[Archive] Size comparison pictures of evil Dwarf miniatures wanted

Admiral:

Preparations for what will hopefully be the next issue of WoH (if issues of technical nature can be overcome) are under way. In this thread we’re mapping out all ranges and new evil Dwarf-related miniatures which has appeared on the stage since 2012, when the last Word of Hashut was finished.

Now we need size comparison shots, including GW Dwarfs (especially BFSP), older Chaos Dwarfs, FW’s CDs and as many evil Dwarves from other ranges as possible.

Do you have any of these in your collection? Be welcome to line them up and photograph them!

Any help will be appreciated. You can post the pictures in this thread, and you can send them to me via PM as well if you want to make sure.

Thanks in advance! :cheers

cornixt:

You should take a look at Zanko’s thread here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5174

Admiral:

Good chart, Herby!

Thanks for the link, cornixt! I’ll ask Zanko if we can use his size comparison picture for the sake of completeness, though we’ll still need photos for the newer ranges. :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Should I make new pics with Herby`s skala in the background? :wink:

:hashut

Admiral:

Should I make new pics with Herby`s skala in the background? ;)

Zanko
Yes please, that'd be much appreciated! :cheers

Zanko:

I hope I will find tomorrow some time to meke the pics and to post them! :hat off

Heavygear:

Form Left to Right:
Russian Alternative miniatures Fire Canyon Dwarf with Sword and Board
Titan Miniatures Dwarf Royal Guard
Russian Alternative Miniatures Fire Canyon Dwarf Harquebusier
Forge World Infernal Guard with Hand Weapon and Shield

They are all roughly the same scale with the big hat heads on the Russian Alternative miniatures being slightly larger but not noticeable on the tabletop. They should look good next to the GW big hats.

The Titan miniatures models are slightly smaller in scale, but barely noticeable and when ranked up beside infernal guard not noticeable at all.

The new GW Dwarves are all identical in scale to the infernal guard, hence the easy weapon swaps we have seen in other posts.

The only difference between any of these really is the modeling style.

Heavygear:

Another size comparison shot.

From left to right:

Avatars of War Rune Lord - note that the metal character models are larger in scale than the warrior models, much like GW minis.

Russian Alternative Harquebusier Champion

Titan Wargames Dwarf Sorcerer

1st Edition Citadel Chaos Dwarf mortar crewman

GW plastic Longbeards Champion

Titan Wargames Royal Guard

Forge World Infernal Guard

Bloodbeard:

Thanks Heavy Gear.

If you would print and use the size chart it’s awesome. More than one reason:

1. There will be some space between the miniatures.

2. It’s easy to make a collage from many contributers. Resizing, cutting, etc can be done in paint if all you the size chart.

Admiral:

Thanks Heavygear! That’s a really useful span of ranges.

Good call, Bloodbeard. If we keep the size comparisons to a standard it’ll be easier to make a compilation of them for the website (and immortalize them in WoH). It’ll look more professional, too. :slight_smile:

Still, there’s a value in having the minis ranked up close together. That’s how a mix and match will look in your army, after all.

Zanko:

I will make some pics before a white background together with Herby’s scale chart.

I need some days cause yesterday here was a storm and many trees were disrooted. So in the moment I have some other priorities. :frowning:

Hopefully I will manage it till next weekend (at the latest)!

Admiral:

Don’t stress, Zanko. We’re not in a rush yet. :slight_smile:

Zanko:

So … the pre-works are done!

I will do the pics at the weekend and then post them in a new thread.

I hope the pics will become quite good! :wink:

Zanko:

I began to make the 1st pics but now the battery of the camera is empty … :mad

I think I can make the next pics this evening or tomorrow morning! :~

I will make a thread in the “Ideas and Advice” Forum, is it o.k. for you?

Admiral:

I began to make the 1st pics but now the battery of the camera is empty ... :mad

I think I can make the next pics this evening or tomorrow morning! :~

I will make a thread in the "Ideas and Advice" Forum, is it o.k. for you?

Zanko
Sure thing! Thanks doing this. :cheers

Zanko:

Thread is posted! :cheers

clam:

I’d happily do some pictures of me own line next to mm90s, 3rd’s or big hats - and could use that chart Herby posted.

Admiral:

I'd happily do some pictures of me own line next to mm90s, 3rd's or big hats - and could use that chart Herby posted.

clam
Yes please, that'd be great! :hat off

clam:

Okay, and now I had a huge pile of my collection out I did a few other pictures.

First four here just to show “what size” the real thing are and what a huge difference Citadel/GW/Marauder Miniatures have had over the years - when it comes to “dwarf size”:

Citadel/Games Workshop:
Later editions:

2nd/3rd Edition:

Marauder Miniatures:

And here are my Ewal Dvergar:

It’s Johann, 2 multi parted Ewal Dvergar (tons of builds but this should give you a minimum to maximum build), Olaf, Sweyn

And as I also had the Four A Miniatures out, I did this:

(Dronzak Bannerfist (clam), Flint McGoreblade Dwarven Merc (Whiffwaff), Carsten the corruptor (Grimstonefire), Dwarf Lords Champion (Shane Hoyle) and Hiargh and Lowargh (John Pickford)

In my range are a few of Sjoerdo’s (Sjoerd Trouwee) sculpts. Sjoerd did his own range ones “Twisted Tales”. These were approximately equel to Marauder Miniatures. Here are the original 5 ones:

Sjoerd handed over the original Twisted Tales line to Hasslefree. He continued working for them, but these more resent sculpt grew in size:

(Original TT, Gharlund Deadfoot, Volath the Vengeful, Balgin Bloodaxe and Barzach SkullSmasher)

Here’s more of Sjoerdo’s work mix of Hasslefree’s and mine:

(Hasslefree, Ewal Dvergar, Ewal Dvergar, Hasslefree)

And we shall not forget Klagg Morgrief - he is also an ex Twisted Tales-piece but sculpted by: Emiel den Exeter

I don’t have any of Mantic’s Abyssal dwarfs, but I ones did a “going mantic” blog here at CDO - and as the Abyssal’s are just upgrades these might be useful:

Mantic conversion vs. a Volgar from long gone Dwarf Tale