[Archive] Slayer Boar Centaur test model - First Scuplt Done

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think the armour will look fine in that paint scheme, but I still think that you need to add a bit of beard between the metal and GS beard.

Sharp:

Ok, here we go. I’m done sculpting my first of 10. I might cut down the ‘tusks’ to more of a point.

The next one I do I’m going to try and do the boar half separate so I can cast it, then figure out a way to get the slayer top half on there. It should save time (and I wont have to scrounge up 8 more Boar Bodies :stuck_out_tongue:

furrie:

the beard is looking nice

Kera foehunter:

great job!!! the tusk are cool

torn:

it looks seriosuly cool. i think using the slayer as a base model has given it quite a chaotic look from the outset, and the boar bodies seem to tie in nicely proportion size.

the whole nurgle idea is pretty cool. its not like all chaos worshipping dwarves have to follow hashut!

ErsatzGnomes:

is the boar just off of a fantasy orcs and goblins chariot/rider?

n00bLord:

Nice work, really like the way both models meld together so nicely. The only thing that irks me is that his beard doesn’t look like a beard. They look like worms to me. If you can I’ve made a few beards by twisting thin tubes of greenstuff, looks great but you have to be careful not to mess em up! The armor looks good, and I really like the pose.

Gadain:

Wow, it looks great ! Nice idea !

Maybe I’m gonna steal it from you… :slight_smile:

Gadain

Sharp:

Thanks guys! To answer some questions/comments:

is the boar just off of a fantasy orcs and goblins chariot/rider?

ErsatzGnomes
Yes, this one specifically is from the Orc Chariot.
The only thing that irks me is that his beard doesn’t look like a beard. They look like worms to me.

n00bLord
This was something I was worried about as well, but I think that once I get some paint on it, it will look more like a beard.

Xander:

In the future you may want to try smaller beard curls, but simply use more of them.

Looks pretty good though. :slight_smile:

Sharp:

I totally agree, however I was simply putting the curls right over the old locks, covering up the original. On the next one I may actually get the Dremel out so I’m not so limited…

AGPO:

Lovely work. The only suggestion I’d make for the others would be t repose the boars. I often think the circa 4th edition steeds (Empire horse, boar, wolf, elven steeds etc) look a little too much like there walking. BOAR CENTAURS CHARGE ITNO BATTLE!!!

Canix:

Nice idea Sharp,he is looking mighty fine a unit of those will look well cool .:hat

Hmm boars looks like AGPO is getting excited ;)lol