[Archive] SMM Moscals: Scibors new miniatures

Swissdictator:

The dwarfs themselves seem to stand too tall to me. I dunno.  next to a WHFB dwarf they are probably giants.

Xander
Yeah, but so are chaos warriors next to empire soldiers. I think it's awesome.

TLTG
The more I look at them the more I think it is the hats throwing me off in terms of height. The actual Dwarf himself isn't to far off, but the hat makes him seem so much taller.

Kera foehunter:

i like the long rifles !!and the fuzzy hats

Grimstonefire:

Are these actual models to be cast, or one off models like most of his older stuff was?  Some of the shoulder pads make me think the latter.

Overall they are well sculpted IMO, however they are the most undynamic models.  Sure they have well sculpted details, but the yawn factor would set in soon.  The blunderbuss thing is cool.

The prussian look might appeal a lot in the area he works from, I would have preferred babylonian style.  These guys also do not look evil at all really, a skull here and there isn’t enough.

Canix:

I quite like these:hat off The very weird helmets give them a quirky character that may put some people off like the original CD .The bearskin(wolfskin?) blunderbusses are genius but hey i have 120 napoleonic french grenadiers :smiley:

Scribor goes up in my estimation as these aren’t overly busy :hat

Willmark:

Not too sure about these guys, there is something I can’t quite put my finger on. For a Kislev themed dwarf force these would be perfect…

Sjoerdo:

To be honoust, i’ve never really been a Scibor fan.

Too much pressmoulded details, looking at his 40K models gave me epileptic attacks

Then his own sculpts came out, which I found ill proportioned, soft and often anatomical incorrect, oh yeah and al the faces looked the same .

But I must say I really like these!

The pressmoulding is down to minimum (thank god), good proportions, his hair sculpting has improved  (no more lampries), and they seem well proportioned for dwarves!

So well done! These look very very good!

demi_morgana:

models you presented were made about 2 years ago :slight_smile:

weapon handles will not be as thick as now - remember these are wip photos :wink:

Sjoerdo:

models you presented were made about 2 years ago :)

demi_morgana
And thus shows the progress very well!

Well done :hat off

jolpis:

they are really well made but they would not fit into a WFB game since they look a bit tall and unhumoristic

Kera foehunter:

i always thought his dwarf look like little ogres!! but any figure with a rum barrow

is a 10 in my book

Grahg the Elfmuncher:

Hmm, I somehow managed to miss this thread and start another :rolleyes: Whoops!

The Boyars are neat, but the Blunderbusses (Blunderbussers? Blunderbusserers? Blunderbusseers?) are fantastic, both original and nicely sculpted.

I’ll be eagerly waiting for them to be finished.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Those models are very nice. I like the fine attention to detail as reguards the insignia on the shields and logo’s on the hats. The guns for the Blunderbuss crew are exceptionally interesting with more scribe work on the handle and the skull on the barrel end.

I would be interested in knowing how to get that very fine “Wire” in Greenstuff that this sculptor used for his etching work without squishing it. Do the sculpters do their Green Stuff all in one piece, or little bits at a time and allow for drying time in between before appling another strip of Green Stuff?

(Ok, it’s not an etching, but I forget what you call this type of scrolled work.)

Maul:

As a helm and mask player, I think they may look out of place in my army. I like the models and I like the take on the the chaos dwarves. They do not however have the wreak of evil abut them and they are a bit static. I am glad to see these models out there and I think they will be good for chaos dwarves in general. For folks who already have armies, the warriors might make a good immortal unit or at least more character options.

Grahg the Elfmuncher:

I would be interested in knowing how to get that very fine "Wire" in Greenstuff that this sculptor used for his etching work without squishing it. Do the sculpters do their Green Stuff all in one piece, or little bits at a time and allow for drying time in between before appling another strip of Green Stuff?

(Ok, it's not an etching, but I forget what you call this type of scrolled work.)

Tarrakk Blackhand
There's tutorial on the same site as miniatures - http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,sculpting.php?id=571

dedwrekka:

Just wanna throw this one out there, but I hear this:

Too much pressmoulded details, looking at his 40K models gave me epileptic attacks

Sjoerdo
And I gotta throw out this real set of armor: Henry II of France

Heh, the amount of pressmold details couldn’t live up to the amount of detail put into real sets of armor if a sculptor spent their life perfecting it.

As to the models, I like the sculpts, even though I’m not a big hat fan. I might fit them in as a specialized unit.

snyggejygge:

Great news, they look very cool, despite the big hats!

Father Grumpmas:

I don’t think these guys are as good as they may initially appear to be. It’s always great to see new CD figures but when you get past the press moulded detail, the basic figures are not that great.

They are too tall but have very short legs and the blunderbuss guys in particular are a bit ‘off’ - the angles of the body are strange.

Not quite my cup of tea but it would be interesting to see painted examples.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well the faces are very nicely sculpted, and they are not pressmoulded…

dedwrekka:

I always thought that the major physical attribute that made a dwarf a dwarf (other than the beard) was that they aren’t proportioned like humans. They have stubby legs, thicker chests, and almost normally proportioned arms.

Though I think the legs are too skinny. I like the models as a whole, but it looks like their legs would have to be stick-thin inside the armor.

Height is okay, 22mm to the eyes is actually spot on to the metal dwarfs I have on hand.

warpmaster:

I’m stoked that these are being made.