[Archive] skaven **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

kekenda:

What works best against them?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I recommend checking the forum etiquette rules on grammar and punctuation.

If I understand your post correctly, a Sorcerer-Prophet with the Black Hammer of Hashut and Ash Storm could be a good place to start.

kekenda:

I recommend checking the forum etiquette rules on grammar and punctuation.

If I understand your post correctly, a Sorcerer-Prophet with the Black Hammer of Hashut and Ash Storm could be a good place to start.

Grimbold Blackhammer
Thanks for advice,have some slaves.

Bloodbeard:

You really should add more description to the first post.

How many points in the game? Any details on enemy list? Your own available models?

Lots of meat in a skaven army. K’daii fire born and a k’daii destroyer against all the toughness 3 hordes.

A magna cannon and deathshrieker with daemon smith babysitter for taking out large chunks of the enemy with templates.

A hero on flying carpet to take out the lightning cannons before they zap the destroyer.

Daemonsmith with fireball for lots of easy kills.

kekenda:

You really should add more description to the first post.

How many points in the game? Any details on enemy list? Your own available models?

Lots of meat in a skaven army. K'daii fire born and a k'daii destroyer against all the toughness 3 hordes.

A magna cannon and deathshrieker with daemon smith babysitter for taking out large chunks of the enemy with templates.

A hero on flying carpet to take out the lightning cannons before they zap the destroyer.

Daemonsmith with fireball for lots of easy kills.

Bloodbeard
ETC 2400 points,standard skaven ETC list with bell,furnace,lightning cannon,abomination,gutter runners...

TheFNG:

So because this is a one-off (I assume) and not a tournament, I suggest that you load up on Lore of Fire, warmachines, and great weapons. I would run Lore of Fire on your Lvl 4 so you can push through boosted fireballs, fulminating cage, and kill lots of models at a time. I’d take 3 deathshriekers, 3 magma cannons, and 2 lvl 1 daemonsmiths. take the channeling staff on the one dsmith. Pair each d-smith with 3 machines. i’d take metal and fire and just take the sig spells unless you get Final Transmutation. The point is extra dice through channeling, and re-rolls on those warmachines so you win the attrition battle.

Next grab a BSB with mask and shield, a lvl 4 with talisman and chalice, and 2 units of 20 great weapons with command and pistols. With the remaining points, I’d take 2 units of 20 hobgoblins with bows. Keep those on the flanks to bait guys. Then force him to come to you. Focus deathshriekers on the units, magma cannons on the Abom/gutter runners, and Hobgoblins on the gutter runners as well.

With so many magic attacks on his side, I don’t see the need for K’daai in this battle. You have 4 units of 20 for CC, you have a metric ton of shooting, potentially deadly magic, and the ability to shut his magic down. Your GW will tear through his units, your hobgoblins and warmachines should give your Hobgobs a fighting chance in CC, and force him to come to you.

kekenda:

So because this is a one-off (I assume) and not a tournament, I suggest that you load up on Lore of Fire, warmachines, and great weapons.  I would run Lore of Fire on your Lvl 4 so you can push through boosted fireballs, fulminating cage, and kill lots of models at a time.  I'd take 3 deathshriekers, 3 magma cannons, and 2 lvl 1 daemonsmiths.  take the channeling staff on the one dsmith.  Pair each d-smith with 3 machines.  i'd take metal and fire and just take the sig spells unless you get Final Transmutation.  The point is extra dice through channeling, and re-rolls on those warmachines so you win the attrition battle.  

Next grab a BSB with mask and shield, a lvl 4 with talisman and chalice, and 2 units of 20 great weapons with command and pistols.  With the remaining points, I'd take 2 units of 20 hobgoblins with bows.  Keep those on the flanks to bait guys.  Then force him to come to you.  Focus deathshriekers on the units, magma cannons on the Abom/gutter runners, and Hobgoblins on the gutter runners as well.  

With so many magic attacks on his side, I don't see the need for K'daai in this battle.  You have 4 units of 20 for CC, you have a metric ton of shooting, potentially deadly magic, and the ability to shut his magic down.  Your GW will tear through his units, your hobgoblins and warmachines should give your Hobgobs a fighting chance in CC, and force him to come to you.

TheFNG
It is one-off and it's the only list that he plays. Thanks for advice.