[Archive] Slayer Boar Centaur test model - First Scuplt Done

Sharp:

What do you guys think of this so far?

Those armoured plates are still WIP, I’ve since gone back and squared off the ends a bit more.
I’ll be doing some covering each ‘shoulder’ and maybe two in the front.

Comments/Advice before I go any farther? I can probably remove most of the GS that is on there, so let me know if there are any issues with anything…

GRNDL:

Yeah, I think that works out quite nicely. Proportionally its hard to tell its a mash up.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I agree, looks good so far!

asheira:

May not be something I would try with my lack of skill. But if i could i would so use something like it.

Pyro Stick:

You might want to work on the beard a bit more. It looks a bit like a worm or something because it tapers out at the ends too much. Apart from that its looking good. Its a cool idea as well.

Perv:

Yeah looks good mate. Wil his other hand be free or carrying something? Another axe, the same as the one thats there would look prety good.

Narflung:

That actually looks really cool, I like the front on perspective of the first photo, looks like a tough foe

furrie:

he looks pretty cool

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

I like him, though I would change his hair if you got the skill for it. I don’t think any CDs have Slayershaved heads. I know you’re still working on him, but I’d add shoulder pads and armour to, well, the boar :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

The amalgamation looks sound to me. I’d say add another bit of beard between the greenstuff and metal beard. Keep the updates rolling in!

Kera foehunter:

i also think the slayer with the twohanded axe over his head would be cool to

Sharp:

Yeah, I have the 10 man box of slayers laying around, I’ll be using each one to make a centaur :smiley:

Merchant:

Hi there my friend. I think it’s great idea :slight_smile: Actually I recently talked about almost the same idea with my finacé… Just using the slayer from Mordheim as well :slight_smile: I’ve got no corrections to your great idea - I do envy you a bit though, since you had this idea before I did :wink: I’d like to know how the **** you removed the beard… since my idea was to give them a dread-beard instead :slight_smile:

Cheers Merchant :cheers

Sharp:

I just noticed I spelled Centaur wrong in the subject title. - Now Fixed.

I didn’t remove the existing beard completely, just clipped enough away so the GS could cover it up easy enough.

Dark Dwarf :

Looks good. :cheers :cheers

Sharp:

Oh man, I just ripped off the GS work I did already and redid it, it’s looking so much better already :stuck_out_tongue:

Pictures soon.

EDIT: Ok, here we go.

What do you guys think of this? I think the armour will look better once I paint it.

Please note that double-posting is not allowed. There is an edit button on the bottom right of your posts. ~ Hashut’s Blessing

DARKTROOPER:

looks good so, I think it will look great when painted…

bandnerd1892:

Looks good so far! Do you have any shots from above? I’d like to see the GS work on the back. Are you gonna GS a new beard?

nerd :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

so are you going to shiny armmor or rusty armmor.Sharp?

Sharp:

I have to say, almost everything I’ve painted in the past couple years has been nurgle themed, and I think I’m carrying the plague over into this army as well. I’m thinking something like they have a pact with nurgle for all the deamons they use. So while they still worship Hashut, they have a working relationship with nurgle. Between this, and the frequent interaction with my Mortal Chaos army, they have started to catch the plauge.

So it will be a dirty grey/green scheme. Everything will be oily and some things even rusted a bit.

As for back shots, I didn’t’ do that great a job on the top of that back plate, so I’ll refrain for now :slight_smile: The next one will be better, then you can see. :slight_smile: