[Archive] skin

zorn sabretooth:

what should cd skin tones look like ?

zorn sabretooth:

what should cd skin tones look like ?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Whatever you wish. I use normal skin tones. A lot of people use dustier tones and also a lot of darker tones and greys etc etc. Some use far paler tones, probably due to a lack of sunlight in the plains. It might be cool to use more daemonic colours, if that’s the them of your army. Daemon binding to the CDs themselves. The more powerful members infused with more powerful daemons and thusly more daemonically coloured.

wallacer:

I use Vallejo leather brown, highlighted by lightening the VLB with increasing quantities of GW Dwarf Flesh.

Other people prefer grey tones, which also look good.

Have a look through the showcase thread and see what takes your interest. It won’t be hard to find out how they were painted once you figure out which look is for you.

Kera foehunter:

i like using a greys and whites gives it a pale evil look

i use fortess grey elf flesh and high light in white (gw paints)

Snotling:

i use dark flesh and highlight it with dwarf flesh. i like a very dark, leather-like skintone for my CDs. purple is cool, too.

GRNDL:

I’ve been trying to recreate GeOrc’s CD skin colour - its a sort of purplish skin tone. I have no idea how he’s been doing it and I haven’t replicated it very faithfully. I feel it really gets the “persian” feel across. I dunno, it just seems to say it to me.

Base/undercoat - Citadel Hormigaunt Purple (foundation)

Shade/wash - Flesh/Purple in 1:1 ish.

Highlight - tanned flesh/dwarf flesh

I change it up everytime I apply it in the hopes of getting closer to Georc’s but I haven’t come that close.

Grish:

Have you asked GeOrc for help?

GRNDL:

@Grish

No, I haven’t. I’m pretty anti-social and like to do things by myself. Learn from my own mistakes, etc. And yes, I know how that sounds. :slight_smile:

I am destined for mediocrity. It is the way of things. :slight_smile:

Snotling:

No, I haven't. I'm pretty anti-social and like to do things by myself. Learn from my own mistakes, etc. And yes, I know how that sounds. :)

GRNDL
muahahaha, you are to shy to ask the master :)
but if it helps, i remember a WD with a small article about this dwarf (very small), where GeOrc said, that he used many sades of grey which he shaded with purple (grey because they turn to stone... )