of to say I am aware of the issues but want to stress this may take some time to figure how the migration strategy will work and where our new home will be.

Please hang in there everyone.

WM

Thorne:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chaos-dwarfs.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.9 Server at www.chaos-dwarfs.com Port 80
Since 9am this moorning gmt

Willmark:

Hey everyone as a quick update the site should be moving to a new server (not webhost) tomorrow.

You may experience some loss of posts at that time when the switch is made but nothing signifigant (maybe a few here or there).

The new server should be signifigantly faster (we hope) and up time should be better. Again longer we will be looking for alternatives.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Willmark, maybe make a Website News post? That way, people know it’s being fixed and know to expect posts to disappear whilst posting tomorrow. Personally, I’ll just concentrate on something else for the day to avoid loss of posts.