[Archive] Skullcracker base?

Pertruabo:

Hello guys

so for the skullcracker,does it need a base? or should I just roll unbased?

Bloodbeard:

Warmachines don’t need bases.

But I’ve put bases under all my warmachines - just for the looks of it.

The last ETC base size you could choose (option because base is not required) for a skullcracker was 80*100 mm as I recall.

Malorndk:

Since the Iron Daemon and Skullcracker are actually Unique Unittype and not warmachines they should actually have a base i guess?

And Bloodbeard is right about the ECT base size:

Skullcracker: 80100

Iron Daemon: 60

Thommy H:

There aren’t any rules that relate unit type to base size (except that war machines don’t need one) - you just whatever base it’s sold with. Since the Skullcracker doesn’t come with one, it doesn’t have one. However, since it’s treated as a chariot for most of its rules, it probably ought to be on a chariot base.

Odatria:

Forgeworld said the Iron Daemon should go on a 100x60 (screaming bell) base.

If you ask me a skullcracker is still an iron daemon, so I’d base it on that.

Pertruabo:

Aight,so do you recommend adding a base or not?

Malorndk:

I will base mine on a 80*100 following the ETC since it is a unique unit and not a warmachine, but no where is this required either by RAW or RAI, so you can choose to do whatever you want

Admiral:

It’s not necessary, but for aesthetic reasons more than rules I recommend you to put Iron Daemons and Skullcrackers on Screaming Bell bases.

Bitterman:

Do they even fit? The Skullcracker in particular looks (from memory) to be much, much longer than 100mm.

Malorndk:

They fit better than the 6th edition wyvern on its 50*50 base if you remember that monstrosity :wink:

The skullcracker might have some hammers extending from the base but the core of the model should fit